IntlMove

Posted:

Bait and switch, MAJOR scam company

IntlMOVE has been an absolute nightmare. They "reel you in" with a good comparable quote and promise delivery of shipped belongings within 8-10 weeks. However, 6 months and thousands of dollars over the initial quote later, my husband and I still don't have our possessions. We discovered that they hire sub-contractors only to do their work. In our case, IntlMOVE waited 4 weeks to pick up belongings from the initial moving company who arrived at our home on Sept 29, 2010. Then, instead of our belongings going from Santa Fe, NM to Australia where we were moving to, IntlMOVE then had them sent (without our permission) to their warehouse in Miami, FL only so that our belongings could be held hostage until we paid them thousands of dollars more. We were notified of this new expense via a threatening email 6 weeks into the move. We were notified that if we didn't pay this fee, that they were going to charge us for "storage costs." When we tried to contact them to question this new, unexpected statement, we were unsuccessful despite numerous phone calls, voice messages, and emails. My husband and I finally reached the owner (David Etzion) only after we found his phone # online under the website "IntlMOVE scam". He screamed, used profanity, and threatened us if we did not pay. Essentially, we were never going to see our precious personal belongings again unless we paid these additional, nebulous fees. It was such a huge violation of trust, in addition to extortion and emotional/verbal abuse by IntlMOVE. We paid thousands of extra dollars to IntlMOVE, and as of March 28, 2011 (1 day shy of 6 months since pick-up), we still don't have our things. Customer service is absolutely non-existent at IntlMOVE. Once the contract is signed and the money is paid up front to them, it is as if you are dropped from their radar. I can't believe that the law and judicial system has not caught up with the IntlMOVE organization and filed charges against them (David, Eric, Frank, etc) and their scam. And I have discovered that there are many more victims out there (as per the internet reports). IntlMOVE is a "rogue carrier." Their motto is "to serve you and attend to your international moving and shipping needs professionally, honestly, and with the highest level of integrity. We understand that our long term success depends on your satisfaction." This is false advertising if I ever heard it. . . they are not professional, honest, nor have the least bit of integrity. My husband and I have been greatly deceived by IntlMOVE, and we will do whatever we can to get the word out about this scam operation.
Complaint comments Comments (0) Complaint country United States Complaint category Movement & Delivery

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree