JK Harris Complaints & Reviews

JK HarrisStatus of Fraudulent complaints

After reading complaints by consumers through business dealings with JK Harris, my husband and I are confused with regard to pursuing with their services. Moreover, we are unable to afford a lawyer since we have exhausted our monies into our monthly payments for the required fees. We are now being haunted by their collections department with regard to the balance of the required fees before they could pursue the service - knowing that we could be loosing the monies we paid and will continue to pay. Help!!!

Helen Panis
4901 Efthemia Way
Elk Grove, CA 95758
[protected]

JK HarrisStole my money

I am pissed at JK Harris & Co.. LLC, because those *** stole $12, 500 from me 5 years ago.

They had stalled for time all these years and now they say they cannot do anything for me.

They also will not give me back any money, since they said they sent out two letters and never got a response from the IRS or the California State Tax Board, so they give up.

They said I had to contact them myself and if I ever call or mail them anything again they will have the FBI arrest me for asking anymore questions.

I just thought I am entitled to get my questions answered by them, but they told me, "no, it is against the law for me to talk to them anymore.

I think that was very rude of them and now I am out the $12, 500 when I need it the most, since the IRS and the CA State tax board wants their money.

They said if i do not pay soon they will put me in jail like Wesley Snipes.

Bernard32 Jan 25, 2011

I just got through my tax nightmare! I avoided this company by doing research before deciding on someone to represent me. The problem is they take your money before getting a clear picture on your situation with the IRS. Companies like Tax Relief Foundation conduct an investigation first. This is the only honest way to conduct business in this arena. Both you and your representation have realistic expectations. I would recommend them to my parents. That says a lot.

JK Harris — SCAMMERS!

Tax Defense Network Is no different than JK Harris or Tax Masters! I was Originally ripped off by Tax Master...

JK HarrisIR TAX MATTERS

JK HARRIS charge over 5, 000, 00 for a solutions with IRS Tax matters
I paid to them around $3, 700.00 with no solution; instead IRS garnish and levy my BANK AACT
I take step and hire a lawyer for negociate Payment Agrement with the iRS. I paid to the
lawyer $1, 000.00 to help us with the AGREMENT with the IRS. JK Harris manager and Representatives are
not frienly and no anwer the phone calls. No orientation from them and doesnt explain clear the details,
When I walk to the first appoinment in JK Harris office in SCHUMBURG IL the saleperson make a contract
charge a downpayment ; explain in writing numbers for qualification for a reduction with the IRS
showing a good picture how JK Harris can help out with IRS Tax matter with a very good solution.Before JK HARRIS we hire TAX RELIEF from California that company was working in our Tax matter but the COURT
close the business reason (FRAUD) we lost more than $3, 000, 00 dollars with TAX RELIEF and we dont received
our money back. I dont trust any TAX Company we still big problem with the IRS the amount to paid to
the IRS is bigger no help, lost money the owner of those Tax Co take our money; we struglind with our
work because the economic crisis we been working hard in the road looking for work and those people make
easy money. I hope the goverment stop those COMPANYS. Please we need for get my money back.
We sacrifice no vacations my car is old and no solutions and HK Harris each day is richer.

Magda M
ILLINOIS

JK Harris — SCAM! DO NOT USE

My wife and I are engineers and worked as independent contractors in the early 2000's for the electric...

JK HarrisTax Help

Recently our firm [protected]) has been receiving calls from consumers that have been complaining about Tax Masters and Jk Harris. It seems that these two companies are telling everyone that calls in that they qualify for an Offer in Compromise. If you want an OIC all you have to do is download form 656 off the IRS website and submit it. on the site they even tell you what qualifications are necessary to qualify for an Offer in Compromise. Let me be the first to tell you that if you qualify for an OIC you do not have any money to pay a tax preparer of any kind thousands of dollars to do this for you (for most cases, some cases are much more complex). There is no miracle process to resolving a tax payers debt, each individuals case requires a different approach. And there is no way to determine what it will cost a financial firm to resolve your tax situation from one phone conversation. Which is why our firm will do a Tax Investigation first. we actually contact to IRS and determine why you owe the debts you do. Once that is determined it becomes possible to know how your tax situation can be resolved. Fillings as 1099, 1040, k1, 940 etc. have different ramifications, and the reasons you owe the taxes: sub returns filed for you, non payment, receiving lump sums of cash (401k, divorce settlement, lottery winnings, stock trading) all have different ways of being resolved and depending on your situation. you may be entitled to having your debt reduced dramatically, or you may not be qualified to have it reduced at all. I'm not even sure why Those two companies promote Offer In Compromise as the legitimate fix all for tax debt, according to the IRS over 90% of all OIC's submitted get denied. A huge marketing budget doesn't equate to actual help. if you want actual advice and help call [protected]. There is no miracle cure, but there are many ways to fix your tax problems.

• Ac
    Actualtaxhelp Aug 24, 2010

You can visit us on the web at www.settlewiththeirs.info

JK HarrisRip off artist

I contacted JK Harris to help me resolve an old tax debt in February of 2009. They gave my case to a local representative by the name of Randall E. Franzen. I met with Mr. Franzen on 2/18/09. I told him that the IRS has put a levy against my paycheck and bank account, (approximately 65% of my net income was garnished), which only left me with about $500 per month to live on. After going over my expenses Mr. Franzen said, his company could remove the levy against my paycheck and get me debt reduced. He said the cost would be $3200, which included a $350 deposit. I told Mr. Franzen I do not have any money with the IRS taking so much money from me. Mr. Franzen said he would draw up the contract and start the process, with the first payment due on March 18th 2009. This will give his company more than enough time to get the levy released in order for me to start payments. I agreed and signed the contract. 1 week past nothing was done. I called week after week finally, I spoke to an account rep named Linda Hinn. She told me that my account has been filed and my levy release should take place soon. I informed her that I was getting late on all my bills so please hurry. She said she would. Another month past then another. I called to try to get in contact with Ms. Hinn all I got was her voice mail. The accounts billing department of JK Harris started calling me every week asking for money. When I told them about my situation I was told that was not their department's responsibility to work cases only to collect money, also that they do not have contact with other departments. I find it hard to believe that a company’s business is communication, their departments do not communicate with each other. I became homeless waiting on JK Harris to do what they said they were going to do. Finally, I called the IRS and explained that I became homeless, they released the levy, and I agreed to pay $77 per month. I called JK Harris to see if they could get the amount I owe reduced. I was told yes. I started sending $150 per month after 3 months still nothing had been done. I informed JK Harris that I refuse to send any more money until something is done. The billing department is still sending me payment notices. Billing is the only department at JK Harris that seems to do their job.

JK HarrisFraud

I had recieved a notice from the IRS that I had unfiled taxes for two years and owed about $20, 000 dollars in back taxes. I called JK Harris for help and after metting with thier "consultant" and paying them $1, 250 dollars to invetigate my situation, I was told the were going to be able to help me. I then had to pay them another $850.00 to file my two years of taxes. About two months later I received a call that the "consultant wanted to meet with me. At the meeting he gave me copies of the taxes that they had prepared, but not filed, and was told I had to file these myself. I was told that according to his calculations I don't make enough money for them to be able to work out a settlement for me with the IRS--yes I said that right--I did not make enough money. He then told me that for another $1, 800 dollars that they would be able to set up a payment schedule for me to pay the full amount I had started with. I not only did not get any help I am now out $2, 000 dollars that I could have better used to pay down my IRS debt. If you are having tax trouble do yourself a favor, DO NOT CALL THESE SCAMMERS!!! Call an IRS tax advocate and use the money that JK Harris will scam from you to pay down your IRS debt.

marly001 Aug 28, 2009

I used to work for the dept of consumer affairs in South Carolina, where JK Harris is located. We were ordered by the attorney general (yes, he can do that. He is the head law enforcement officer in the state.), to NOT pursue complaints against JK Harris. Here is why: The atty general is Henry McMaster. His old law partner and former attorney general here in SC is Charlie Condon. Henry and Charlie used to practice law together. Get the hint? It is an out and out scam, and NO ONE in this state has the authority to go behind McMaster. It WILL take the Justice dpt to do something. We tried.

• Cl
    C L Fisher Dec 21, 2010

J K Harris is a fraud!!! I too used their service, paid 1700.00 to receive nothing in return. The communication was nill and when I did call them I got a generic response of "we are still checking on your file" I contacted my tax collector and was approved for monthly payments without any hassle! I did in 1 day what these scam artists did in 3 months!!! Please ...If anyone out there has an idea of how to stop this from happening to otheres and shut this unlawful company down ..I am on board!!! C Fisher

• Mi
    Michael Mogerman Jan 04, 2011

thats the same thing that happen to me I owed $20, 000 I had to pay JK harris 1500 and they would get my taxes lower about two weeks later they called me to see if I agreed with a repayment plan they said 250 a month I asked how much did I have to repay they told me untill its payed off I asked how much did they get it reduse they said $5, 000 I guess they though I didnt know the IRS took that 5000 out of my checking account so I called the IRS the payment plan that the IRS came up with was the same plan that JK harris had they did nothing for me but take what little money I had

Marvan Walker Arnold Jun 29, 2011

They have been taking money out of our account for 3 months to stop a lien on our house and we just found out they're a fraudulent company we are now in the process of stopping the withdrawls.
    They have done absolutely nothing. Thank God we found out in time.

JK Harris — IRS Tax Scam

After filing taxes with Turbo Tax for years we were hit with an amount we spposedly owed the IRS. After...

JK HarrisJK Harris Tax Scam

JK Harris is one of the biggest scams going in America. I paid them $750 up front to have the services of their tax accountants and to represent me in my case against the IRS. For more than 2 years they never once responded to any of my requests for help.

For the life of me, I have no idea how this company stays in business, maybe it's those clever ads they run on all of the cable channels. I know that JK Harris is under investigation by the federal government, but those investigations usually take years. Be advised, never give them any money because you'll be left on your own just like me.

• Ha
    Hambonz44 May 13, 2010

BEWARE: JK Harris also scammed me out of 1, 000 dollars, did nothing for me...finally after they cost me more money in the long run.

Hell the IRS did more for me than JK Harris did!

Robert Foster Jun 18, 2010

JK harris ripped me off for 3300.00 dollors.They done nothing for me but cost me more money.Why does'nt our justice system do something about it.Probably because they being payed off.This is not right.Why are they aloud to stay in buisness and brodcast there scam on they radio, TV, and on the internet.I'm sorry that I ever contacted them for help.They are taking atvantage of people that are in desparate help and then they scew you!They should get jail time for stealing from American citisons .Why wont anybody help us.
    Robert Foster

• Sh
    Shannon36535 Jan 26, 2011

JMastrianoCPA is a "tax professional" using a complaints website to advertise his business and putting the same message on every TAX ( h & r block, jackson hewitt, ect ) complaint. Does this seem ODD to anyone else ? Why would you need to do this if you were a real professional and not just looking to get people tp trust you with thier social security number?

• Sh
    Shannon36535 Jan 26, 2011

Nick Hartney e.a. too... Jezz Guys give it a rest!

Jackie Renfro Feb 19, 2011

I went to JK Harris for help and ending up paying them over 2200.00 and they did nothing for me. I was given information that was false, I was ended up being pushed from one person to another. This is a Scam and I don't see how they stay in business. I should have known that when I first met with the representive they did not have a true office and the gentlemen only had a cell phone . It was like a back woods shop. Save your money for they can not help you in any way. They totally mis represent what they tell you they can do. I am still in the same shape that I was in and still owe the IRS over 20, 000.00. No thanks to JK HARRIS they just took my money and ran!!!

Roesel Nov 06, 2012

NEVER hire anyone to represent you, including EA (Enrolled Agents) through the Internet or TV advertising! NEVER! After I had two bad experiences based upon 1) TV ads (Tax Masters was closed down for fraud) and 2) through a clever Internet ad with a "no pressure" sales pitch, I learned that in the area where I live there are dozens of EA's and CPA-owned firms with highly trained people, where you can sit down with them face-to-face and make a judgment as to whether or not you want them to represent you. The EA I hired out-of-the office with no contact for days, had no regulars hours (took days off all the time), moved to a new location and never told his clients so that important papers were sent to the wrong (old) address, demonstrated very poor organizational skills, had a fax machine which did not receive faxes for days on end (the memory may have been full) and I suspect did not even have a college degree. He used a great low-pressure sales technique, disarming the prospective client, and although a much preferred technique absolutely does not insure competence. If you hire locally, you can visit and make a judgment and check with others. NEVER use TV, ads or splashy Internet websites. You will be sorry most of the time.

JK HarrisAwful company

JK Harris is quoted as being a friend to the consumer dealing with the IRS - My husband and I find that to be false and have read many blogs of unhappy people as to the actions of this company. How do they get away with it??? I was audited by the IRS for undeclared taxes. Being on disability for severe chronic pain, this mistake was made by me - adding instead of subtracting a number.

In any case, a representative told me that JK Harris could help me get payments with the IRS for $50 a month. I was a little hesitant and so was my husband, about giving the rep a $950 fee to start the "procedure" with the IRS; but, we were cajoled into giving them the money. Mind you, $950 is a lot of money to give them for us. My husband has a severe heart problem and has to work part time to pay for all the medications that Medicare won't pay for.

I received a letter from Lytoya Stanley, on June 20, 2007, stating that she would be our "case worker". I e-mailed her several times to ask what the status of our case was - no reply. I finally called her and was told that she was "frankly baffled" by our case. She stated that she spoke to the IRS and was told we "didn't owe" anything - that the problem was an underestimate of taxes.

When I told her "why did we hire JK Harris" for, she said all I had to do was get in touch with the IRS and they would set up a payment plan, which I finallyt did. She also stated that we had to wait for 30 to 45 days for a refund. When I told her that the "rep" in New Port Richey told me about the $50 payment plan - she said "well I doubt she said that".

I sent a certified letter to JK Harris to return our money - I received a signed certified receipt - no reply and no money. Meanwhile, all the interest and penalties have piled up while we were waiting for a reply from JK Harris.

How in the world does this company get away with this fraud?

I sent letters to the Attorney General, Consumer Affairs, etc. All I get are letters that they are working on the case.

This company has to be revealed - there are many poor people like us being taken advantage of.

• Valerie Dec 03, 2008

It has been about 8 years since JK Harris ripped me off. I have been fighting back against JK Harris and Monica Linder ever since. The Massachusetts Attorney Generals office just called me about a month ago to ask if my claim against JK Harris was ever satisfied. that was 6 years to late. They where about to file charges against JK Harris, but JK worked out an agreement before hand. That makes about 8 states that have filed against JK Harris, having no effect on the way they do business.

I have suggested that people file complaints with the Post Office, for Mail Fraud, and I have filed a brief with the Justice department, (I am not a lawyer). However, the most effective way to get your money back, is to take them to small claims court. Most, but not all the time it works. The success rate is probable 99%. It is up to you. If you put the effort into it, you will persevere. Small claims works best, for usually the amount is less than the limit for your state. Most states it's $2500-$5000. HOWEVER!!!

File a claim in small claims court. Name JK Harris as the defendant, and the sales person as the confident. You must name a sales person as the confidant, or you will not collect your money. Use the address where you met as the serving address. JK will not appear in court to fight the claim, for should they, they would have to explain why they haven't performed, and why they screwed you. 'IMPORTANT'...When you go to the hearing, ask the court for 'TREBLE' damages, (3x's) the amount owed.

Tell the court about how they have caused you grief, aggravation, and financial hardship. You will receive a judgment. Send a certified letter to JK Harris corporate, demanding payment of the judgment, stating that should it not be paid as ordered by the court, that you will seek a 'CAPIAS'. That is an arrest warrant naming the sales person. Thirty days later, you will have to go back into court, for the Capias, send a copy to JK corporate, and to the sales office, and ask them where it would be most convenient to be arrested, you should receive your money at this time.

Should the amount exceed the limit set by small claims, then you would have to file in Superior Court. that is usually for amounts in excess of $25000. You can represent yourself, but it is a lot more work and effort. However, JK has to send an attorney to court to represent the company, which can cost them a ton of money.

Your choice, fight back, of live with the loss.

JK HarrisNO tax help,NO refund

I hired JK Harris to submit an offer in compromise to the IRS. Paid them $2050.00 for services never rendered. Ended up having bank account levied and settling with Irs on my own. Had them cease all work on my behalf and submitted a refund agreement. The agreement was only for $1600.00. The agreement said I would see a refund in 90-120 days, that was almost a year ago and no refund. These people are a rip off and I advise not using their company. If you have tax problems with the IRS talk to them directly or find a local attorney for help.

JK HarrisFalse advertisement!

This company took our money and did nothing for us. They will not speak with us or refund our money. What they offer is free at IRS. IRS will assist you in whatever you need. If you don't go to IRS NOW you will end up later going to them, because this company almost caused me to lose my home and my tax debt doubled.

Pay no attention to their advertisement!

• Jb
    JB Nov 08, 2007

R Warren,

We are unable to find you in our client records since you did not list your full name or a customer ID number and I am therefore unable to investigate to see what has go on in your case. Please contact us directly at [email protected] so that we may further investigate your case. We would like to offer our continued assistance in getting you a resolution to your tax problems. It is our goal to give you excellent customer service.

robert bryan pike May 07, 2008

I used JK Harris and had the same thing basically happen. I was told I would get a case consultant when I sent my info in. I overnighted it! A month later my JK Harris salesperson wont call me back, and I still had no case consultant. I was blessed enough to have the money to pay off the IRS myself, and fired JK Harris. I asked for a full refund since I was never contacted, and a month later I get a letter in the mail that they were only going to give me $600 of my $1400 I had paid them for doing absolutley nothing. I recommend going to the state board in which you live and file a complaint. They may have gotten my money but it will cost them much more in the long run since I do not appreciate thieves! Run from JK Harris. I will post on every complaint board I find about them. Thanks JK Harris for stealing my families money that I work hard for.

• Fr
    Frank Dacal Jun 13, 2008

Same experiance here waste of time and money. Used both their tax service and credit service you could not get anyone on the phone, yes they called but if you missed the call forget about getting in contact with anyone. No explanation of what you were doing with them other than a letter listing that they needed a variety of information.

This is a mass market service forget about individual assistence they throw the basic forms at the IRS and let the chips fall were they may.

Should have thought about using yahoo search to file a complaint sometime ago.

• Ke
    Ken Jun 16, 2008

I have experienced similar problems with JK Harris. I first contacted them in 2003 about a dispute with the IRS over a 1996 filing. They assured me they could and would solve this matter, then asked for $400.00 which I gave them. During this time I had made several attempts by phone to discuss the process of my case. All I got was the run around call this # or that # much to my surprise these ## were always in some another state. It is now 2005 and NOTHING HAD BEEN DONE. I filled a complaint with the ATTORNEY GENERALS OFFICE, [ wrong place to ask for help]. So I then go to a local tax person showed them my return filling with in 30 days the matter was solved, and I was charged $100.00. I thank GOD for the honest people that remain. It is now 2008 five years has passed and I have yet to hear from JK HARRIS, they are not even aware of the status of my case. They must make a great deal money form their TV advertisements every year, or they would not continue every year at tax time.THINK ABOUT THIS, $400. x 10, 000=$4, 000, 000or more each tax season. Before I retired, I was a business man for many years, and govern by the state License board, also required to be bonded, as well follow the rules of our association. If a complaint was ever filed the state would be on your case before the ink dried. I am searching for an answer that would make either the STATES or FEDERAL GOVERNMENT bring these rip of artist accountable to those consumers they are doing business with. IF YOU have any thoughts on this matter please fell free to contact me. We could collectively fill a class action suite. I know of an attorney that could be interested.

• Je
    Jeff Jul 22, 2008

My experience with JK Harris has been a succession of worst-case scenarios.

My case specialist doesn't have the communication skills of a 6th grader.

I have zero confidence in JK Harris and I'm representing myself with the IRS now.

I have paid JK Harris more than $7000 and it has accomplished absolutely nothing.

• Br
    Bruce Cramer May 07, 2009

After paying JK Harris $3000, I received an IRS allowance of $700. I guess it is all I deserve! Not a real smart trade on my part. I was uninformed and somewhat misled (bullied) by JK Harris in that their sales person assured me that I would get everything back from the IRS (over $13k). Be sure you fully understand what you are paying for when you get involved with them. I do not want to blame them full, but it is easy to hate the IRS especially in some offices where they take great pride in screwing the public. I asked them for a partial discount on the $3k, but that was not possible they said!

[email protected] if you wish to comment or discuss.

• Je
    Jeriberri Oct 15, 2009

Everytime I hear the TV Ad for JK Harris I cringe. They didn't save us money, they cost us money and time and we almost had a lean put on our home while they took their time and didn't return calls. In the end, we paid the Tax bill with interest and they didn't earn a penny of their fee!

Jeri & Richard from Fredericksburg VA (this is where we lived at the time of this event)

• Mi
    Michael Saari Jan 10, 2010

I hired JK Harris for State of Michigan (OIC) offer in compliance agreement for the state to accept less than i owed them. Consultant Stube took my $1, 750.00 and said he would work on it right away. Three months later he calls me in the office to sign the (OIC) documents: Stube had me sign federal IRS (OIC) documents not the state. My problem was not with the Federal IRS, it was with the state. Later i found out the State of Michigan has no Offer in Compromise agreement. I asked JK Harris for a full refund since they are unable to help me, they say its a 60 day refund process that is not guaranteed. JK Harris is a master at Bait & Switch tactics. (Don't use there fraudulent services)

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices