Infinity Dish / unauthorized charges to credit cartd

I was going to sign up for satellite television through Dish Network but I got cold feet last minute and cancelled the order. I was assured there would be no charges associated with this order until the install technician received my signature in person on the order. Nonetheless, an unauthorized charge of $49.95 showed up on my credit card statement two weeks later. I tried to contact Dish Network about the charges - and they told me I placed the order through a "third party retailer" whatever that is. At no time when I was placing the order, was I ever ever told I was not dealing directly with Dish Network. I then went through a Kafka-esque series of phone calls to people who re-routed me to other people, other offices, other companies. I even had one woman give me the number I called to reach her office! Infinity Dish also apparently operates under another name - "E-management" - and I was unable to speak to one single representative from the company. Dish Network tried to pass off the responsibility to this elusive 3rd party retailer claiming it wasn't their fault. The telephone number for Infinity Dish on the credit card statement is not in service. When I tried to obtain a phone number for the company on the web, my online search revealed dozens of complaints for this company. I have since had to stop payment and cancel the card since they obviously have my card on file. This whole experience is a complete waste of time and I simply don't understand how or why so many companies today are operating under fraudulent pretenses instead of simply offering the services they claim to provide. I hold both Dish Network and Infinity Dish to blame as both companies are obviously in cahoots with this fraudulent scheme and know most people don't have the time or wherewithal to follow up as I am doing now. I am totally disgusted and still out $49.95.

Jb

Comments

• Sh
      7th of Mar, 2010

Ok if you did recive a flyer threw the mail from dish net work on the bottom of the flyer (on the back) it says a one-time non refundable processing fee of 49.95 will be charged to your credit card as infinity dish processing fee. if you don't read it than you can't really complain PLUS i signed up for dish and they tell you about it before setting up your account so you are well aware of the fee before it was being charged

• Ra
      1st of Jun, 2010

I am on the same problem with you. I too was charged a 49.95 fee onto my card. I was told that they would charge me for a "process fee" i cancelled right after they set up my account. But was told that the process fee would include "service installation" They have not provided me with that service. Therefor i am entitled to receive my money back. File a complaint with your credit card company.

• Un
      10th of Jun, 2010

They set me up under auto pay, when I DID NOT authorize them to do, now im overdrawn and they won't call me back!

• Pa
      15th of Feb, 2011

Going thru the same thing, I agreed to a one-time fee so my brother could get Dish Network, and ever since they have been billing me and I have tried to call them and get it straightened out. The young lady last month said she would remove my CC number and I wouldn't be charged again, but I was charged again and even more money this time. I have called my CC and filed a dispute for fraudulent charges.

I hope this gets worked out soon, it wastes alot of time and money.

• Me
      25th of Apr, 2012

I called 866-659-3474 and I have the same problem. However, I called that number and will receive a return of $39.95 within 5-7 business days. The charge a $10 admin fee for the credit. At least I got most of it back.

• Al
      13th of Jan, 2013

I did the same thing. I called dish but I didn't really know I was calling dish infinity. They didn't introduced their self as dish infinity so when you are on the phone already you don't really have a chance to think too much especially if you speak with good trained rep. So I ordered dish network. The very next day I saw there were 2 charges on my credit card. The one from the dish for one month in advance and the other one from dish infinity for the processing fee. If I called the dish directly I would have not be charged any processing fees!!! I went ahead and canceled the whole thing. So I called infinity dish to tell them I'm canceling. They redirected me to the dish network so I could canceled. They supposed to refund the amount for the monthly fee they charged. Then I had to call the infinity again to tell them I cancelled and I need my refund for the processing fee. Well they said they will refund me but they have to keep $10 anyway. Now I will give a wait and next month will call dish directly and buy their service without any processing fees. So stupid. I really want the dish but not this way.

• Ca
      30th of May, 2014

I totally agree the whole idea of stating that they use "Altitude Marketing" a third party retailer is wrong because it isn't true! When you call DISH they give you a supposed number to call and try and get a refund for the "alleged" processing fee from the "alleged" third party is a fraud. The give away on their scam is that every number you call for the third party company is really just a DISH number, so you reach a DISH representative, not the supposed Altitude Marketing company. The representative answers your call as a DISH representative then changes their name to Altitude Marketing when you explain that you are trying to contact Altitude Markeiting! When I alleged Altitude Marketing rep made me listen to the entire conversation with the DISH rep who placed my order for service to verify that I was not told about the $49.99 "processing fee". The recording proved I had not been told of the fee and she said I would be given a full refund.

• Ri
      13th of Jul, 2014

In the start of the call they do tell us that it's a one time processing fee of $49.95 for generating the work order and at the end of the call not only that the sales agent told me about the $49, 95 the automatic disclosure and the verbal disclosure was repeated 3 times so it's imposable they we did not know if they told us minimum 3 times i tell u because i to was deducted the $49.95 but i agree with the charge because i heard the sales agent

• In
      12th of Oct, 2014

Dish Network dba Infinity Dish Retained $49.95 they obtained directly from my bank account under the scam RUSE TITLE of "IT Please" on 07/30/2014.
    I canceled my order with Dish within a few days before any service, of any kind, was delivered and/or obtained. They credited my bank account with $52.54 on 08/07/2014 and kept $49.95 listed on my bank statement as "IT Please 877-8131264 FLL debit".
    They have ignored attempts to return my $49.95 for the non obtained fraudulent service charge..
    I have filed a criminal complaint with the FBI Criminal Internet Crime Division as recommended during an interview with one of their special agents.on the FBI Internet address: www.IC3.gov.

• Sh
      29th of Jun, 2015

DISH NETWORK SCAM-protect your cards, DISH is running multiple scams. Our 49.99 charge was applied to my credit card after we signed up for DISH using a Frontier Vision Bundle offer. At no time during the call did the DISH person identify himself as an INFINITY DISH employee or a third party vendor. The charge was required for "equipment deposit" and was billed to me by INFINITY. A few hours later DISH network charged us a service fee. I did not agree to do business with Infinity, nor did I authorize Infinity to charge my card, nor have I ever received any equipment from INFINITY. DISH denies having billed my card for the 49.99 and INFINITY cannot be reached because all calls to INFINITY go directly to DISH. A couple of weeks later a charge appeared on my card from a company called TECH SUPPORT. After weeks of investigation I learned that DISH works with these third party vendors and allows them to offer additional services at additional fees, they are not optional services and the terms are not explained in detail. According to the "fraud department" at DISH, the recording you listen to agreeing to DISH service automatically assigns billing privileges to any of the vendors they have contracts with. Interestingly, DISH also denied affiliation with Frontier Vision, who also bills me for DISH services. There was no fine print and no 3rd party disclosures, a scam through and through.

• We
      3rd of Sep, 2015

Horrible, horrible, horrible organization. People are rude, disrespecturl and completely unable to address issues. do yourself a favor and NEVER, NEVER use this company. They lie, they steal and they will do nothing to help you. Dish Inc. will also do nothing and simply say that Infinity Dish is a separate company and they have no control or ability to intervene on a customer's behalf. I filed a formal complain with Dish corporate but they refuse to follow up and will do absolutely nothing to help a customer. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. This is an utter scam!