Infinity Spas / Awful company

I unfortunately used to work for Infinity Spas for a couple of years. I am being completely honest when I state these facts. It is a very crooked company that takes advantage of consumers, especially consumers that do not follow up on their purchases. I know for a fact that a lot of the spas that are being sold especially to COSTCO are being advertised as new, but are refurbished spas. There is a warehouse about 15 miles from the Infinity Spas factory in Johnson City, TN that stores nothing but refurbished spas. Most of which are sold on EBAY as new spas. On a few instances, I know that some customers were shipped a different cheaper model spa, than what they originally purchased. When the consumer would call into the customer service department asking why the spa looked differently than what is advertised we were directed to tell the consumer that the designs were changed a bit and it was indeed still the same spa. Some consumers with major issues were put off and told that their warranties did not cover the problems, when they indeed did. On the Incredible Hot Tubs website a 5.5KW heater is advertised to be installed on the spas, when only a 4.0KW heater is used. But the customer is being charged for a 5.5KW heater. The owners of the company try to use scare tactics to intimidate other local dealers because they state the facts about how Infinity Spas misleads and lies to consumers. If you do a little bit of searching online you will see how Infinity Spas bought out Key's Backyard in Texas. These poor people that worked for Key's were not given much of a notice at all before the owner shut down the Texas factory and brought everything up to Tennessee, where the Main factory is. In some cases the company is holding paychecks from employees that used to work in Texas facility for some reason. There are legal actions being taken on that issue. Its also a fact that almost all of Infinity Spas online Dealers as well as Absolute Tan which also sells their spas is ran by the owners family members. Its a huge monopoly!!! Speaking of monopoly, if you go to Infinity Spas website:www.Infinityspas.com, you will notice a Link at the bottom of the page that says Poolandsparatings.com(An Independent Spa rating agency). This SO-CALLED independent spa rating agency is owned and controlled by Infinity Spas. It even states on the website that it is an independently owned agency! ITS A BOLD FACED LIE!!! If you click it you will notice that Infinity Spas has an all 10 rating across the board!!! This is such a laugh and should be illegal. It does also have other spas rated as 10's, just to try and throw off the viewer so that they will think it is legit. There is no Independent agency that rates spas, well except for the one that INFINITY SPAS owns. This is a very bad and crooked company and it disgusts me to have been employed by them and to also know that they are taking thousands of people for sometimes over $10, 000 for some spas. The product is not worth the headache of having to put up with such crooked individuals. There is a lot more dirt on this company that I would love to post but I am not because I do not have the physical proof in my hands to back it up, even though I know its very very true. Take the advice of a former employee of Infinity Spas, think before you buy.

Va

Comments

Ba
  6th of Oct, 2008

Thanx for the tip...we are currently spa shopping and will avoid Infinity as well as Master Spa (another crooked outfit).

St
  15th of Oct, 2008

INFIITY SPAS IMPOSSIBLE TO CONTACT VIA E-MAIL OR PHONE

I ORDERED SUPPLIES AND PAID BY CREDIT CARD---NEVER RECEIVED MERCHANDISE.

I ALSO REQUIRE REPLACEMENT FOR DAMAGED PARTS; SPA IS NONOPERATIONAL AND I CANOT GET A RESPONSE!!!

Na
  17th of Oct, 2008
Agree Disagree -1 Votes

I have purchased one of their spas, it leaked in 3mo majorly, spa came on by itself huge jets, no blown in inslulation. Reps give bogus emails, hang up on you, never get back to you. One of their own service reps said the tub was not repairable, but the company is still wanting to fix it.
This company needs a class action lawsuit.
Nan

Pa
  19th of Oct, 2008

Well, I think I have the worst horror story,
I purchased the Spa from ebay June 4, 2008,
6 weeks later, I recieved THE WRONG SPA, called the seller and was told they would send the RIGHT one out as soon as they make a new one for me, I kept checking with them and they said they were watching it on the line to make sure it was right, after ANOTHER 9 weeks of waiting, they send me a USUD spa that had Algae around the jets, Smelled horrible, had deep scratches all over it, was the wrong size AND color, and had two different Model and serial #s, .
I wait another 6 weeks for them to send ANOTHER wrong spa, and all this time of moving old spa out and new spas in I have paid movers to take them to the backyard deck becaus I used their movers once and they damaged my siding, brand new deck and the roof of my trash shed, and they dont think they should compensate me in any way for all of this, there is a whole lot more to this story, I am only skimming the surface here but you get the idea...PLEASE do not buy from this company, trust me, you will be sorry.

Ji
  20th of Oct, 2008

My experience with Infinity Spas has been an absolute nightmare. I purchased a spa through Sam’s Club, thinking it was a store brand shipped from one of their nationwide warehouses. Wrong! I had no idea this product was coming from a third-party vendor (Infinity Spas). The delivery crew charged $300 to deliver the spa around back and left deep gouges in the wood on my new deck and damaged a side panel. Also, the spa did not ship with the stairs and lift-assist as advertised. When I powered on the spa, it would not heat up, even after waiting several days. The jets would turn on and off at random until the pad displayed error codes (nearly every error code on the reference sheet at some point or another), after which nothing would work. Drained and refilled it a few times to rule out the possibility of “air-lock”, but got same result each time. Sam’s Club gave me a contact number for Infinity Spas, which no one would answer. Called the number on the delivery invoice instead, spoke with some lady that told me she was only a secretary and her department did not handle complaints. After getting transferred around, I was told to expect a call back within 72 hours. Never happened. This went on several times, each call ending in someone’s voice mailbox or another promise that someone would contact me. After a week, someone finally called back thinking I needed a new cover for the spa. A technician called back and said he did not service my brand(?) and was sorry he could not help. Finally tired of having a $4000 piece of junk on my deck, I called Sam’s Club to return the product. Infinity Spas picked it up over 2 weeks ago and I’m still awaiting the chargeback. Called Sam’s today and they haven’t heard a peep from Infinity Spas confirming my return. I will get my refund, even if it means filing an affidavit with my credit card company to dispute the charges. However, customer service should never be this difficult. I do not recommend buying from Infinity Spas, and Sam’s Club would be wise to drop this distributor from their product catalog.

2nd of Nov, 2008

Hi,

Thought I would drop you a line to introduce myself.

I am an independent warranty tech for nearly 50 manufacturers, including Infinity.

To make a long story short, as of 10-31-2008 I was notified that Infinity is going out of business, by the company that they hired to handle the process.

I can help you to some extent with advice and suggestions. Just drop me a note with your phone # and I will call asap.

Regards,

John

An
  13th of Nov, 2008

Has anyone purchased from Costco in Canada? Will they return the product? I'm having problems with mine also.

Tr
  17th of Nov, 2008

Worst purchase I ever made. I thought I was being smart to try to save some money, definitely got my monies worth of headaches and crappie product. In May 2007 hooked up my infinity spa, that I purchased through ebay from a company gotwholesailing will never do that again, it leaked right away. Started out ok with getting a tech out to look at it, needless to say I had 3 different techs look at it with no luck at fixing the leak. To make a long story short, some what, I was tossed back and forth from TN and TX not getting phone calls or e-mails returned. After being persistent for 18 months finally got them to send a replacement spa out, but now they have not paid their freight charges on some of their shipments my spa is not being released and sits in a warehouse until freight charges are paid. That means I may have to pay a shipping charge again. I went to check out the spa at the warehouse today to make sure it was the similar spa that they said they were sending out, it looked ok not the exact same one we originally had but at this point I was ok with what was sent, but that remains to be seen from what I have been reading on this page this one may have a lot of problems too. Now I have another problem I still have the old spa that was to be picked up when the replacement was delivered. Now I can't get a hold of anyone to this current date. Still going to work on it. I'm looking to get a class action lawsuit started if anyone is intrested contact me.

Ja
  19th of Nov, 2008

I also worked for Infinity Spas and they are not a crooked outfit. As a previous employee, I never had a boss who cared so much about his employees or his product. Yes, they had some issues but did the best they could to stay above water when their major dealers stopped paying for products. When people stopped paying them, they couldn't pay the employees any longer nor the service agents. Some of their major accounts came from the Texas buy out and I know for a fact that those companies never made one payment to Infinity Spas even though Infinity Spas continued shipping the products and provided warranty arrangements for the customers. Sounds like a lot of you have had a bad experience with your products but they will make it right and I know that Costco is taking returns of the spas and refunding the customers since service if no longer offered to them by Infinity. They also do not service Sams Club or Home Depot products There are a few employees he has kept on board to take care of the accounts that are up to date on their payments. You can contact khardin@infinityspas.com or ltarlton@infinityspas.com and they should be able to help you out. "Simon" above never existed. I worked there for over 4 years and we never had anyone named "Simon". I would imagine he would be humiliated by using his real name since this is all a bunch of lies about the company and that he would feel guilty cashing his severance pay check each week. When the owner had to lay off over 100 employees, he didn't send some one else in to do it. He explained what was going on himself to each employee and was barely able to finish the conversation because he couldn't stop crying and apologizing. There are only a handful of people left at Infinity Spas trying to take care of issues so if you have one, be patient and I'm sure they will do their best to get it taken care of. He is paying these people out of his pocket since the company has filed bankruptcy as of a few days ago. He sold all his personal assets trying to save the company and his employees jobs when everyone knows that wasn't at all necessary. That sure doesn't sound like someone who doesn't care about his customers and his products.

Se
  20th of Nov, 2008

I delivered spas for them and they owe me $2000 dollars so far. They have not tryed to contact me yet!

An
  24th of Nov, 2008

We purchased an Infinity spa from GotWholesaling.com via the internet. It has been a nightmare from the very beginning. When they first started to deliver the spa they said that it would be late because the truck that was delivering it was going to go to New York first. We live app. 3 hours from Johnson City, Tn where the warehouse is located and they was going to keep it on the truck for 3 days before delivering to us. We are not really sure that our spa didn't stay on that truck to New York, although we was told that it didn't. Once we got the spa our trouble began! The "paperwork" that was with the spa consisted of a 20 page book that did not even go with the spa we purchased. The spa has leaked from the beginning. Then the fuses started blowing out and Jason sent fuses to replace them with. We went through quite a few fuses. Then it started running continously. No matter what we set the spa on we could not get the motors to quit running. They run 24/7. After numerous phone calls to Jason at Got Wholesaling we finally got someone to come and replace the mother board. That was a joke also. The technician comes to the house and replaced the mother board but the wiring was to short for pump 3. So we started the long journey of trying to get the wiring sent to us that we needed. They sent us wiring on three (3) different occasions that would not work. Luckily my husband is an electrician and he was able to hook the wiring up when the fourth set of wiring was finally delivered. Then the 3rd pump went out on it. When we went to change the fuse it had been welded into the mother board and would not come out. Needless to say we have called Jason at GotWholesaling on a daily basis for 2 weeks now with no return phone call. We "accidently" got a hold of him 1 time and he said he would send a work order in, which he did and they 2 days later we get an email from Infinity spas saying that the work had been completed. I reopened the work order and we still have not heard a word from anyone. We know have a 5000 dollar hot tub that sits and runs 24/7 and that is not useable because of no pumps.

Ge
  27th of Nov, 2008

I was a service tech for Keys Backyard and after the buy out I worked for Infinity I never said anything bad about them I backed them up 100% I understood there
problems after the buy out and did nothing but support them. They were hoping to have everything resolved and running smoothly by the first of the year. I thought I was on the road to success. I was taking care of Southern California to the best of my ability it was hard at times trying to get customers the parts they needed for repair but for the most part I'd say 95% of the customers received them. With gas
prices up it was costing me around 85 bucks to fill my truck up for the day, running out of money I called Infinity to check payment status as they told me they were working on my check. I kept servicing the spas even though I was stressing out on how I was going to get to all my customers when I called back to tell them my credit cards were all maxed out, my truck was down and I had no money left and my family and I were about to go into starvation they told me in the calmest voice that they went out of business. When I asked about my money they told me to do whatever I had to do and a attorney would be a bad Idea. On Wed. they filed BK not 1 person from the company has called me to tell me. Ive heard nothing from anyone about payment, to say thank you for service, or to apologize. I guess this is there true colors Ive serviced over 400 tubs for them and they owe me $20, 000.00 plus 95 that I never invoiced why waste anymore of my time for thees shallow individuals. If you got a tub and have no problems with it enjoy it they are nice spas if you need help I can get it for you as long as your in my service area.

Sp
  29th of Nov, 2008

Most costco's have a 2 year return policy so they will take it back without questions.

While Infinity Spas is filing a chp 11 David Hatley (owner of infinity) has started a new business call Dreamwater Spas. Dreamwater Spas is living up to the Infinity name by not writing bad checks and never never never answer their phone.

For Sales Support:

Johnson City, TN 37604
877-897-4793

Te
  1st of Dec, 2008

I am a former Texas employee of Infinity Spas, and was part of the layoff in TX. To Jason above, you only know the basics of what is going on. Simon is 100% correct in all statements. We fought for our paychecks, had our insurance cancelled, but were still having it deducted from our paychecks, and did not receive a "personal" visit with any "tears" when we were told "thanks but no thanks". Backup information is available to many of the "internal issues" that Simon has stated, but that is neither here nor there. This company had a fighting chance in TX with many employees having 10 to 20 years from Keys Backyard to Infinity, so we did know the in's and out's of building a spa, but had to answer to TN, with our hands tied and lies being told. Just wanted others to know the whole story as well.

5th of Dec, 2008

To make a long story short, the above is all true concerning the lack of infinity integrity... how else do you explain them calling me at 9 am to ask me to take a new service call, and that same day at 2 pm I am told by the person they hired to liquidate their assets that they are no longer paying ANYONE, as the banks have frozen all of their accounts. If that were not enough, they owe me $1600 and are going to be answering the Prosecuting Attorney for the check they wrote to my company AFTER closing the account the check was for. That qualifies as fraud. I to am waiting for the tearful call where I am told when my payment will be coming. A simple call would have made a BIG difference in how I handled things. The fact is simple, if you are not going to pay someone for a service, you do not call them up and ask them to go do another job, and promise them payment... that is shows all the premeditated intent to defraud that a PA could hope for. If I had been the owner, I would not have let the sun set withouut calling the people I owed money to and explaining to them what was happening and what I would be doing to get them a payment... but then I have integrity.

That all said, I will still serve their customers, and them should they ask, because stuff happens, and it was never the owner who I spoke with, but I will expect a VALID check for services already rendered + service fees now, before I go anywhere for them again...

Sa
  8th of Dec, 2008

This guy David Hatley, the owner is one crooked fellow. His salesman Bob Zabko is just as bad!! They are both liers, and crooks. Hatley bounced checks, did not pay employees, and dealers, serviceman as well. I hope he rotts in Hell.

8th of Dec, 2008

OMG.. thank God for the Internet!

I almost bought a spa from their new company Dreamwaterspas.com and I am glad I did my research!

They are selling spas all over Craigslist.com as "Never Unwrapped Spas" by "Whirl-Pool Spa Manufacturers". When I called no answer, got a return call and as I began to ask questions, I was given very short answers, the person hesitated even when I asked for his name, "Brandon". I thought, this guys is either a really bad salesman or just shady.

Also their brand "Whirl-Pool Spa Manufacturers" http://whirlpoolspamanufacturers.com/ site states they are the "third largest spa maker in the worls". WTH? Try and do a google search on whirl-pool spas... very sneaky naming convention.

I knew their prices were too good to be true. I have been burned once before by someone with these types of business practices and I'll be dammed it I let it happen to me or anyone else for that matter.

I guess you get what you pay for.

Mr
  15th of Dec, 2008

Hello All,

I purchased an Infinity Spa from Costco in March for a Home I am building in Mexico. We had it delivered at our house here in Arizona. The next day we loaded it up and took it to Rocky Point Mexico. When oiur builder installed it it there was an electrical problem right away that caused the panel circuit breaker to trip. I called infinity and they said to replace all of the fuses on the circuit board. This did not resolve the issue. To make a long story short I now have a SPA in Mexico that I had to pay $800 in Taxes to get across the border and now I am going to have to pack it back up and bring it home. Costco has always been phenomenal about returns, hopefully this one goes smoothly. Wish me luck... Please Spread the news on these guys and there new company. I will be traveling to Tennesee in 3 weeks for work. I plan on visiting their office if I can find it. I am 6'9" 325 pounds and used to play Middle linebacker at the University of Arizona. If I find their office...

Regards.

Th
  30th of Dec, 2008

I purchased a spa from Infinity in March 2008. It has not worked since day 1! 3 technicians were over to my place and could not repair it. Infinity tech told me to be patient as they didnt know how to fix it. I was patient and then they stopped contacting me and taking my calls.

I filed a lawsuit in the state of Pennsylvania and Infinity did not respond so I received default judgement in the case. I filed the lawsuit hoping that Infinity would do the right thing but they still ignored the suit.

At this point, I have to transfer the judgment to Tennessee where Infinity is located and hire an attorney to seize the funds they owe me.

If anyone wants to help me with the lawsuit or needs advice, please contact me.

Sc
  15th of Jan, 2009

We purchased a 3 person Infinity Spa from Costco in June, 2008. Delivered without a cover to Oregon. A month later the cover arrived. Then in October the Ozonator leaked. Lucky we weren't electrocuted. The unit was undersized, with no back flow device on the line and the line NOT above the water level. Infinity did send a replacement unit (looked like it was out of another tub) that was HUGE compared to the peice of ... that failed. It works fine now. Two valves do stick up above the rim of the tub, reducing the effectiveness of the cover. Tried to drain the tub using the drain ###, but find no valve to open the drain.

After finding out Infinitiy is no more, I called Costco and they have a special team on the spa issues. The next day their designated repair service called me and set an appointment to fix the valve drain. I'm going to have them look at the pump and motor, along with the heater, to see if I got what Costco advertised. If not, I suspect Costco will honor the warranty and what they sold as advertised on the Costco website.

Learned anything? Yep, go to a local dealer and pay top dollar for a spa that has name recognition.