Hubb NYC / Unethical Living Conditions

1 130 E 59th St #14A, New York, NY 10022New York, NY, United States Review updated:

After living in New York for 6 years, I encountered the worst management company. The heat in the apartment was not working. The City Housing authority was notified and gave management a citation. I recently moved out and was deducted $500 security with no explanation. Impossible to contact, and disregard their residents.

Ca
Jan 12, 2016

Comments

• Da
      19th of Aug, 2016

I cannot imagine HUBB doing this, without being warrented. Perhaps you caused damaged which would lessen your security deposit. This company has been the best we have dealt with in my decade of living in NYC. Their management is PHENOMENAL. My husband is a surgeon and we have difficult hours...they always are accomodating. Our requests are always handled and they treat each tenant we know with respect. We are in 336 E 81st.

@Danielle Hayes Whitney This person is a internet troll

• 99
      23rd of Nov, 2016

Absolutely agreed. They purchased my building early this year and immediately started pricing tenants out of the building with $1000+ rent increases. Worse yet, the building has been under constant construction since they took over, and the noise is borderline unbearable. They regularly run into weekends without permits and avoid providing any kind of updates to residents. They've offered "breaking the lease" in leui of a rent concession. As if that's a favor.

The management team is combatitive, unsympathetic, and uninterested in making things better for the people who currently live here.

@99suffolk Totally agree. 100 %

• Mi
      14th of Sep, 2017

I had been asked by Hubb NYC and Cooper and Cooper to open my apartment for Open House a few times a week on weekdays from 5.30-7pm and a few times of individual appointments. I don't see how that is reasonable given they've exactly the same apartment below me that is empty that they can use for Open House. They are using my AC and lighting to run their business when I am at home having dinner? They're now threatening to keep my deposit. I would say they are unreasonable and I am glad I'm moving out.

13th of Jul, 2018

@Ming123 You are being stupid. Welcome to NYC, now leave.

Bunch of scumbags. Period

13th of Jul, 2018

They shut off the water when it suits them. And The heat in the winter. Real slumlords