HiFiSoundConnection / bait and switch

1 MO, United States Review updated:

These guys are horrible bait and switch con artists. I placed my order in good faith from items advertised on their site. after a couple weeks i emailed a request for the status of my order. they replied with a standard form response saying the items were out of stock and usually return to stock within 2 weeks. I waited another week or so and asked about the SPECIFIC status of my order and received the same generic out of stock reply. I have made several calls to them and rarely got a live person who could not give me any information. there have been days i made up to 25 calls within an hour only to get their "all reps are busy, please leave a message" prompt.

They did tell me I could select another item that was in stock and they would offer free freight for the inconvenience. they suggested i check out the Kicker brand. I did but did not find any items close to the specs of the original alpine amp and boston accoustic sub that i had ordered. they showed jl labs enclosed subs and i selected 2 as alternates - neither of which they had in stock.

in each and every email and message left i have asked to have a manager or owner call me so we can resolve this.

I have left many messages and none have been returned. i have tried to pressure them with promises to contact the authorities but to no avail. I have requested they cancel my order and refund my money - over $800 balance (they partial shipped my $915 order) in 4 separate emails (per their policy) but received no confirmation. after the last cancellation request they told me they were processing drop ships "today". I have twice now requested what items are being drop shipped and when i can expect them but gotten no response.

I noticed at least one other complaint on this site that these guys blocked the complainers phone. Darren from hifi soundconnection replied, "we do not block numbers." this is an absolute lie. my cell phone number goes to a message that has said "the mailbox is full" for 3 days now. amazingly, dialing from my home phone and another phone immediately after i get this message using my cell phone goes into their normal prompts although a live person does not answer and i am directed to leave a message.

These guys are horrible con artists stealing money. do not buy anything from them. if you have contact your local, state and federal law enforcement agencies.

for darren (since you seem to be answering the complaints here) - this is the first of many scathing reviews you are about to get from me. additionally, by the end of today i will have contacted state and local authorities alleging you committed an illegal act of conversion of my money and deceptive business practices. since this is across state lines it falls into federal jurisdiction. i suggest you resolve this now.

UPDATE: I just received an email noting items they propose to substitute. i am waiting on clarification of these items since they are not what i ordered.

Comments

• Wa
      15th of Oct, 2009

10/15/09 - I have gone through almost the exact same scenario with this company now. Heck, it could have almsot been me that wrote this review. From working with Darren, to being told they were out of stock, to suggesting "Kicker" over the obvious quality components I intially ordered. NOONE answers the phone and the Online assistance is never... ONLINE.
    I've turned my case over to Paypal for resolution now after roughly 1 month of going in circles.

• Wa
      5th of Feb, 2010

This company has terrible customer service. I purchased the product and it didn't work. Thy suggested calling the manufacturers customer service which I did. They were great, asked me to try a couple of things and that if that didn't work the product was defective and to return it to the store from which it was purchase. HiFi said they would accept the return but that I had to pay for the shipping. I dissagred with them and sited their return policy which states they will pay for warranty returns. They tried to say a return meant the return to me, which is just a complete farse. I sited it again and told them if they didn't want to follow their policy I would not give them good feed back. I even stated I didn't want a return I just wanted a new item that worked. I still tried to give them the sale. I got the following e-mail back.

On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 6:00 PM, HiFiSoundconnection wrote:

Hello,
    Sell the item on eBay or Criagslist we cannot do anything for you at this
    time.
    Your Technical Specialist,
    Tony

I seriosly can't believe they would do that first of all. Second I can't believe they would recommend sell a product that clearly doesn't work to someone else as a solution.

I will never do business with them again and I would recommend other don't as well. There are to many good people to do business with to have to deal with people like this. They are what give the internet a bad name.

• Jc
      16th of Feb, 2010

The worst company I 've dealt with. Do not buy form them. Zero customer service and will take your money and not send the goods. Complete CON !!!

• Je
      19th of May, 2010

ou will regret doing business with this company.

- The sell things they do not have in stock as if they have them

- The agree to a refund after you have waited weeks for your "in
    stock" order, then they never refund your card and ship you items you
    have already purchased elsewhere. In my case the supposed refunded
    part of my order showed up 30 days after I ordered it and 13 days
    after I canceled it.

- They sell "loaded" speaker boxes, that are actually a just a box and
    retail speakers. In my case the speakers did not fit in the box
    without an air gap as the holes were the wrong size.

- I used the [censored] word in an email to them, not directed towards them
    personally, but at the speaker boxes with the wrong size hole. And
    they had the nerve to mail back that they will not work me because of
    the offensive language. I believe this business is in New York, what a
    pathetic excuse.

Also, the last review of these guys I did on this site, they actually
    demanded I give them a good review to fix the problems with the last
    order (missing parts). I am sorry that I did that for my own selfish
    reasons (to get my issue fixed).

I can't believe I was stupid enough to try them again, apparantly they
    try and rip you off every time, at least I am 2 for 2.

Total incompetent crooks

• Go
      30th of Dec, 2010

Great prices but HORRIBLE customer service. These [censor]es suck at customer service and if they had a location that i could get to id go ring their necks
    Dont bother calling. they will never return a call and they take 2-3 days to return an email. Look at this conversation between me and a "customer service rep"

Message starts at bottom

Are you sorry that you have a voice mail box that never gets answered too? If you dont answer calls why have an inbox??????????????????????????
    Not only are you lazy your incompetent
    or are you sorry that your program duplicated my sale SIX times.
    What on gods green earth makes you think I ordered 6 15 inch subs?
    are you THAT ignorant to HONEST believe that? Well Robin thanks for supplying me
    customer service that I would expect from my 9 year old sister.
    have a great day [censor].
    SINCERELY yours,
    A lost customer.

> Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 08:10:19 -0700
    > From: sales@hifisoundconnection.com
    > To:
    > Subject: RE:
    > Im sorry I show all emails were replied to asap expect the on on Christmas
    > and Im sorry if we took the day off on Christmas, and Im sorry that you
    placed 6 orders too.
    Your customer service representative
    > Robin
    > Thanks for your interest in our products. Please use this coupon code 50K19K for $5 off any future order $100 and above at http://www.hifisoundconnection.com

> -----Original Message-----
    > From:
    > To: sales@hifisoundconnection.com
    > Date: December 29, 2010 8:3:16 AM

This wouldnt have been too late had you responded to my 4 calls
    OR answerd my emails quicker then 2 days at a time.
    I will never do business with?you again.

Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 11:32:11 -0700<BR>> From: sales@hifisoundconnection.com<BR>> To:
    Subject:
    Unfortunately it is too late and the item has shipped. Once you receive it, you are welcome to send it back for a refund
    Happy New Years!<BR>> <BR>> <BR>> Quinton<BR>> <BR>> -----Original Message---

To: sales@hifisoundconnection.com>
    Date: December 28, 2010
    I need to cancel order Invoice # _________
    I have to purchases going through of the same item. It said it failed the first time which is why I orderd it again <BR>> Please cancel this order ASAP so it doesnt charge my bank.<BR> >

• Aa
      8th of Apr, 2013

"I was RIPPED OFF!!! The Bazooka amp I purchased was defective and I returned it to HIFI Sound connection for a replacement. Its now been 4 weeks and I'm still getting the run around. I have spoken to Tanya, Mark, and one other customer service rep about solving this problem and NO ONE will give a straight answer. At this point I just want money ($255) refunded, because I fear there is just going to additional problems.

I intend to contact the CEO Chris Rush and the general manager Tony Rush for my refund. And if this does not work, I will file a law suit in small claims in Christian County Missouri seeking my refund and costs for doing so."

• Cy
      27th of Jan, 2015

Oh yeah definite rip off artists. I ordered a box for 2 12's and i receive an email saying the product was damaged and they don't feel right sending it out and i could wait for one to get in stock or take a refund so i opted for the refund and received a letter saying ok its being processed so i order another one off of amazon well not but a day or so i receive an email saying they shipped my order so i call and explain the situation and they told me it was already shipped and i could send it back well kept getting the runaround cause they didn't wanna take it back. I am posting everything on facebook. twitter, google + and everywhere else i can and i asked my friends to repost and i ask y'all to repost if you would and post everything you have on social sites. word of mouth is either the best or worst way to make or break a company. Lets help keep other ppl from getting scammed.

• Va
    Hi Fi Sound Connection - Unauthorized actions
    Hi Fi Sound Connection
    hifisoundconnection.com

This company is a FRAUD and has no idea how to treat customers. I have been trying to email and call them and they wont return any. So i called today and finally got ahold of someone, i gave her my invoice number and before i could ask for a manager she told me to back off and hung up on me, when i tried to call back i found that she blocked my call. So i called with my house phone, she did the same thing, and blocked my home phone. They owe me 500 dollars and i cant get ahold of them to get my money, and they wont ship me the product i paid for!!! this is crazy, i dont know how this company is still open!!!

• Da
      5th of Aug, 2016

I have been waiting for 6 months on a credit. I followed there reutrn policy and shipped product back to them in january. Material arrived at their location and was signed for but I have not received the money. Phone calls go unanswered and e-mails are rarely returned. When I do get a response they give an answer that the credit department is behind and credit will be issued soon. Hifi sound connection is a bad company to have any dealings with. Never ever shop with HIFI sound connection.

• As
      5th of Aug, 2016

Crooks. I was charged for my purchase. Over the following 2 months i was: Never notified about a back order. Then never notified about them NOT even being able to get that product. Another month after they said they would give me a refund I still haven't seen a dime and every time i call they give me the run around, like leaving me on hold and never coming back!
    They are crooks!

• Bo
    HiFiSound Connection - Fraud/Poor Customer Service
    HiFiSound Connection

I ordered an electronic part from this on-line retailer, which was listed as free shipping. When the transaction posted I was charged $10 to ship a $14.95 item. They promised a refund, but it was never provided. Now they will not ship the item and will not refund my money. I had to file a case with Paypal and wait for the resolution.

• Ke
    HiFiSound Connection - Fraud/Poor Customer Service
    HiFi Sound Connection
    Nexa
    Missouri
    hifisoundconnection.com

Do not buy from these guys - they bill your credit card upon placement of the order and never ship the items. I ordered an item from them, paid extra for three day shipping and never received the item. After about a week, I called to cancel the order and was told to email my request, which I did. A month has now gone by with no response from them. I have made several attempts to contact ANYONE and keep getting their "please leave a message" recording and NO ONE returns my calls. I also tried their live chat option which they reccomend and was told, quite rudely I might add, that live chat was for techinical support calls only. I have made as many as 10 calls per day and have NEVER spoken with a live person! Save yourself the grief I'm experiencing and place your order with a reputable company.