In The Company of Dogs / Privacy violation

I have just received a bogus "check" from "In the Company of Dogs" and am absolutely horrified by the gross invasion of privacy that this new scheme entails. If I "cash" the "check", -- which looks like a normal refund check in every way-- I will be automatically enrolled in a service which is not well described, from another company, AutoVantage Enhanced. This service would deduct $15.99 from the credit card on file at the store every month until they receive a written request to cancel! I have ordered from the store in the past, and have for my convenience used a credit card. The idea that they would deceive their customers with this bizarre ploy is extremely offensive to me. I only shop with and wish to shop with reputable companies who value my privacy. How dare they even consider passing along my information to a third party?

I've asked to be removed from "In the Company of Dogs'" mailing lists and their computer system, but I wanted to let other people now about this new invasive scam.

Comments

• Dg
      7th of Jun, 2013
    Inthecompanyofdogs.com - misrepresentation
    inthecompanyofdogs.com

If you want to spend a significant amount of money and NOT receive what you've paid for, and then be verbally abused when you call, by all means use this company. The owner, John Fleischmann, apparently sits in his impregnable Ivory Tower and refuses to speak to his customers. After an hour on the phone with 3 poorly educated and rude individuals, the last of which hung up on me 5 times, I have decided to make it my mission to share my experiences with this company. As well, they feel superior enough to make executive decisions with regard to your order, which for me is untenable. I would rather do without than ever give this company one cent of my money. I hope you do the same.

• Ar
      16th of Apr, 2016

I agree 100%. The worst customer service of any company I've ever had the misfortune to talk with