Heartland America / scam charges

I placed an order last night after a window popped up stating that the item I was looking at, if purchased right now today 6-25-09 qualified for free shipping. A very small discalimer under the item said some items would incure an oversize shipping charge. After purchasing I was hit with a order processing charge of 2.99 plus shipping charges of 12.95. Today when going back to their sight the oversized shipping charge is listed at 4.95.

When I called to ask for my free shipping as advertised, I was told that the item I purchased is oversize as the the charges will not be adjusted, I said that I should only have to pay the oversize charge that my purchase
Said free shipping today only... After getting disconected 4 times asking for a superviser the supeviser girl said there was nothing she was going to do, that the shipping and handling charges would remain. But she did admit that the pop up ad "purchase now window for free shipping" was a problem. She just could not do anything about it and if I wanted to complain I could write a mr. Richard winters. Very shady, no regard for the customer, deceiving practices, poor customer service, false and misleading ads... I will never purchase from them again! Ever!

Al

Comments

• As
      21st of Feb, 2010

Its no surprise. If you buy any product make that IS a local purchase or you'll lose your money. They operate within the law because is not a felony scamming you out of $19.99 and the big ### corporation has long and slippery arms, as she can squeeze the consumer.
    THEY HAVE BEEN IN BUSINESS FOR MORE THAN 15 YEARS AND CONGRESS KNOWS ABOUT THEIR DECEPTION AND YET WOULD LET THEM CONTINUE TO BE A "NASTY PIMPLE". I WOULD NOT EVER DO BUSINESS WITH THEM. Run the word of moutyh to your family & friends and watch it thin out and disappear!!!

• Em
      11th of Jan, 2012

Heartland America should be made to change their name to "Buyer Beware". Please think twice before making any purchases from this crummy company. The merchandise (two laptops) I received from them just before X-mass, were of horribly inferior quality and not what was represented in writing or pictured in catalog. One was broken and both were filthy dirty (used) and just simply nasty! I spoke with a manager from Heartland when I wanted to return them, and received a big "run a round" about shipping back and getting a refund. This Grandma on a budget, trying to do a nice thing for her two Grandchildren, is sad and embarrassed. Fool me once Heartland, but not twice. Shame on you!

• Om
      5th of Apr, 2012

DITTO!!!

DECEPTION is their BUSINESS MODEL

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS OUTFIT!