International Satellite Communications / Local phone call placed at phone booth on Les Champs Elysee in Paris

I placed two phone calls on April 4, 2009 in Paris, France -- both calls were made in Paris to a local Paris phone number for a few minutes each time. Over one week later, $101.57 was charged to my credit card for these two calls (for call #1 I was charged $63.59 and for call #2 $37.98). Neither the connection fee or fee per minute was listed on the advertisement posted in the phone booth and I was shocked to find this outrageous fee charged to my credit card. When I called customer service, they told me that there is a range of "fees per minute" and that it depends on the call (they were not able to specifically tell me how much one would be charged per minute when making a local call) and that the connection fee for each call was $15. This is false advertisement, a blatant withholding of information, and a violent attack against consumers worldwide. People should be warned of this corporation and International Satellite Communications should be publically labeled as the deceitful scam artist that it is.

Ke
Sort by: DownDate | Rating

Comments

• In
      9th of Sep, 2010

The BBG/ Faircall/ International Satellite Communications scam must be stopped
    John Mattes here at Investigativeguy.com .We are talking to consumers around the globe and asking for details of how they got scammed by BBG./ International SatelliteCommunications / faircall ... so we can take action. The scam has gone on for at least 5 years at hotels and pay phones all over the world.If enough consumers stand up we can end the scam .Write giving us details of how they scammed you. Send to [email protected]
    See all our scam busting stories at http://www.investigativeguy.com

I-guy

• Th
      13th of Mar, 2010

I had the same thing happen to me in Thornton, Colorado. I was charged $14.00 for a 3 min phone call. No fees are posted on the phone. I am currently working on getting this compnay shut down!