IQ Data / harrasment and unprofessionalism

1 5515 Alabama El Paso, TX, United States Review updated:

I have been called several times and when I try to discuss the matter at hand all I get back is just pay the debt because you owe it at thats that. The first woman I spokewith was okay at first then became very rude and threatening to me. I tired explaining that I had never received anything in the mail and she said that they snt me several letters which I still have yet to receive and they have my correct address because I gave it to her myself. The calls stopped and today 8/18/09 a gentleman not even giving his name was very rude and told me to get out my credit card or check book to pay them and stop the excusses. I told him I was disputing it because of the circumstances and he told me I couldnt and that the full balance was owed. As he got louder and started to argue with me I finally decided that I wasnt going to deal with his unprofessionalism and told him to have a nice day and I hung up. As I have read thru most of the complaints about this company I dont see how they are still in business due to the attitude of the people that represent them. I was screwed over by the apartment company because they bought out the previous company I worked for and now they wann make me pay almost $3000 dollars. They are crazy along with this collection agency.

Jc

Comments

• St
      18th of Aug, 2009

Hello Jennifer,

I just received the same phone call today from the same company. If they didn't send you a written bill, then I suggest getting a lawyer. Article 807 Section 11 of the Fair Debt Reporting Act states they must send you a written notice of a bill. Failure to do so is in violation and they can be held liable fine a minimum of $1, 000 plus lawyer fees, up to $100, 000. Confirm this with a lawyer, I'm waiting for mine to respond. Consultation is free with most debt lawyers.

I told Iqdata several times that I want to pay the bill, but they claim they keep sending me the bill over email and mail after I sent them the correct address more than once. I caught them making mistakes about my address, email address, even my social security number. (They were close, but not correct. DONT GIVE THEM YOUR REAL ONE.)

Good luck, I will find out more when I do.