instant tax services / Tax Scam

1 4576 Mack Rd, Sacramento, CA, Sacramento, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 9164272829

****PLEASE BEWARE THESE PEOPLE ARE SCAM ARTISTS!! THEY ARE DOING THIS TO PEOPLE NATIONWIDE!!!***
On 12/23/11, I went to Instant Tax Service and applied for their "Holiday Loan", which I understood to be a type of (RAL), a loan based on the expected amount of my Income Tax Return. They advertised you could get "up to" $1, 000, and as a single-mother of 2 small children (2 and 4) who made $20K in 2011, I figured at the least I would qualify for at least $500. Imagine my surprise when I was told I was approved for $100. The manager told me to come back with my last pay stub of the year and I may be able to get more money.I rescheduled my appointment for 12/27. They attempted to keep my most recent pay stub. I told them "no" and told them to make a copy and I would provide the original at my next appointment. On 12/27, after waiting in their lobby for an hour or more, I was told their systems were down and they would call me when my check was ready. They pulled my file before I left and confirmed they had all the necessary documents. I heard nothing until 1/2/12, when I called to check, I was then told they did not have or had misplaced my most recent pay stub and was told to bring my pay stub and complete the process. I informed the man I was speaking with I was waiting on additional W-2s and would return when I had them.
On 1/25/12, I had a voice mail from the manager Sega, stating they had been trying to contact me in regards to a check they had for me, and she noticed I had additional wages and I needed to come back with all my W-2s. When I called back, I informed her of the previous situation and told her I was still waiting for another W-2. She then told me she had a $200 check for me for some other loan product they offered. I then asked her if I could just pay the $100 back in exchange for all my info as I was growing leery of the company in general and had seen many negative online articles about the company. She told me I had no choice because I had signed a contract with them. I ended the call and contacted H&R Block and asked if it was possible for them (Instant Tax) to tamper with my refund. I was told as long as they did not have my W-2s I had nothing to worry about.
I filed a complaint with the BBB on 1/26/12. On 2/06/12, I went to Jackson Hewitt and filed my taxes. On 2/8, Jackson Hewitt notified me my return had been rejected. On 2/9, I went to the local IRS office and found out that Instant Tax had already filed, with incorrect wages, and it had been deposited in an account. So, I filed an amended return with form 14039 (ID Theft form). I was told today, 4/2 that the ID theft department had just confirmed receipt of my documents on 3/31/12 and it could usually take up to 6 months to receive my refund. I have requested a tax advocate. Any help or information regarding how I can shut this place down or sue would be greatly appreciated.

Sh

Comments

20th of Feb, 2013

Our office has filed suit against Instant Tax Service in the State of Missouri. If you have had your tax returns prepared at any Instant Tax Service location, we would be interested in speaking with you regarding your experience. Please contact us at (314)522-2312 or email us at [protected]@fortmanlaw.com

Law Office of Jonathan E. Fortman, LLC