HelpMeDownLoad.com / Unauthorised Direct Debit set up on my Bank Account

United States Review updated:
Do Not Under Any Circumstances
consider signing up with or even enquiring into joining this internet download company www.helpmedownload.com. I First became aware of helpmedownload.com when my Bank contacted me to inform me I had gone over my overdraft limit. A payment for £47.95 had been debited from my account without my knowledge or permission and had taken me over my overdraft limit resulting in additional bank charges of £30.00. My bank were able to give me the details of the company and I contact them immediately. They had a account in my name with all of my correct details including email address, home address and debit card details. I have never opened an account with the company or even visited their website. When I demanded my account be cancelled they informed me I was outside the 7day cancellaiton period and was tied into a ongoing contact. I disputed this and after a very long expensive telephone conversation they agreed to cancel the account but would not refund the £47.50. Trying to remain civil I continued to persue a full refund and eventually it was agreed that if I paid a £5.00 Cancellaiton fee and a £5.00 money transfer fee the refund could be arranged and would take between 3 and 40!! working days. I am still waiting for the refund. I strongly advise that no-one consider signing up to this company or even visit their website. I am very concerned as to how they got my details and can only assume it was through illegal means.

A  18th of May, 2009 by
I downloaded Avast and it was supposed to only be a charge of $11 on my credit card and it ended up that Help Me Download.com charged me 90 some dollars and I didn't even visit their website.
N  7th of Jun, 2009 by
Hello Natasha and Mochasmummy,

I am a customer service representative of helpmedownload.com. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and for your negative experience. Regarding the charges that you got, we will be more than happy to resolve the issue either via web chat below, or email, or calling our toll free number.

US Phone Support 1-800-978-7657
UK Phone Support 0808 238 0026
AU Phone Support 1-800-469-290

Web-chat is now available! You can visit the website: www.mp3helpdesk.com for online chat support.