Hess Gas Station / customer treatment

1 college ave.Elmira, NY, United States Review updated:

there are 3 employess that are absolutly incompentent at this location! 1st is a woman about 50-60 who yells at customers has money counting issues and generally a veryu very poor attitude towards everyone entering this store. 2nd is a man in his 30s whom is always in bathroom the entire facilty smells from his constant usage of restroom area! he also cannot count money even though the register is equipped to automatically do so if he could manage to put the correct numerals in to begin with! very poor customer service as well as very poor oral and physical hygeine-i dont like to touch the change he returns to me so always try to have exact amounts to get thru the half hour ordeals with him!lastly this gentleman and i use that term very loosely is incapable of doing 2 things at once such as saying how may i help you and pushing the button so the customer can begin pumping fuel. he once again has extremly poor mannerisms verbally abusive towards customers and i am shocked that this location maintains any business especially when there are several differant companies to choose from. those i have spoken with agree with me and state the only time they patron this local is out of desperation! now whomever owns this place should really do an overhaul and rehire or retrain existing staff in the basic qualities of humanism! good manners decent hygeine-the economys bad but come on 16 year olds would do a much better job with more respect and cleanliness. i hope someone will respond to this on going problem or your doors could close next i know my business is going elsewhere even if i have to drive an extra 50 miles-its well worth it! also im not alone so straighten it up or get ready to lose more business.

An

Comments

• Jw
      6th of Aug, 2010

August 06, 2010 I tryed to purchase gas with a visa gift card that was for $50. The pump showed me to see the cashier in side. When she swiped the card she said it would not take then she swiped it again and said it had no balance and would not give me creedit for gas. I called my visa card office and it reported that $50 was credited on 8/06. I went on line and pulled up my account history and it said Hess was credited on 8/06 for $50. When I spoke with the cashier (manager) she said that no amount for gas or mdse was taken by Hess because there was no balance on the card and she started screaming loudly in front of many customers so they would think that I called her a lier and theif, which was not the truth I was just trying to find out what happened to my money before making a legal report. Trying to find a main Hess phone office numer is not easy.

• Jw
      6th of Aug, 2010

very upset with the managers attitude - she should not be a manager.

• Al
      3rd of Nov, 2011

I live in Lake Mary Florida. I had the worst experience in one of the Hess. I came to buy a pack of cigarettes for my boyfriend before the employee even ask for my ID. I showed to him. he said to me " you are 22 Wow you really short for your age." I was between chocked and kind of angry for the comment and then he said " you are a midget." I just look this black short guy with a serious face. After that I told his supervisor He just insult me and she said " that is Jamal for you" I left amaze how rude people can be I work retail I would never insult a customer that way or any way. I could say to him well at least I can wear heels you can not bleach. but i choose to be the better person for what. I called Hess corporate receptionist was so rude and transfer me to a customer service line that no one answer.

• He
      10th of Nov, 2011

We're sorry to hear you had an issue at one of our locations. This location is owned an operated by a Hess franchisee. This franchisee has implemented a "discount for cash" pricing strategy. The price sign reads "Regular, Cash Price". We regret any inconvenience this may have caused. If you have further questions, please contact the Hess customer service center by phone at 1-800-437-7645 or by email at retailwebmaster@hess.com.