In The Company of Dogs / Privacy violation
I have just received a bogus "check" from "In the Company of Dogs" and am absolutely horrified by the gross invasion of privacy that this new scheme entails. If I "cash" the "check", -- which looks like a normal refund check in every way-- I will be automatically enrolled in a service which is not well described, from another company, AutoVantage Enhanced. This service would deduct $15.99 from the credit card on file at the store every month until they receive a written request to cancel! I have ordered from the store in the past, and have for my convenience used a credit card. The idea that they would deceive their customers with this bizarre ploy is extremely offensive to me. I only shop with and wish to shop with reputable companies who value my privacy. How dare they even consider passing along my information to a third party?
I've asked to be removed from "In the Company of Dogs'" mailing lists and their computer system, but I wanted to let other people now about this new invasive scam.
More In The Company of Dogs Complaints & Reviews
- In the Company of Dogs (Potpourri Group Inc.) - Unhappy over the product and disappointed that a dog-focused company offered such doggy dross
- In The Company of Dogs - Refund Rip Off
- In The Company of Dogs - damaged sweatshirt 
- In The Company of Dogs - Inept staff and bogus return promise
- In The Company of Dogs - Returning a dog bed
- In The Company of Dogs - unauthorized credit card charges.
- In The Company of Dogs - Late shipping / not being reimbursed for return shipping
- In The Company of Dogs - check your pricing - customer service worst ever
- In The Company of Dogs - return of previously used item
- Inthecompanyofdogs.com - Major scam