Intex Air Mattressbad product/worse service

We bought an intex air mattress new from cabelas. Used it maybe a dozen times over six months, carefully, adults only, never traveled with it, etc.

Now it has an undetectable leak that renders it useless. Called intex cust. Svc [protected]) and they literally tell you they will do nothing. What a joke.

The punch-line is that intex bills themselves as "the best customer service department in the industry." seriously, check it out:

Will never buy a pos intex product again. Money down the toilet, beware.

Mb

Comments

• In
      Sep 13, 2010
    intax phone - intax in80
    brijesh nagar
    India
    [protected]@yahoo.com

keypad, screen flecuate and battry Pls help me..?
    its' only one month i have buy.

• Po
      Feb 12, 2011

I purchased an Intex mattress and with one use, the quick-release portion of their 3-in-1 valve is broken and it is prone to deflate INSTANTLY during use. We used this once, with absolutely NO roughhousing (we're all over 50). I tried to submit a report with their website in order to get a replacement valve, but their website allows you to fill out the defect form completely, but never enables the 'finish and submit' button!!! I would like to leave this mattress here at my friend's vacation spot as a gift, but I'll have to call their 8:30-5 M-F customer support on the last morning of my vacation to beg for a replacement. I'm not ready to give up on Intex products, but I'm not a happy camper.

• Ci
      Dec 29, 2012

Used mine once and found the 3 in 1 valve has a slow leak. we can't hear it or see it, but it definately goes down through the night. Honestly, if they can just get that right, it is a nice air bed.

• Va
      Sep 13, 2013

STAY AWAY! THIS COMPANY IS A SHAM! I knew upon visiting their website that I had been scammed. I really felt like a jerk... I had never noticed on the box that there was absolutely NO WARRANTY. Yet, I had fallen for it... hook, line, and sinker...

I want to warn any potential customers that Walmart is part of this ridiculous marketing tactic.

I am never going to buy anything affiliated with Intex products in the future. I am also boycotting Walmart for their "eyes open" retailing of this product. V. Spring

Dec 14, 2014

I purchased a air mattress from Gander Mountain. It was a bed my company would use for a few days.. The air mattress has a wheel on it.. when you turn it to the right it inflates and when you turn it to the left it deflates. It inflated well and fast. But when you go to deflate it, the motor goes slow, and eventually doesn't blow any air out( deflates)!!! and the motor gets very hot! So I took it back and got another one... The same thing happened to the replacement air bed too... Won't deflate!!! I cannot get back to the store to return it again... I am 62 and disabled.. What can you do for me? I have bought many many beds from your company.. this is not a reliable thing to happen to a consumer.

Dec 14, 2014

I would like some help here please!!!

• Do
      Dec 14, 2014

Perhaps you attempted to have someone who is morbidly obese sleep on the mattress and it exceeded its structural integrity specifications?

• Va
      Dec 25, 2014

Unfortunately, jojokdz, you are out of luck, unless Gander Mountain's return policy will still allow you to return the mattress to the store a second time.
    The Intex Company has NO return policy, as it does not offer any, and I mean ANY, warranty. They are manipulative, deceitful, and very unprofessional. Now I realize why they don't stand behind any of their inferior products. They prey on consumers like us, who believe they are purchasing something that will last longer than five uses. My biggest awakening was realizing that I have never dealt with a company that didn't warranty their product for at least 30 days!
    Wish you luck.

• Do
      Dec 29, 2014

I'm still banking on the Shamu theory.

• Yo
      Jul 26, 2017

I only weigh 126 and I have bought up to about 5 air mattresses and in within a month or 2 they have a big lump in them and every one I buy always leaks out air where I'm constantly having to pump them up I don't have time for shirt quality when they cost 49$ each I could of bought a bed by now but these [censor] air mattresses are a waste of money and a scam