Icon Payment Solutions / FRAUDULANT CONTRACTS

1 AZ, United States Review updated:

Icon Payment Solutions contacted me over the phone to congratulate me on qualifying for "wholesale pricing" on my credit card processing. Intrigued by the offer I set up an appointment with Jenny Haskett, sales rep. At our first meeting she offered on a credit card machine, 1.8% processing fee and NO per item charge. WOW! This is great - I am going to SAVE over $200/month on fees.
At this point I didnt need any equipment as I am in business for 12yr and already had all the equipment I need to process credit cards. I told her I was not going to sign any papers without my husband looking at it. She said I have to drive alot to come back just to get signatures so why dont we do the paper work and I will give you some time and when you call me I will turn in the paperwork. She didnt leave me with a copy of my papers but promised she would email me the contract. Guess what she never emailed me my contract nothing and the next thing I know is I have recieved equipment that I never asked for and a transaction into my checking account. I didnt authorize any of it.

Unfortunately I researched ICON Payment Solutions AFTER I signed the contract and found some disturbing posts on the internet. ICON called several times to "activate" my machine. I refused to do so until I received a copy of my contract. The copy never came and I NEVER even plugged in the machine.
I finally after calling Icon constantly two days in a row I got someone to email me a cancellation letter which they did and I signed and faxed back but I was told that I was still obligated to the lease with FIRST DATA. I am not aware of me signing any lease for equipment as I did not need any. I called First Data and they gave me the run around as well. Saying I cant cancell the lease as they have already paid Icon for the equipment. Now I do not have a merchant number or a lease number with them and they just wont do anything about it.
I told them I was cancelling the contract and they said the contract was non-cancellable.
This contract was attained through fraudulant means and I contend that the contract was never valid. I will be filing with the attorney generals of California and Arizona to alert the public of this ongoing SCAM. Please beware of anyone calling from ICON Payment Finance Group . I am POSITIVE that if the original signed contract ever emerged I could prove that it was ALTERED.
I would really appreciate it if you would look into the amount of complaints on the internet against this company and do something about it.

Comments

• Ha
      12th of Apr, 2010

Icon promised us a bundle rate of 1.67 percent in compare to the 2.25 we were receiving. We have just received the first month statementy and we are being charged 4.25 percent discount. This is for alsmot 100k monthly credit card processing. Not to mention they sold us on leasing a credit card processing machine. Icon and their employees are ### lying pieces of you know what. Never sign anything with them. You will be sorry. Avoid Icon Credit Card processing with all means. Have an attorney go over thier contract before signing it.

• Sc
      13th of Apr, 2010

Hello everyone who has been scammed by icon and first data,

There is a gentleman who is suing them and would like to know if you all would like to join him. I was contacted by him and the more people we have the stronger the case will be. His name is jason and his contact number is 858-578-8784. Anyone who would like to do something to get these crooks punished please join and call Jason.