ICON Fitnessbad service and parts

I could relate my experience about the quality of their products and how they say that if I return obviously defective merchandise (an elliptical track wheel that was not cut round) they will charge me shipping both ways plus a 15% restocking fee. A restocking fee for defective equipment that they should have seen before sending - how hard is it to see a wheel has a flat side from bad manufacturing?

More importantly - look at their better business bureau rating! Look at the number of complaints... It's staggering. http://www.bbb.org/utah/business-reviews/exercise-equipment-dealers/icon-health-and-fitness-in-logan-ut-2000054

Comments

• Uw
      Sep 06, 2012

Two month ago I ordered a couple of replacement parts for my NordicTrack 7000R. I was told it will take about two weeks to get the parts from the US.

After four weeks, I was told:

"The parts are on order still waiting to receive shipment from the U.S, I believe we are getting a large shipment in 2 weeks"

I e-mailed again two weeks later and received the reply:

"I have just chased up with my warehouse manager, it seems there was a delay in the U.S & parts are leaving there shortly we are getting by air freight so they should be in Australia & clear customers within 14 days, once again sorry for the delay I will be in contact as soon as we have them to send to you."

After another two weeks of waiting I complaint and I received this reply:

"I am sorry, I can only pass on what I get adviced, the U.S have been delaying us."

Since then, I have been waiting for another four weeks without any news about my order. As a matter of fact, Icon's Sydney office is not responding any more.

This company is a joke. They don't have any customer service. I know for sure that I will never again buy a product from them.

By the way, about two years ago it took them about two month to supply two little bolts (to tighten the belt). There seems to be a habit of non-performance.