HSBC / bad service

1 14511 Myford RoadTustin, CA, United States Review updated:

I am amazed at the process of HSBC. We have been hit by a hurricane that damaged our house quite badly. We have been dealing with stinking carpets and wet walls from past 45 days. Our insurance company processed the claims and sent us a check that requires our mortgage company to cosign the check. HSBC says that they will monitor the funds and deposited the funds in their account. They want us to to spend our own money and repair the house and then they will release the funds after reviewing the reciepts and they complain that they are overwhelmed with the hurricane claims. Here we are overwhelmed trying to find a contractor to replace the roof and people to repair the house and living in a stinking environment, waiting for the funds to be released so that we can repair our house and HSBC takes the money and is overwhelmed with the money. Beware of such banks that are predators and treat the customers as slaves. They are saying that they will release only 3rd and will release the funds in bits and pieces in their own time. We got our roof replaced and also got it inspected to make sure that the job was done well. HSBC says that they will not accept the inspection report and will send their own inspector and then will release our funds in bits and pieces. They slam late charges on our mortgage if we are even a day late but they can keep our money until they are comfortable to release it. It is very frustrating to deal with the hurricane damages and deal with such insensitive predator companies who have the audicity to say that they will hold money against defualt mortgage payments if we do not restore the repairs. Our house is more important for us and we want to see it restored much faster than them making sure. We are terribly frustrated with this lender. Our insurance company also claims that they never heard any lender being so ridiculous. I don't know how long we have to wait to get our money back.

Va

Comments

An
  1st of Jun, 2010

Went to a certain bank for the third time for the same problem. What is the point in apologizing and grovelling about their utter incompetence when they do not take any actions ot fix it (reporting to supervisor, better training, fixing bugs in computer systems, contacting customer service representatives).

I needed a new card since January 2010 and it is now June and I still have not received it. I called the number on the back of the card, I went in person 3 times and spoke to my bank manager. Consistently, I have asked for it to be mailed to my apartment in Montreal. The bank I went to is located at McGill College in Montreal and it has been giving me a big headache. I went in to see the tellers in person to get everything resolved and so far, I had the pleasure of taking unpaid time off work and speaking to 3 representatives who kept promising to fix the problem. It is June and I am still waiting for my card and I have taken my last day I can afford from my personal time to address this company's incompetent system/staff and it is not a good use of my time and energy. I strongly advise they fix this problem before further damaging their reputation. I already took the time to come in 3 times and spoke to 3 people - not including the time I spent on hold over the telephone.

Today, I went in and was furious. I think I almost made that trainee teller cry.

Seriously, dealing with people's incompetence is a huge pet peeve of mine. In marketing research, they say that for every good service you receive, the customer is likely to promote it 4 people and for every bad service, the word of mouth would spread to about 10. I hope at least these bad companies get a slap to the wrist and learn their lesson. If a child can learn a simple lesson about making others feel bad, surely employees with fancy degrees can too.

St
  13th of Dec, 2010

Really bad. I can not understanding what the customer support. They are rude.