Heritage Warranty / non payment of pre approved repair

1 400 Metro Place NDublin, OH, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800 753-5236

After pre approving repairs the company said I had to pay the dealer up front, submit a claim and they would reimburse me for $427.95. I filed the claim in March, 2008. After no response I sent a letter to the claims office, and another a month later. I received a letter saying the claim was in the system waiting for the carrier to clear it for payment. I called them and asked for a way to speak to the carrier to clear up any problems. They would not give me a phone number or any information. All research shows that Heritage Warranty moved from Lincoln, Nebraska to Dublin, Ohio. There is no way for me to speak to anyone about what it takes to clear the claim for payment.

Comments

• Rs
      25th of Oct, 2009

Have the same problem with repair work for my RV. If you go to HERITAGEWARRANTY.COM it will explain the why and wherefor's. One can only hope that the company administering the Heritage contracts will receive funds to pay off any repairwork approved by them.

• Ra
      25th of Jan, 2010

This is hopeless! We have one claim for 1723.72 and one for 451.58. I just checked the Heritage site and it says estimated pament date is 8/31/2011. This work was done in June of 2009. I also found out that they started having problems in 2004 and I am really pissed at the dealer (Roy R0binson's) for selling us the waranty. I fully intend to follow this through. FYI Heritage is still selling contracts in some states including Washington. Not all states have taken action, so be careful what you buy.

Sincerely
    Cheryl Hammer

• Ra
      25th of Jan, 2010

We have 2 repair bills totaling over $2200.00 submitted june of 2009. I just checked the Heritage waranty web site and it said estimated payment was 8/31/2011. How's that for quick service. We waited over a year for one bill to be paid for 950.00 and it was all preapproved, but what they sent was 250.00. Is there a class action suit out there? Is there an attorney willing to take one on? Do you know that heritage can still sell policies in the state of Washington? What's up with that! Most of us buy policies so we don't have to worry if something happens. So we paid 6000.00 for a worthless piece of crap, and still have to shell out. I wish we had left our motorhome at the dealer until heritage paid the bill. If there is a next time, We will do just that. I wish everyone good luck and I am sorry that there are so many in the same boat. Keep paddeling.

Cheryl Hammer

30th of Jan, 2010
    Heritage Warranty - Non pay approved work
    Oswego,N.Y.
    New York

Ihad work approved in 11/2008 and was told i had to pay and be reimbersed which had never happened before. I was not very happy but did it because my car needed fixing, i was told i would get my check with in 6 weeks. After 3 months i continually called like everyone else to be told the same lies. Igot no where with the attorney general as well (what a joke) today 1/30/2010 i received a check im very surprised i had given up 14 months later, so i wanted to tell everyone i guess dont give up there is hope, good luck to all of you.

• Vw
      22nd of Feb, 2010

I also have on on going run a round with Heritage. We bought a warranty it 2001 on our new motorhome for a 7 year period. The contract stated, and one of the reasons I bought it, that if no claims were made during the warranty period the purchase amount would be refunded. In our case that is $2995.00. I filed the proper paperwork in Jan 2009 and the date for the refund keeps getting put of into the future. It has now been more than a year. The latest date they posted for my refund is Sept 2011. That is TWO AND A HALF YEARS after I should have gotten the refund. I am still working on getting a refund from them and will not give up. If anyone has any ideas on what to do I will take all the advice you can give. I think we should all drive our motorhomes to their offices and block 'em in till they pay. To me what they are doing and how they operate is worse than a robbery and deserves jail time.

VWY from Kansas