IQ Data International / RUDE

1 Everett, WA, United States Review updated:

This rent collect collection agency is rude and demeaning!! They won a judgement against me and the Judge even said that they are willing to make payment arrangements with you. I called the next day to make the payment arrangements and Dale was very rude and was only willing to go from 25% garnishment to 20%. I told him that I could not afford that and he said that he was not a finance company and that I owed him that money!! First of all the money was not owed to them, it was owed to the apartment complex that hired them. I then called the old apartments and told the manager of the complex how their collection agency was handling this matter and she was even appauled!! I told her that if he did not honor my voluntary wage assignment that I would just file bankruptcy and then they would get nothing!! Just beware, if they say they will make arrangements with you, they are liars and will leave you even more in debt than to begin with!!

Comments

• Tp
      30th of Aug, 2012

I recieved a call from one of the employee's reminding me I owed my previous residence approximately $1800 for breaking the lease, repairs etc. I explained to the person that I didn't have the money at this time. His response was "why don't you?" Once again I said, "because I don't have the money right now". He said to me very rudely, "you said that already, why don't you have the money". He became very hostile and then threatened me with calling my job and human resources in the attempt to garnish my wages. At that point I just hung up on him. He called back and again began with the brow beating of "why I don't have the money". Does he not know about the economy? I then called the main number again which is suspicious because it was a San Francisco number and the company is in Washington. I spoke to the "legal person" and he said that if the guy I spoke to was willing to take $100 in a good faith attempt then I could do that. I called back the collector and told him and he said, "yes I know". I asked him if he was going to accept the $100 good faith attempt and he, with a raised voice said, "NO, I WANT THE WHOLE THING". At that point I was furious, frustrated and stressed. I called the "legal person" and told him what was said. He told me to hang on and when he returned he said that he will take care of it. He did take the $100 but somehow in my state of mind, he also put a date of Sept 26th, 2012 as the date they will take out the remaining balance. After getting off the phone it dawned on me what had just happened. I doubt seriously that I will not have the remaining balance in my account at the end of September. Now I have to call my back and tell them that I do not authorize I Q Data to take that money. What a freaking hassel. First the apartment building screwed me for leaving early and now I Q Data is doing it. The company is not a member of the Better Business Bureau and I don't know how they sleep at night the way they treat people with out compassion or understanding what some of us are going through. They just are heartless people.