Holiday Builders / ketchy hoa covenants

1 Pensacola, FL, United States Review updated:

I contacted Holiday Builders in Pensacola about a month ago and wanted more information from sales. I started asking detailed questions and it went from sales to a new home consultant and then a sales director. It's interesting that all of a sudden, the person who knew everything I was asking was out for a few weeks and from now on, I was to work with a sales director. I got the runaround on their covenants after reading the fine print. They kept telling me they would get back to me and I heard nothing. All I wanted was for someone to translate Article IV of the Covenants that were sent to me in Section 3, #'s 1, 2, and 3 under the Assessments. I mean, seriously, this stuff is important. It states under Assessments that annually, the Board shall levy against all lots, assessments to the tune of $600 per lot in addition to the $1000 a year for HOA dues. Each year after that, the Board shall levy against all lots, an increased assessment not to exceed 5%. This matters! I just wanted someone to translate this and to give me peace of mind. You know what the sales director's response was to my question on those assessments? "Assessments are separate from property taxes. The current yearly HOA dues are $1000. I just requested a copy of the current budget and assessments from the HOA president. Currently we are not aware of any special assessments. The covenants say that a yearly assessments cannot exceed 5% increase per year and that it takes a vote of 66% of all the landowners to agree on any increase. Does this answer your question?" All I have to say is beware of those covenants. It was a red flag for me and I have decided not to invest in their communities.

Ba
May 3, 2017

Comments

• Dr
      22nd of Oct, 2018

You made the right choice to avoid this builder. You would have been very sorry if you had gone forward. You barely saw the tip of the iceberg of what shoddiness that this builder exhibits.

• Ba