Indiatimes.com / Money not refunded

1 India Review updated:

I placed an order for the book "The Last Mughal" at indiatimes.com on 10th October 2017 and paid the full amount Rs. 521.25 through HDFC Netbanking. The order no. was [protected]. The order was cancelled because the book was out of stock, and on 18th October the displayed Order Status changed to "Refunded." I have not yet received any refund. I can prove it because the amount should have been deposited in my HDFC Bank Account, but it has not yet been deposited. I emailed Indiatimes Customer Service 3 times regarding this, but they did not reply. I also called up the company many times and my complaint number is 7860. Everytime I call up, the customer service representative assures me that my complaint will be resolved, but I am yet to get the money back. It's really surprising that a brand like Indiatimes is involved in embezzlement of customers' money. I would advise everyone not to buy anything from Indiatimes.

Comments

• Sy
      14th of Nov, 2006
    India

I got an sms on mobile from Indiatimes service 8888; title: Filmi Dhamaka! play and win contest, dated 13th of oct2006. I played well as i was instructed on my cell, but at 10th of my answer (that was right too) i got an sms stating that i entered a wrong answer and i lost my all points and i was out of the game. I am least bothered with this. I just wanted to know that is it a fun making/fool making service or what?

• Ru
      15th of Dec, 2006

They refunded my money today after I threatened that I will cost them a lot of business through negative publicity. I got the money back finally, but the experience was certainly not pleasant.

• Sh
      27th of Dec, 2006
    India

Indiatimes has great deals, but unusually pathetic Customer Service. The agents who take your calls are uninformed, cannot speak properly and have very very poor comprehension levels. There is no answer to the online feedback, except for an auto-response mail.

Incident 1 : 2 Flight tickets are booked. The confirmation mails say that the Order is shipped, which could mean that the tickets have been sent by courier to the shipping address of the customer. A mail to that effect, brings no response. A call made to a disinterested agent finally reveals that it is an e-ticket. On asking, what would have to be presented at the Airline ticket counter, the agent says Nothing. The customer checks if the digital receipt needs to be carried, the answer is yes. On further asking if any ID proof needs to be shown, the agent is blank and after keeping the customer on hold for 10 mins, reverts with 'take Pan Card or Driving License'. The Customer now checked if the agent should not have told that in the first place, the agent's reply 'I am 2 days new, I don't know anything'!!!!!!!

Incident 2: A Sony Digital Camera is booked. The vendor calls the next day and informs the customer that the same would be shipped in 5 days. The customer later realizes that he needs it in 4 days and tries calling the vendor back, but there's no response. On calling the Indiatimes Toll Free line, a yet-again disinterested agent says that it takes 15 working days, which are the terms. The customer knows there are no such terms mentioned on the site plus the vendor said 5 days. On telling the agent this, he rudely replies that the terms are 15 days and the customer needs to wait, to which the customer replies that it would be a special request. Agent's response 'Put your request in the Online feedback form'. 2 online requests, no reply. 6 requests later, the reply on mail 'You will receive the camera in 12 working days'!!!!!

Such Pathetic and Disgusting Customer Service from a company that's part of the Times Group, is extremely shocking and definitely unexpected.

22nd of Jan, 2007

you are absolutely right that indiatimes.com are playing with the customer and I will make sure that i am going to file a criminal complaint with the police for cheating & fraud with the public at large.

I am going to publish the poster and distribute on the churche gate station.

Shame for the indiatimes.com

Sanjay khemka

• Mi
      27th of Jan, 2007

This is in reference to a couple of orders that i made with Indiatimes in October 2017. Order No's are 110380393,110362585. I ordered these two products in October and haven't received them since. I called up Indiatimes in November and informed them that i needed them to be cancelled as i no longer wish for it to be sent as is has been very frustrating waiting for my product for so long. I have since been waiting for my refund from Indiatimes and after constant chasing and a number of phone calls to Indiatimes, I have still not received any refund nor reply from Indiatimes and it has been very disappointing service that has been provided, I think that something needs to be done in order to protect ppl who buy goods online.

22nd of Feb, 2007

I got an sms on mobile from ur service 8888; title: Filmi Dhamaka! play and win contest, dated 13th of oct2006. I played well as i was instructed on my cell, but at 10th of my answer (that was right too) i got an sms stating that i entered a wrong answer and i lost my all points and i was out of the game. This is a paid service but i am least bothered with this.

I just wanted to know that is it a fun making fool service or what?

31st of Mar, 2007
    Indiatimes.com - Pathetic customer service by Indiatimes

The site of INDIATIMES.COM is very bad site wastage of time & i did not seen any sit like this bcz if u want to login so the page will not open in a time, try again again again & then the page open & then u want 2 see ur mail then same will happened do any thing like composing mail, viewing mail, add address or any thing else it will happen with u , work of one minute complete in half an hour.

• Sg
      26th of May, 2007

I have booked my order on 28 apr 07,demand no del 2804307. Hereafter i have been regularly contacting the people at call centre and requesting them for collection of cheque for the my order. To my horror even after repeated reminders and requests no one came till 150507. But every person in the call centre always asks "anything else which i can do for you" (apart from this job).

Though i have lodged a no of complaints still there is no action taken.

I am proceeding on a vacation and i am sure someone will be certainly come to deliver the items during this period.

7th of Sep, 2007
    Indiatimes.com - Not receiving any new emails!
    India

This is the most pathetic issue a person would have ever come across. Opening an account in Indiatimes.com and paying a heavy price for it.

Whats the use of a useless email service provider when a user doesn't receive emails. I indeed use many email addresses and wanted a professional email address (as the name i desired was already taken over in all email service providers).

Hence opened an account in indiatimes and passed the same to all the companies and also on my resume (i am currently on hunt for a job) and to my shock i haven't received a single email except for the welcome message (default mail).

I got a doubt and sent 10 test mails from my other email addresses and to my shock only one made it... this is seriously not excusable. Please close of the email service providers immediately.

I don't know how many offers did come because my friends are getting the openings mails every day and its been a week and not a single mail. I would never recommend indiatimes to any one and i request the concerned department takes some action for misleading the customers and ask them to cut the pathetic as they show in TV... their email service is more pathetic than their ads.

Disappointed customer...

15th of Jul, 2008

INDIATIMES LOGING PAGE IS NOT OPEN OFTENLY. THE SITE OF INDIATIMES IS TOO MUCH BAD AND SLOW. IT HAS BEEN MAJOR MISTAKE TO REGISTER A MAIL ID IN INDIATIMES.COM. IF SAME IS NOT BEING REPAIR SO MANY PEOPLE ALONGWITH ME HAVE TO LEFT IT.

• Bi
      25th of Feb, 2009

sir,
    i am using indiatimes id regularly for last six years but from 25th feb, 2017 when i come to open my id i get the error which is:
    HTTP ERROR: 400
    authentication failed for bipro_dip
    RequestURI=/mail/preauth/

Powered by Jetty://
    please do something quickly to solve my problem as all interviews calls are coming in this id and i could not get those. my indiatimes id is :- [protected]@indiatimes.com
    you can also send your suggestion in my other id [protected]@indiatimes.com.
    thanking you,
    yours faithfully,
    biprodip mukherjee

• Jh
      4th of Mar, 2009

am unable to open my email for last 6 days. please look in to the matter
    it shows error as below.
    HTTP ERROR: 400
    authentication failed for jhepee24
    RequestURI=/mail/preauth

• Su
      13th of Mar, 2009

I am using indiatimes id since 6 years. i am not able to open my email id. every time i open i am getting the answer it is unter maintenance. i do not know when they restore it. it is rediculous.
    my id is [protected]@indiatimes.com. pple please contact me my other mail id: [protected]@gmail.com

Surekha puyed

• Sh
      5th of Apr, 2011

Dear Sir,
    My mail ID is [protected]@indiatimes.com, last one and half week, I am not receive any mail. otherside, send or receive mail is not working. This make big difficulty for my business. kindly help me to solve this problem.
    wait for your important reply.
    regards,
    Yogesh Sharma
    [protected]@indiatimes.com

• Ak
      8th of Jun, 2012

sir
    my mail id. is [protected]@indiatimes.com, last 2 months. i am not receiving mails as well as unable to send the mails. i am in acute trouble because i like to use this id and this id had been given for business reference.
    kindly sort out this problem and make me able to use it.
    thanking you...