ibotta / Worst customer service

Denver, CO, United States Review updated:

Please, stay away. It's not worth any tiny bit of your attention.
Their new app is baggy as hell and now it's hard to buy selected items because their system thinks you just try to duplicate them.
Their customer service acted like a%%h%%%s. Instead of resolving the issue, they simply blocked me on the website and deleted my account. And you thought you got rid of me so easily?
Tried to contact them, but it was absolutely useless. Maybe you should confess you've got troubles instead of deleting your customers. If you keep doing it, you' soon be out of users. Because all of them will be blocked. Lol.

Ja
Sep 25, 2017

Comments

• Gi
      Oct 26, 2017

I've been using iBotta for several months now and thought I'd cash out some of my earnings yesterday. Since I've been a member, I've earned nearly $500. I've never had any issues entering rebates, scanning receipts, etc. When I tried to Venmo myself the cash, I received a message that my account was locked out and I should contact support. I have an iPhone and when I clicked the button, it verified my identity through the thumbprint reader, so I just assumed I needed to redo it or enter the password manually, but it didn't work. I sent a message to support since I wasn't still able to earn rebates, surf the app, but just not redeem. I received a canned response that my account had been deactivated for violating their policies. I had no idea what they were talking about as the e-mail was a form letter and very vague, stating that it could be from multiple accounts on the same device, reuse of receipts, etc., but since I didn't think any of those applied to me, I responded and asked for an example of when I violated the policy. I received a response that an item was returned and I received credit and that I submitted the same receipt for rebates that already received credit. I did return two pair of jeans to Kohls that I received credit for (which I told them and there was no way of undoing a rebate once it was submitted), but I NEVER NEVER NEVER reused any receipts for multiple rebates. I responded and let them know I had never done that and asked for a specific example. I received the following response: "At this time, we are choosing to end further communication about this issue." Sooooo...they kept my $498 bucks I earned honestly and closed my account permanently so I can't view anything or do anything about it. As soon as it happened, I googled "Ibotta complaints" and this seems to be a common practice by this company. There has to be something we can do. They're basically using us to buy items, gain money from advertising, and then take the money we've earned by helping them.

• Lo
      May 21, 2018

I had the same thing just happen to me, only they said I was using multiple people to shop for me, which I do Not! same generic response, and no Legitimate reason for deactivating my account with my $120! Contacting my lawyer because obviously they are really screwing people over.

Aug 07, 2018

The exact thing happened to me also. Deactivated my account for the same BS. I unsubscribed from there emails and told them I will be leaving bad reviews on every site that I could find.