HEB / horrible pharmacy

201 North FM 685, Pflugerville, TX, United States Review updated:

The pharmacy at the heb in pflugerville located at pecan and 685 has absolutely no sense of urgency, or customer service.

I went to get some antibiotics that I was prescribed for a tooth infection. This wasn't something that needed to be filled. They simply needed to grab the z-pack and hand it to me. Instead they insisted that I come back in 30 minutes.

I waited 45 minutes and came back. I thought since I was in so much pain, I should just go through the drive-through in hopes to get my antibiotics as fast as possible.

You would think since there is two lanes that they would have the ability to assist two customers at once. I was sadly mistaken. While sitting in the 2nd land, I pressed the help button, and never received a response. Instead, I got to listen to the attendant chat with someone that was dropping. After about 5 minutes of no assistance the other customer finally drove off. At which point, it took an additional 7 minutes for them to give me my prescription.

What made me even more upset, is the fact that another customer drove through the other lane which was the window lane, and was helped, and left before I got my prescription...

I had to sit in my car for a total of 12 plus minutes in severe pain to get something that should have taken them a few minutes to provide me when I originally came in.

I don't know what else to say, except, that is absolutely the worst pharmacy I have ever been to. It's a shame that it's the closest pharmacy to me... Daca4

Comments

• Su
      Sep 15, 2010

Your complaint is invalid as
    1. Federal law does not allow prescriptions to be given out without a label. No pharmacy can just "hand" you the drug.
    2. prescriptions take time...first you have to wait for the people who have handed in prescriptions ahead of you, then someone types it, the pharmacist checks for interactions, and then the label can be made, then the drug and label are checked for accuracy, then the receipt is printed out IF there is no insurance issue. THEN it can be bagged and given to you.

Sure, it can take as little as 5 minutes if
    1. no phones ring
    2. no one else has a prescription waiting to be done
    3. no one needs a counsel at the counseling window
    4. no one else is picking up a medication at the same time.
    5. no one else is dropping off a medication at the same time

Prescriptions are not french fries. Pharmacies are not fast food restaurants.

Yes, there are pharmacies that are inefficient and slow, but the one you are talking about seems like it was fine, it was your expectations that were out of whack.

• Aq
      Jun 25, 2011

I strongly in agreement with this writer on the absolutely horrible way that HEB runs their pharmacies. I have never seen such mismanagement, rudeness and unethical acts as I have seen within the pharmacies at HEB. I was once a customer and because of such actions I switched to another pharmacy. Two years later got a new prescription and thought I'd give them another chance. But no, got there two hours before closing for some pain medication for my husband who had just had surgery. And if you can believe this...they actually told me they couldn't do it within the two hours before closing but that I should find another pharmacy. And I did. Piece of cake at Walgreens. Helpful, courteous and punctual. I HATE the pharmacies at HEB. Why can't Mr. Butts hear and see these complaints and DO something about it????

• Go
      Feb 18, 2015

I completely agree! Susan, you are assuming there is only one pharmacist and one pharmacy tech, available to help customers, but in a city as large as Pflugerville there are normally at least 10-15 techs and 2 - 3 pharmacist. I've had so many problems with their pharmacy it's ridiculous! I've had them hand me my script, I get in my car take a look at my meds and realized they'd short counted my pills. I now count them BEFORE I pay. Of course the one time I was in a hurry I got home and looked at my bottle and it had all my correct info, med name etc. But when I opened the bottle I noticed it was NOT the med I've been taking for the last 6+yrs. I had to call my Dr to make sure he didn't switch me to something else. He of course didn't, he then asked for the description of the pill, and told me it was incredibly strong epilepsy medication! !! Of course I'm not epileptic, so if this was a new script, or I had just trusted the pharmacist I would probably be dead right now! Not only did they not admit their mistakes they are constantly arguing with my me and my Dr about my meds. They think they now more about me then my own DR! What's worse is there's never the same people working!