Hyundai Canada / warranty coverage
So today it was time to take my 2010 Tucson in for it's first service/Oil change (6000km), and of course I had a list of things I wanted corrected or looked at.
One of the issues I wanted fixed was the left hand License plate light lens. I don't know if you noticed but the lens is only held in with a plastic clip and when I pushed on the clip with my thumb it broke off (left side only, the right side was fine). So I stuck a piece of tape on it to hold it in and told the dealer I wanted it fixed. So when I go to get my car the dealer says the light is not under warranty as it is broken...
I respond with: "yes your right it broke when I tried to remove it" and they said well since it broken we can't replace it, but if it was defective we could have. So when I say the reason it broke was OBVIOUSLY due to it being defective they say no sorry if it was a defect it would have leaked and then we could have replaced it.
So being more then a little annoyed I told them I wanted to talk to Hyundai Canada and I was given the number. So guess what? They told me the same thing.
Is it just me or this a little stupid? It is not under warranty because it broke, but didn't it break because it was defective?
So in the end I had to buy the lens myself. Really not a good first impression with Hyundai, since this is the first Hyundai that I have owned.
Think Twice before you purchase a Hyundai for it's warrenty, if the part is "broken" it is not covered.
More Hyundai Canada Complaints & Reviews
- Hyundai - hyundai customer services, in south africa 
- Hyundai Motor Finance Company - unsolicited phone calls 
- Hyundai Television - manufacturing defect 
- Hyundai Santro Xing - crankshaft of my santro xing 2004 model is defective! 
- Hyundai Motor Copany / Neal And Massy Trinidad And Tobago - defective vehicle
- Hyundai Wonderboom - damage caused by workshop and other damage not repaired 
- Hyundai Motor America - service at kearny mesa
- Deep Hyundai - poor performance 
- Hyundai - stupid mechanics
- Hyundai Motor America - ruining credit for a 2011 trade in for 2013 sante fe