HostNine Shared Hosting / Deceptive Practice-Default Automatic Renewal

I signed up for ONE year service for Shared Hosting. I paid one time fee using my credit card.
After one year, I was surprised to get an invoice saying I owed HostNine money. I quickly responded that I didn't renewal the domain name and I don't need the web hosting service. I got an email back from billing saying "All of our hosting services are set for automatic renewal by default."
This is DECEPTIVE because it is not mention in their plan. See the web page on 7/24/08
-------------------------------------
Are you a new website owner? ...HostNine's service is available one month at a time; we won't try to rope you into a long contract. Looking for hosting you can count on for a mission critical site? We take four levels of precautions to maintain a 99.9% uptime and keep your data safe.

Comments

• Ju
      17th of Apr, 2009

My guess is this company is run by teenagers that thought it would be fun to have such power over other people. They seem to enjoy tormenting their customers, and they don't care if they anger anyone. They obviously feel they will always have business, no matter how many bridges they burn. Unprofessional and untrustworthy.