Indymac Bank / mortgage
We fell one month behind in our mortgage w/indymac. When my husband called to make payment arrangements, the nice young man on the phone told him that there was really nothing that they could do til we were 3 months behind. When a person is 3 months behind, then there are a bunch of things they can do, so just wait, don't pay and call back then. Little did we know that the bunch of things they could do would be - put your name in the paper under list of foreclosures. Then give you the option to walk away with no place to live and no credit or pay an extra $500 a month for the next year to catch up - oh and by the way, it would be best if you could wire the money (only $70 for that transaction) if you can't do that, make sure that it is certified funds because we won't take your personal check.
Talk about bad business practices, I sure want to know if their professionals did this to anybody else out there.
More Indymac Bank Complaints & Reviews
- Indymac Bank - Short sale 
- Indymac Bank - Scam and lies 
- Indymac Bank - modification of loan 
- Indymac Bank - CUSTOMER SERVICE 
- Indymac Bank - This is clearly predatory lending 
- Indymac Bank - Mortgage deception
- Indymac Bank - They took my home! 
- Indymac Bank - Loan Modification 
- Indymac Bank - Endless phone calls 
- Indymac Bank - Lost my payment $106,000.