Heartland America / poor service!

Below is a copy of an email I sent them after talking with one of their their rude c. s. reps. they really should refer to them as customer obstruction and frustration reps. another example of no service after the sale. (the item was defective right out of the box)

Email to company:

I received some merchandise from you on friday which turned out to be defective. I called your "customer service" saturday to get more information on returning the product. because the product was sent defective to me I should not have to pay additional costs to return it. that is common sense. one of your representatives who called herself angie was very rude and offered absolutely no help. she was argumentative and had no alternative solutions such as me shipping the item and you would have another out in the mail immediately. that is good customer service. now, i'm not interested in dealing with your company any further, and be assured I will tell anyone who will listen how you deal with customers after the sale. obviously any company can sell products but when there is a problem only the best companies will bring the issue to a fair compromising resolution.
I am returning this package and apparently will have to pay to have it shipped back. thanks for a perfectly sucky experience!

Comments

• De
      13th of Nov, 2008

I received defective merchandise and Heartland wants me to pay more to get a new phone. I have tried to talk to customer service, but have been told by 3 very rude representatives that they know their job better than I do and then proceeded to hang up on me. Unbelievable. Now I am sending back the phone and I will NO longer purchase anything from this company. Buyers beware!

14th of Jun, 2009

Ordered one item; Heartland tried (unsuccessfully), to charge my Google checkout account for two others items I had...in my cart! After several e-mails complaining to their customer services about this unusual procedure..This company, nevertheless, sent me two items, and asked me to pay for all three items. I refused and told their customer services that I will never pay for the return of items I did not ordered. After countless e-mails, they finally agreed and I will never shop with this company.

• Da
      21st of Apr, 2012

never order stuff from this company!!! recently i placed an order for all purpose speaker syst. They sent me a cheap radio made in china, call them back to return it and it cost me more than the stupid radio itself!! The customer service dept. is the worse. The company name shoul change to HEARTLESS AMERICA!!