Holy Family Hospital - Spokane, WA / Rude and uncompassionate1

I was brought in by ambulance my son called after having a seizure and was there almost 2 hours and still had seen no doctor...i was in very much pain due to headache after seizure...they were very rude and uncompassionate....will never, ever, ever go there again but something should be done...

Va

Comments

• Wi
      2nd of Jun, 2008

It is now 11:23 pm and I just got home. Had grandma rushed to Holy Family in an ambulance she arrived at 2:30 pm and just got a room @ 10:20. Eight hours in an emergency room for a 95 year old woman. Nurse who said she was grandma's nurse, only came in 3 times to take her blood pressure during that 8 hr period. Someone please tell me how much they make (per minute) while a patient lays in an e.r. room. Cause I know that is the only reason she laid there for so long. The tests she did have done only took combined 1.5-2 hrs. Why lay there for the other six???? Along with the other person who commented. NO member of my family will ever, ever, I mean ever step foot in Holy Family again. I agree, something has to be done. Oh, and how true====Rude, and uncompassionate is an understatement.

• Va
      4th of Oct, 2009

I have a friend who was admitted to holy family psychiatric ward. She was admitted for duel issusses.
    1. Addiction to anti-anxiety medication
    2. Depression

She was detoxed for 5 days and sent home, with no follow up.
    after 3 days she attempted suicide .
    She was re-admitted to holy family psychiatric ward, there she was evaluated and we were told it was a behaveorial issue and they could not help her.
    She was discharged, and was assigned to Solom Mental heath day program.
    Solom sent her to Holy family emergency dept, where she layed in a bed for 12 hrs with no piilow of blanket. And not person came in until my sister and myself came in.

Three social worker did not find her a bed until we had to loose our tempers.
    The last social worker told us not to blame her for the other social worker mistakes.
    After 12hrs in ER she was sent Salem Hospital there she was treated for withdrawl and dpression.
    They told us she should of been treated for withdrawl and given a hire dose of depression medication.
    In my opinion Holy family almost killed my friend. God help the people in the psychiatric ward.
    Not only are they not being treated the floor is dirty and unkept.

• 1m
      4th of Oct, 2009

Totally a rude and uncompassionate hospital! The doctor in ER last couple of days must have had some personal issues as he was throwing things and gave our son something to drink that should have gone to the older woman in next room--he was putting our family down and the list goes on--it was so unbelievable until my husband blew up at him and demanded an apology and told them his intentions to never come back and to file a complaint. It's a longer story but we are filing a complaint and I am writing letters to the board members. I've spent so much money at that hospital with cancer and having heart attacks! They will not get my money or insurance money any more! We will never go to Holy Family Hospital ever again!!!

• Ke
      13th of Mar, 2012

HOLY FAMILY IS THE WORST HOSPITAL IN SPOKANE ..IT SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN, . THEY ARE NOT EQUIPT TO HANDLE MAJOR EMERGENCIES...THEY ARE RUDE AND THE DRS ARE STUPID..I SAW THEM USEING GOOGLE TO DIGNOIS..THE NUSEING STAFF ARE SNOTTY LITTLE BRATS I HOPE TO NEVVVVVER SEE AGAIN

• Ke
      13th of Mar, 2012

ALSO IT IS A DISCUSTING DIRTY HOSPITAL, MY HUSBAND WAS SEEN LAST NIGHT FOR AN UNSTOPPABLE POSTERIER NOSE BLEED..THEY PACKED HIS NOSE AND SENT US HOME STILL BLEEDING..8 HOURS LATER WE RETURED WITH BLEEDING COMING FROM HIS OTHER NOSTRIL..HIS MOUTH AND EARS..WE WENT TO THE SAME BED AND SAME ROOM..AND THERE WAS DRIED BLOOD FROM HIS VISIT 8 HOURS BEFORE STILL ON THE BED...NO WONDER PEOPLE CATCH DISEASES AT HOSPITALS..ONES LIKE HOLY FAMILY ARE LAZY AND DONT FOLLOW POLICES OR PROCEDURES..NASTY LOW CLASS PLACE... MY HUSBAND HAS NOW BEEN ADMITTED INTO ANOTHER HOSPITAL TO STOP THE BLEEDING..THANK GOD WE WENT SOMEWHERE ELSE