HomePlayOnline.com / I did not order the trial membership, nor do I want the regular service!

United States Review updated:
4.5
HomePlay sent me a letter in the mail thanking me for using their trial membership and they were billing my credit card $1.99, for the free trial. The next sentence goes on the say they will be billing my card a fee of $19.95 every month until I call the included number to cancel. When I called the 24/7 number to cancel this "membership", an automated voice tells me their practices have changed and they are only in the "office' M-F, 9-5. On a day they should have been in their "office", they directed me to a website called www.productstop.com to cancel this bogus membership. There didn't seem to be a place to cancel any kind of membership there! What's the deal??

Comments

10th of Oct, 2007
Thank you for the letter that was sent to me and for allowing me to check out your website.
  10th of Oct, 2007
Is it membership number:1122804253 ?
We
  22nd of Oct, 2007
I don't have any idea what's going on, somebody bought these movies for me and charge to my credit card with out my permission and I want my money back. Can you tell me how can I return these movies and where I need to send this back. Thank you for your comprehension.

WENDY COLE
  6th of May, 2008
take me off the list, I do want anything at all from your company and I want all of my money back immediatly.
  6th of May, 2008
I too am a victim. What you have to do to cancel the membership, is call the company @ 1-800-475-1942 . the call is going to be recorded so just tell them you wish to cancel and that you want all of your $ back. P.S. its best to have the letter in your hand when calling in case they say they dont your name on file. this way you can tell them the "membership" number.
De
  12th of Jun, 2008
I just found out that these people have been ripping me off since 4/30 I dont know how they can bill me 19.95 for a FREE trial subscription of whatever the company is, but I intend to find out and I will prosecute. I cant afford all the NSF charges from my bank, besides pay for something thats supposed to be free, I've never even heard of it.It's not right how they can rip off so many people, and get away with it. Some of us cant afford to lose this money.