Higher One / fraud

GA, United States Review updated:

Awful company. I was a victim of fraud and had 1, 500 dollars taken from my account. I alerted the company immediately when I discovered the stolen charges. I notified them of every charge that was made against my account that I did not permit. First, it took them a month and to credit SOME of the money back to my account. When I told them that some of the money was still missing and submitted a written claim they denied me the rest of my funds. I now have to pay back money that was stolen from me. When I asked them why they allowed a charge that was processing to go through when I alerted their company and told them to shut down the card they ignored the question. I am now awaiting a letter detailing why my complaint was rejected I was told that the company claimed to recieve the funds legally. The crook was rewarded, while I am made to pay for their crimes. By all means avoid this company.

Comments

• Mi
      Dec 18, 2011

Take them to court; both HigherOne and Bancorp Bank. Under Regulation E of the Electronic Funds Transfer Act (EFTA), financial institutions MUST provisionally credit your account for the entire amount in dispute within 10 business days; if they violate these them they are violating Federal Law and you are also entitled to Treble Damages (3 Times the amount in dispute) from them for violating Federal Statutes.

Dec 18, 2011

Thankyou Mister M,

Thankyou for your comment. I am in the process of bringing a lawsuit against this company. I did not know about the Electronic Funds Transfer Act. I will bring it to my lawyers attention.
    Thanks Again
    Madassin

• Al
      Oct 19, 2012

Madassin, this is ironic that the same thing happened to me the other week and they gave me the exact song and dance...i feel victimized by this company and feel as if the are aiding the thieves in stealing the money...who is your attorney and perhaps this should be a class action lawsuit against higher one.

• Lu
      Sep 24, 2013

I fax the bank form to transfer my funds to bank account the customer service agent it will take three days they never did it . The customer serivce agent said it will happen on my next refund disbursement causing me to pull my money out HIgher One account they lied about having Higher One Atm on one of my campus they after i complianed they were installed . The customer serivce agent said i could get my fee credit back they never did . They haven't release my money and will not let me get a check due 3.65 carge on my account
    .Dear Cindy Gutierrez,

Your account is overdrawn and currently has a negative balance of -3.62.

Did you know that resolving this overdraft and returning your account to good standing is an important step in avoiding negative long-term implications to your banking history? With this in mind, here are some fast and easy ways to help you cover the overdraft and return your account to good standing:

1) Add money from another bank account
    Once logged in to your account, click on the "Resolve now" link located in the box labeled "Please resolve your overdraft" at the top of the main page. Next select "Transfer from another bank account" and follow the prompts.

2) Make a credit card payment
    Once logged in to your account, click on the "Resolve now" link located in the box labeled "Please resolve your overdraft" at the top of the main page. From there, choose "Pay by credit card" and follow the prompts to enter your card information.

3) Use a Western Union Direct To Bank transfer
    Visit Western Union's website to find the nearest location offering "Direct To Bank" money transfer (and a listing of their fees). You will need the following information:

• Cr
      Oct 27, 2016

This bank is the worst they told me my account was compromised. I think I would know if my account was compromised, right? They made me upload a notarized document on how my account was compromised. So they have a hold on my account going on a week now I believe and they won't give me any answers. I can't know who's working on my case. All they told me was to wait on a email, I'm still waiting on that email.