HomeComings Financial / Cheating people out of their homes!

Homecomings Financial seems to be in the 'business' of CHEATING people OUT of their homes based on everything I've seen written online... Scared me so much a couple of weeks age that I posted my complaint on a class action site and now have a law firm in NY interested in a class action suit against Homecomings. They are GREAT people at the law firm helping me personally so I won't (hopefully) lose my home to this FRAUDULENT company.

If any of you out there have any suggestions for help or know anyone who has/had problems with Homecomings. PLEASE have them post and/or email me ASAP, The law firm, Wolf Popper, NY is looking into CLASS ACTION SUIT against Homecomings Financial. You may contact me by using the rebuttal box below.

A CLASS ACTION SUIT will bring JUSTICE for those of us devastated by this company's underhanded fraudulent practices!! Thanks for any help!!

Va

Comments

• Li
      1st of Feb, 2007

It is not so much homecomings as it is Draper and Goldberg. We are at issue with them.

• He
      7th of Feb, 2007

Need more resources about this company. They screwed me bad. I had perfect credit and they destroyed it in a week and foreclosed on my home. I have a lawyer, please send me more news on this bad mortgage company so we can put them out of business.

• To
      1st of Mar, 2007

I can just tell you that Homecomings bought our mortgage from another company in December of 2004 (2 months after purchase). They sent us a letter in May of 2004 stating that our payments now needed to go to them. We continued to pay our original mortgage company because we were not aware that our mortgage had been sold. As soon as we got the letter, we began paying Homecomings without skipping a beat. We have all of the bank payments to prove it. After being harrassed, for a couple of months they told us that they would settle it with our old mortgage company and they were sorry for the inconvenience. No other calls were made to us. Attempts to reconcile the 2 companies left our old mortgage company stating that everything was submitted to Homecomings, while Homecomings stated that they never received it. We referred them to each other to settle it.

In November of 2005, we got a letter stating that our mortgage was being sold the next day on the courthouse steps here in Georgia. We dropped over 5,000 dollars to them in November of 2005 just to allow time for things to be discussed and cleared up. They said that payment was to be used to prove we had access to capital and we owed no payments until March of 2006. We requested information in writing , but as usual we got nothing. After making payments in March and April we found that they were again foreclosing on our home.

What we found out in the spring of 2006 after numerous attempts to refinance with other companies to escape what we felt was shady dealings, was that while our credit report showed no negative reports on payments, Homecomings was informing potential investors that we were in default. We just kept wondering why we could never fully close the deal with other financial institutions. One company finally returned our call telling us that Homecomings was stating that we were in default over $13,000 dollars. After requesting information from them you'll never guess where the figure came from. That's right... the 4 months that they never settled with our old company with added penalties and finance charges.

No lawyers that we met with want to help us here because while they see our payments going out, they know that this type of case is time consuming. While we have called them consistently 2 times a month to talk, their lawyers tell us to call them and they tell us to call their lawyers.

I just found out today from a friend who is a real estate agent that our house was forclosed on and sold to an investment group in December of 2006. This has happened while we have been trying to contact them with no return phone calls. All of this occurred because we little people have little influence when the wheels of finance start turning and nobody takes the time to conduct business ethically.

• Ge
      13th of Mar, 2007

OMG! I am dealing with Homecomings now, as my parents' mortgage was sold to them. They have raised their interest rates to 21 percent, which I think is against the law. I am definitely looking into this! My parents paid them 21k last year in interest. I would never have known all of this until they started to foreclose on my parents. Please write and let me know if this has happened to you. My parents are in their late 60s and have had their home for 30 years. It is such a sad situation. Anyone out there who can help me??

14th of Mar, 2007

Trying to make a case against Homecomings is almost impossible. They have basically ruined me. I have worked in the legal field for 25 years and still cannot locate a lawyer in Alabama who has any experience in proceeding in a fraud action against this company. We have paid over $12,000 in payment in SIX months, yet our principal has only been reduced by a mere $300.00. We are charged a $99 property inspection fee each month. This company is located in Texas and I seriously doubt that they have EVER inspected my home in Shelby County, Alabama. They are unethical, crooked and completely unscrupulous! We currently have an attorney investigating the matter, but apparently it will take lots of accounting to figure out where the problem lies, but I know that my husband and I send our payments in EACH MONTH by western union wire transfer - then they don't even post the payment when received, thus, often charging us late fees. We were forced to file a Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Petition to hold off an illegal foreclosure. Now we are paying $1,850.00 per month for our mortgage (with interest rate going up to 14.5%, and an additional $966 per month to the bankurptcy trustee, which over half of said sum goes to Homecomings, and yet we are STILL not being credited with our current payments, nor is the payment which is being made by the U. S. Trustee showing up as a payment at all.

• Ro
      2nd of Apr, 2007

My wife and I are going through this as well. Anyone who can help us please email me at robr28@verizon.net.

• Te
      5th of Apr, 2007

My complaint is too long to write about right now but similar to all of the others. It is impossible to speak with someone at Homecomings who can give you a straight answer or receive a call back from your "financial counselor". I have documented the times, dates and persons I have spoke with in the past month in hopes to build a case against them and prove that they will not work with me to prevent foreclosure.

I can't tell you how many different responses I have gotten from the "financial counselor's" there. One person won't let me send in a payment (because it was a day late), another will accept a payment, one will set up a re-payment plan for me, another told me the only thing that is possible is for me to sell my house. I put my house up for sale within a day to prevent foreclosure (which I was told was going to happen if I didn't), my realtor faxed over the listing contract twice and also called but did not receive a call back and when I followed up, the person I spoke with said they never received the faxes and that I am not up for foreclosure.

How frustrating! I can't believe a company can stay in business running it the way it does! I have no idea where I stand and have tried to do everything I can to stay out of foreclosure.

I was told to contact my Congressman and the Federal Reserve, which I intend to do. The Neighborhood Assistance Corporation of America (NACA) has gone after predatory lenders. Maybe it's time that we make them aware of Homecomings. I will be writing all three of the aforementioned contacts - please do so also, so we can stop Homecomings (GMAC) from ruining anyone elses life.

• Br
      9th of Apr, 2007

Homecomings Financial is making our lives a nightmare. They are unethical. They care nothing about their clients or the lives they ruin. We did not get this mortgage company by choice it was transfered from another company. As many mortgage companies do. We have been in a repayment plan with them for a couple months and then after that we were told after I called numerous times that they were going to work on a loan modification for us. We 2 months went by, in the mean time I call them several times trying to get some answers they said modifications take time and someone would be in touch. I asked them about my payments and again they said someone would be in touch. NO ONE EVER CALLED.!!! We never received statements the whole time we were in our repayment program. This company is a joke. No one ever knows what they are talking about when I speak to someone. Well Friday April 6 2007 we get a judgment for foreclosure. I was furious in tears. They were trying to take our house. I called them and said I thought we were going to get a loan modification, they man stated he didn't know why we thought that, and who would have told us that. So after that I filed a complaint with my Attorney General Office in KY, and in Tx where their company is. Also filed one with the TX BBB. I filed a response to the lawyers and the my local courthouse. Next is my congressman. I also signed up to have the LawyersandSettlements look at my case for the lawsuit they are considering. Homecomings unfair practices must be stopped. Any one with complaints must come forward.. Don't let them take your house.

• Da
      12th of Apr, 2007

We also had our load sold to HomeComings Financial.

The scam they are pulling with us is that they suddenly claimed in December that we had no proof of insurance. Of course we've had our insurance with AAA for many years now, and they only reason there was any confusion at all is that Homecomings CHANGED OUR ACCOUNT NUMBER. When AAA in due course confirmed that we had insurance Homecomings ignored them. Why? Because AAA submitted the report under the old account number.

Now we learned just today that Homecomings has changed our Account Number AGAIN. Oh, and since we "didn't have insurance", they went ahead and opened an insurance account on our behalf and charged the insurance premium for it (which happens to be about 2X what we already pay AAA) against our Principal. Of course they don't tell us the name of the insurance company they sent money to in our name. Gee, I wonder if Homecomings has a Mortgage Insurance business... ya think?

Anybody else dealing with that scam?

Dave Adams
    dvadams@aol.com

13th of Apr, 2007

It seems as though I am not alone….unfortunately. I was hoping that Homecomings had not done such things to others.

Our loan ironically was sold to Homecomings like most others and the transition was a bit bumpy, it took a while for them to post our payments from my previous lender. But after that things were fine for about 7-8 months.

Then I was out of work for a period of time and we fell behind on our mortgage among other bills and I contacted Homecomings to set up a repayment plan to rectify the situation and get back into good standings. They advised that a repayment plan could be done to avoid foreclosure. They faxed me the paperwork on my second request. I filled it out accordingly and faxed it back within 2 business days. I waited one more day then called.

The person I spoke with advised me that it takes a few days to process and see if they got the paperwork and to call back at the beginning of the following week. So I called on Monday. Nothing, I called back on Tues. and they still had no record of anything. I then asked whomever I was on the line with if my home was going into foreclosure while we are getting this stuff together and such. They advised no. So Friday rolls around and I called. Still nothing. So I asked them if they could re-fax or mail me the info. The person stated that they would mail the packet for me to fill out. I got it about 3-4 days later. Filled it out and faxed it back in. This time they got it.

All the while I had money to send but they advised for me to not send any money because I was in default and it would be sent back, payment would have been rejected. So since they got my paperwork this time the person on the phone advised that I should call back in 3 business days to find out the payment plan amount. I advised ok and I will call back. I did and they advised that I was over-extended and they could not set up a plan for me at this time and I would need to pay the full balance of the loan. I was in total shock. I was so stressed I couldn’t eat, sleep and my hair was falling out at the thought of loosing my home I had worked so hard to obtain. Finally we had to file chapter 13 to save our home.

After that I started getting (what seems like the usual) letters that I have no insurance and that they would get their own if I did not provide proof. My response to that was my insurance is to be escrowed and paid by Homecomings. I then got a statement from my insurance that they had not been paid. I faxed everything into my lawyer and luckily she handled the situation for me and got them to pay my insurance. Now come 2007 I get a letter from the tax offices and my taxed (city and county) have not been paid for 2006, those as well were to be escrowed from my account.

I am now getting into contact with my lawyer to try and get this one fixed. It has been one problem after another. I have another 2 ½ years left on my bankruptcy and once I am done with that I am going to another lender and refinancing. If at all possible after all the damage to my credit now.

• Th
      13th of Apr, 2007

I just cannot believe so many people are in the same situation as myself and that nothing seems to be able to be done about this company.

I can tell you that since Homecomings purchased our loan one month after we refinanced, the trouble began. I too did not know that they purchased my loan and continued to send our payments to the company we refinanced with. I finally got a letter a few months later telling me they were my new mortgage company and I was behind on my loan. I contacted them and told them I didn't know what they were talking about that my loan was with someone else. They told me they purchased the loan and had never received my payments. Thus began the long turmoil relationship with Homecomings.

Just another thing that happened to me was my interest that they claim that was paid out dropped nearly $7,000 after they took over our loan. Then the next year is dropped an additional $1,000 + yet my interest rate continues to climb (11.75).

It just continued to get worse. Everything described above has happened to us. The rest is too detailed to explain but gets much worse. We have tried everything to save our home including filing bankruptcy CH. 13, which was suppose to stop them from any further bogus charges. IT DIDN'T! I tried working something out but to no avail. I even got outside help. Wouldn't return any calls. Well they foreclosed on my home on 2/28/07. My family (myself, husband and two children) have no where to go now.

Please feel free to contact me about the class action lawsuit. You can definitely count me in.

• Lb
      14th of Apr, 2007

Homecomings practices are unbelievable. I am having the same problem. Due to medical was out of work for 6 months fell 60 days behind, called homecomings to get loan modification or to have the past due payments put to the rear of the loan. after several attempts they told me the didn't offer that program. So i went into a forbearance agreement for six months,after the six month thinking I was on track they told me one and a half payments went to atty fees something i was not of aware of. Asking them how much were the atty fees, the rep told me to contact the atty. making a long story short, penalties and fees are still being added. tried to refinance couldn't due to Homecomings entering a lis pendens now they are trying to foreclose on my home. What recourse do we as clients have when these large predatory lenders have the upper hand. When my loan was sold to homecomings is when the nightmare began. Please advise anyone to what recourse I have or what lender will refi to one who has imperfect credit.

17th of Apr, 2007

Hello to all who have been ripped off by homecomings Financial!!
    I was late by 10 days told the co. reason was a job change.
    Was told by one person to continue making payments and they would tack late fee at end of mortgage, which I continued to do. I did everything I was told to do.
    I have been upfront with this co. since day 1!
    I filled out and faxed a total of 9 repayment packages ( same paperwork every time. called confirming had received.
    Many calls they stated they never had documented. People who reportedly were working on my case, Did not exist nor worked there any more. Was told I don't know how many times the case was being worked on.
    Keep sending payment. Don't worry you are fine, you will not loose your home.
    Continued to make payments including extra.
    Refused to send detailed statement of where money was going.
    Worked with Luthern social services as told to do .
    LSS showed income and I was more then able to make payment and extra every month.
    LSS attempted to contact Homecomings Financial.
    People did not exist nor did the extension #'s you were to call.
    received paperwork from Dallas Texas And other states?
    Homecomings stated they would not except anything to prove that payments continued to be made nor proof that income was more then sufficient. Received letter from their rip off attorneys I was going to loose my home.
    Sent letter of dispute with in 1 week as stated in letter that i was able to dispuit with in 30 days of receiving letter.
    within 2 week of letter sent, received letter that my home was going on the auction block.
    I sold my home at a great loss!!! Homecomings destroyed my credit rating. On top of all that .
    After sell of home, Homecomings ripped my off on just about all money to be refunded.
    Detailed letter was not received until 6 months after no longer owning home.
    Homecomings had deducted every month for someone who came to appraise the property??? Whats that all about.
    How can you appraise property monthly when you don't even own the home!!!
    after some research, I discovered that Homecomings takes your money to pay the snake attorneys, instead of posting it towards your mortgage!!
    The stress of losing everything, no place for my family to live has been unbearable.
    I can't beleave that there isn't an attorney out there that won't take the bull by the horns, be a real ### and take homecomings to the cleaners!!!
    If I were an attorney, you better believe that I while PMS'ing would rake these AS*HOLES to the cleaners.

• Re
      17th of Apr, 2007

My issues happened with this company back in 1999 and 2000. My story sounds just like everyone elses. My loan was transferred to these guys and several of my payments didn't get transferred over. I attempted several times for a repayment plan...that didn't work. They returned my payments. Finally in early 2000 they filed foreclosure. Thankfully, I was able to borrow the money from a family member at the last minute to save my house. We had just came to the resolution it would be gone. It was saved out of foreclosure and I was able to get it refinanced through someone else and life was great. After paying it off in August 2000, mysteriously my three payments reappeared and were in an escrow account. I had no escrow account set up. Anyway, here I am almost seven years later and in the process of getting ready to sell my home, I found out that they did not file the correct Satisfaction of Mortgage which is preventing the sale. I have tried on so many occasions to speak to someone, but unfortunately I get cut off because my loan number is not a current one. The only way I can get anyone is to punch numbers for new customer to get to collections and then have them transfer me (which they aren't happy about). I have faxed over their requested paperwork a month ago and still haven't had the corrections filed. Although I am not surprised, I cannot believe they can still screw me up seven years later.

• Ke
      20th of Apr, 2007

I have had a problem with Homecomings force placing insurance on two separate occasions and after agreeing to a repayment plan, have been(in their view) always two months late which of course lowers your credit score and prevents you from refinancing with another company... WHICH WAS THEIR PLAN FROM THE START. Never, Never, Never agree to a repayment plan with Homceomings.

Does anyone have any advice how to join any legal actions against these predatory lender?

• Ti
      24th of Apr, 2007

We are tired of fighting Homecomings Financial so we decided to get out while we can. We found a home to rent and I am much happier.

Our payment raised every 6 months started out at 450 now well over 700. Homecomings will not send us statements, will not give us a straight answer as to exactly what the total payment is. Holds our payments in a suspense account? They say what we sent in was not the total payment. Okay can I get a straight answer, why no, I may not!!!

Paid our taxes without asking them to. Tacked in their insurance, claimed 796.00 a year tacked it on again in 6 months. I have been from lawyer to lawyer to lawyer. No one will take them on.

They forced us into a chapter 13 to save the home once. Our credit ruined by them. So since we are surrending the home. We will at least have the satisfaction that they will NOT be able to collect any more from us. We are waiting for the official foreclosure and the house being auctioned off I imagine what they will do or it will be sold as a foreclosure.

When they try to come after us for whatever amount they will claim we owe them. I am sure they will claim they can not get what is owed on the home. Then we flip over the chapter 13 into a chapter 7 and they cant collect a damn thing.

• Ti
      24th of Apr, 2007

We would be interested in a class action suit!!!

• Wi
      26th of Apr, 2007

I recently lost my job and realized that I would have to sell my home. In three months of contacting Homecomings by phone, fax, email, and letters, I have never had a response. I will soon no longer be able to make payments and will soon just have to walk away from the loan and ruin my credit. With a little cooperation or even communication this could have been avoided! What an awful company!

• Ra
      26th of Apr, 2007

I noticed that homecoming filled a Lis Pendes on my condo . They were going to lend me X amount of money last December, instead they paid medical bills and other obligations that I had under control and what money was left made it impossible to keep up on my first loan and second loan.

My loands were "no-docs", they were well aware of my problems, they just added to it .

Any remedy possible?

Raymond Bouchayer
    "bouchayer@yahoo.com"

• Em
      27th of Apr, 2007

Exact same situation as all others, I am definitely interested in a class action suit. Contact me.