Home Depot / terrible experience

1 2455 Paces Ferry RoadAtlanta, GA, United States Review updated:

Some time ago I received a home appliance catalog from a Home Depot affiliate. At that time I hand delivered the catalog to the local Home Depot store manager who was on duty at the time. I told the manager that 'our future patronage at Home Depot stores is contingent on us not receiving another solicitation of any kind from Home Depot or its affiliates.'

In April 2008 I purchased a home appliance from the local Home Depot store. In my conversation with the sales clerk, I reminded them that I was not to receive solicitations as a result of my purchase. The sales clerk showed me a computer screen that displayed my customer information, and it was marked 'opt out.' She assured me that I would receive no solicitations.

On May 1, 2008 I received another Expo catalog. I went to the local store for an explanation. The store manager stated that the 'opt-out' notation connected to my customer information applied only to e-mail, and that the corporate office was responsible for the U.S. postal mailing. I sent a protest letter dated May 1, 2008 addressed to Home Depot Corporate Headquarters in Atlanta, GA directing the Home Depot to eliminate my name from their databases as soon as the rebate check (still owed to me at that time) had cleared their bank. I received a response to that letter, dated May 21, 2008 that said that Home Depot was interested in resolving my complaint.

On May 28, 2008 I received another Home Depot advertisement. I immediately posted a letter to the corporate office protesting Home Depot's failure to remove me from their mailing list, and sent it certified. I also sent the offending mail piece to them. The postal system reports that my letter was delivered.

On June 7, 2008 I received yet another Home Depot sales pitch in my mail box. It appearing that the Home Depot will not remove me from their junk mail list voluntarily, I am filing a USPS Form 1500 against them.

Va

Comments

• Va
      15th of Sep, 2008

The door and sidelights were installed in March, 2008. I was told the glass would be re-ordered and replaced immediately. I have been to the store 4 or 5 times, only to be told that it would be ordered right then, which didn't happen. Then I was told that the original salesperson wasn't in that day, but she would call me the next morning. That didn't happen.

So, I called customer service and was told that they just ordered the glass and it should be in within a week and would be installed within 48 hours. That has been over 2 weeks. Meanwhile, I'm paying for an expensive, damaged door.

25th of Sep, 2008

Home depot is awful horrible worse place to shop and probably to work they are terrible to the customers and treat their employee very badly my advice to any one to shop there if you can avoid it and don't work there you will be treated very unfairly its all lies and the don't care a rat ### about only themselves the managers just want their bonus and they don't care how they get it customer service is a joke !! and the open door policy is even a bigger joke its a very horrible place!!! ugh!!!

• Ca
      17th of Dec, 2008

oh no you got a catalog! no one gives a ### about your [censored]ing junk mail. deal with it! don't come in to HD and complain. the store has nothing to do with your mail.

• Ge
      23rd of Nov, 2011

I signed a contract with home depot to put a new roof on my house/ They said that it would be 8K dollars, this was mid October. Mid November, they sent another person to measure. That person said that they would have someone to re-roof the house by the end of the week. The next day, the original salesperson called to say that he had measured wrong and the cost would be 12K. I told him that I had a legal and binding contract for 8K. They also place the cost of 8K on my HDDC credit card. I called Atlanta, went to the local store where the manager said that they would resolve the problem. After about a hour of waiting, he came out to say that "they" had cancelled the job and would take the cost off the credit card. (They were only supposed to charge 2K to the credit card). Well, they have not done anything. I feel that they are discriminatory against women and would not have done this to a man. There price was too high, a metal roof or wood shingles wouldn't have cost that much. They were total dishonest and they breached their contract. I would not recommend Home Depot to anyone! Please find an honest company to do your contracting needs.

• Re
      7th of Dec, 2015

When will Home Depot ever actually properly train their managers to be effective in decision making? Management should be trained to use effective communication skills and sound decision making skills. Mostly, they should be trained to leave their ego at home! This company continues to be one big joke!

• 19
      3rd of Jun, 2016
    Home Depot - Bad place
    Home Depot

Long story short...don't order blinds from this store. i ordered mind on 4/15/10 and was told that it would take 2 weeks (max) to get them. Two weeks later, still no blinds. I was told that they should be at my home in another two weeks. Two weeks later, still not blinds. I emailed the ceo and was shifted to the store manager who (after a week's worth of the run-around) basically told me that it would end up being another month until i got my blinds. He had suggested that I go with a different manufacturer, but then ended up trying to charge me another $1, 400 for upgrades. And then wanted to charge me an additional $1, 700 for the difference in blinds (I have already paid over $2, 000 for my original blinds). Bottom line is that if you are a manager in a store, your customers are your lively-hood. If you agree to help them out with an issue, then you should first make sure that you are able to keep the promises that you make to them. The worst part, is that it is over a month later and I still have 19 windows that do not have blinds. I will never shop at HD again, and will tell everyone I know to do the same.

• Ho
      3rd of Jun, 2016

Hi, my name is Sheronda and I'm with Home Depot Customer Care. I apologize for your experience with your blinds and I'd like to see if there is anything that I can do to make it right for you. Please email me your order information to sheronda_care@homedepot.com. Thank y ou!

Sheronda