HelpMeDownLoad.com / Charged for service I did not download.

1 OR, United States Review updated:

Dear Whomever will listen-
I noticed on my last credit card statement that I was charged $86.67 for something I did not do. The description was HelpMeDownload.com and the city listed next to the desription was the abbreviation: GBR, which I think could be Great Britain.This whole ordeal scares me a little. I may have filled out my credit card information to them but I did not purchase anything or any service for any amount, much less $86.67. I called the service line for my credit card number and they mentioned that I might have to dispute this charge or worry that my card has been compromised. Can anyone help me out with this problem?
Blythe McKenzie

Comments

• Sc
      13th of May, 2009

Call your credit card company and start the Chargeback procedure.

This is why you don't give your credit card information to any unknown company. Unless it's a well-known online shopping site - Ebay, Amazon, or any online version of a department store like Wal-mart - you just don't do it unless you're familiar enough with the internet.

You should not, by the way, be paying for any sort of download. Ever. It's all free, and if it's not - it's a scam.

• He
      9th of Jun, 2009

Hello Blythe McKenzie,

I am a customer service representative of helpmedownload.com. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and for your negative experience. Regarding your concern about the charges that you got, we will be more than happy to resolve your issue either via web chat below, or email, or calling our toll free number.

HELPMEDOWNLOAD.COM
    US Phone Support 1-800-978-7657
    UK Phone Support 0808 238 0026
    AU Phone Support 1-800-469-290

Web-chat is now available! You can visit the website: www.mp3helpdesk.com for online chat support.

Our Operations is available 24/7.

• Je
      9th of Nov, 2011

Help me download is a scam based in Great Britain. Yes. We weere scammed for $80 plus dollarsm received no service, had to cancel our card. I called the scammers to see why i had a charge..they had the gall to request more credit card info. Report them to your bank and credit card company. Maybe interpol can do something