Household Bank / Scam and theft!

1 1301 East Tower RdSchaumburg, IL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-7717339

I would like to start by saying this company refuses to help me, or anyone I know that utilizes their services. NEVER USE THEM, businesses that I know use them for house accounts are BEST BUY, Household Bank, Helzberg Diamonds, Orchard Bank, and GM Rewards.They outsource customer service calls to the middle east and asian islands, yet are still only open for a short business day. Contacting them is useless. The staff is rude and seem almost happy to hear how bad this company can make your life. HSBC corporate is pleased with their activity, and needs to be sued to stop.

Upon opening my first card with them I noticed they had poor call centers. Within a month I was offered a better card from the same company, so wanting to save money with a better interest rate, I opened the new card and canceled the first. It had a better interest rate and no annual fee. Seemed great.

This is the second year in a row I have been charged a $60 annual fee. This year it put me over my credit limit by $15. They charged me a fee for that too. I emailed them, to complain. Never received contact back. I used their customer service line to dispute and was told they would call me back. They never called. They refuse to help me.

Further, I use a credit report service. I have been informed that they have posted negative information, but will not allow me to dispute it. HSBC IS A FOREIGN OWNED RIPOFF CREDITOR. AVOID THEM. USE ANY AVAILABLE OPTION TO EXCLUDE THEM AS A CREDITOR. HSBC IS A SCAM. HSBC ENCOURAGES RUDE DISRESPECTFUL EMPLOYEES. HSBC IS HORRIBLE.

Va

Comments

• Ca
      10th of Mar, 2008

HSBC increased my APR to the default APR of 26.99% because I used more than 50% of my available credit. I had no late payments, no missed payments and no overlimit instances. The response I received was "We can adjust your APR at any time for any reason per our agreement". I have dealt with a lot of credit card companies over the last 24 years and I have to say HSBC is the most unethical company I have ever had the displeasure to deal with. HSBC is being hit hard by the current mortgage crisis and they are passing on their losses to their credit card customers.

• Ne
      20th of Apr, 2008
    householdbank - keep charging me late fees and the bill was paid off

household bank keeps charging me late fees and i paid this bill off -jan.08, i paid the 407.00, just like nco financial asked me to do.they have me owing 157.00 and i do not owe that

• Jh
      11th of Jun, 2008

This is a first! I made an online payment 6/1, to be effective on 6/6. The payment of $100 was not credited on 6/6, 6/7 or 6/8. I called customer NO service and was advised the payment would post within 2 business days. I called back today 6/10 and still no posting of payment. I was told by a csr that it could take up to 14 days for my payment to post. I advised them that the funds had cleared my bank because I had already checked.
    The rep continued to repeat the same information in broken english as if he was reading a statement. I requested to speak to a manager because he was giving me no reason for this. How can I depend on using a credit card when they have a hold on my funds. After finally reaching a manager, I was advised that because I had made TOO MANY payments in a short amount of time, the processing of the payment was being delayed. So in other words, I have made too many payments to them within the last 30 days, so they are delaying the release of my funds! How messed up is that. They are holding my money hostage so that they can earn as much interest on this account as they want! I will pay this account off and not use them anymore. I have never heard of anything so ridiculous in my life.

• Wy
      20th of Mar, 2009

I totally agree. They do rip off their customers with fees and their customer service is extremely poor. I made an online payment for my Household card, and I got charged a returned payment fee of 35$. When I called my bank to see the reason why my payment was denied, they explained to me that no payments were denied. This has happened back in October of 2008. It is March of 2009 and the problem is still ongoing because their Monitory Research Department has been working on it for months. Their customer service associate kept telling me that my bank denied the payment, and I kept telling them that it did not. I even had my banks manager write a letter and fax to them telling that no payments were denied by my bank. It's been months now and they are still "working" on the problem. I've been calling them every other week to check the status of their "research" and representative always tells me to call them back in a week. Don't do business with them. Very poor customer service along with even poorer customer support.