Impark / impark edmonton, vancouver customer service

Vancouver, BC, Canada

I received a letter in the last week of March advising me that, as of May 1st, the rate in my lot (lot 333) would be increasing from $150/mo to $175/mo. I called on April 5th to cancel my parking pass without a problem. Today, May 1st, I had a withdrawal from my account for $26.25. When I called to inquire about the $$ taken from my account, I was told it was "late payment" for the increase that occurred in April. I advised that, no, the increase was to occur in May, which is why I cancelled in April before the 7th of the month. I asked to speak to a supervisor who in turn had to leave me a voice mail telling me the same thing. It is clear to me that an error occurred somewhere. Firstly, I don't believe for a second that Impark would wait until May 1st to recover money that I supposedly owed them: if the increase occurred in April, it would have come out with my regular April 1st payment or very soon after. Secondly, if the increase were to occur as of April 1st, then I should have had the letter by Feb 28th because - AS YOUR LETTER STATED - you are required to give ONE MONTH'S WRITTEN NOTICE. In that case, because I rec'd the letter in the last wk of March, you broke your own policy. In short, please recognize your error and refund the money to my account. ANYONE ELSE FROM LOT 333 in Edmonton as angry as I am today?? I can't be the only one this happened to! If I am, then that's even sketchier.

Ch