Healthinsurance.com / Trying to scam me into getting insurance through them

United States Review updated:
3.75
From the tone of this company's salespreson and aggressive nature, i suspect this company was into scamming. The got my number online as i was looking for insurance quotes.

I thus told ehealthinsurance.com several times i am not interested in getting health insurance this year. However they continue to call a week after i told them so. Different callers call every time. I am convinced this is a scam operation. Every time they call they have a cheaper premium offer to make me when i told them from the outset i am not interested.
E

Comments

Pe
  4th of Aug, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I would not buy from ehealthinsurance. I received a quote of $132 a month for health insurance. It sounded too good to be true so I called to confirm this was correct. I was told it could go up when it goes through underwriting if I had medical problems. I am completely healthy and I have no prexisting conditions yet they charged my credit card $198 and the only explanation they can give is the quote is not correct. I now have to wait 7-10 days to receive my money back!! Just a word of advice if it looks too good to be true it is!
Co
  1st of Dec, 2010
Same thing happened to me.
Total waste of time.
I may bill them for the time I wasted filling out forms on their site.
De
  5th of Sep, 2012
It's unfortunate that you had a negative experience. Mine was quite the opposite, I was able to find good coverage for $440 less than my ex-employer COBRA of $650. I know of at least 3 others who had a positive experience.
Ss
  5th of Sep, 2012
Agree Disagree -2 Votes
The quotes ehealhinsurance gives are the same as if you went through the insurance companies directly, and increase because of the individual companies, not because of ehealthinsurance. Maybe before writing a negative comment people should know what they are talking about. Re: the first comment, umm salespeople are aggressive, they got your number online because you provided it.
Ps
  24th of Sep, 2012
That is why it is so important to use licensed insurance agents in you area instead of relying on a website. Go to www.nahu.org to find reputable, licensed agents in your area.
Pe
  8th of Nov, 2012
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
I agree with P Stiffler's comment about the advatnages of using a local and licensed insurance broker. I have grave concerns about the way ehalthinsurance.com runs their business and how they service the marketplace. They are not consultaitve and just want to sell you a policy. Their agents on the telephone are not all licensed so they can give you a lot of misleading information. Let the buyer beware. Find an agent who will look ater your needs and not just sell you something. I acknowledge that sometimes ehalthinsurance might fitxomeon'es needs, but why take the risk of working with a company that delivers misleading infrormation and does not doanythingto redress their error???
Pr
  23rd of Mar, 2013
Ehealth insurance is the Nations Largest Online Insurance Broker. They set up a system with Plan Presciber so you can easily compare plans in your area, on your own. There is a box that pops up that states. "If you need assistance, and would like to have an licensed agent contact you. Fill in your information". This prompts a call for a Licensed agent to call you. Everyone you talk to is licensed in all 50 states including. DC. The agents are paid on salary, and will do a needs analysis for FREE. If your needs fit a plan in your area, then they will be happy to give you a plan with what the company you chose, offers. Just as you were to use a licensed agent in the company. All agents are recorded, and follow CMS guidelines, all rules and regulations. A field agent doesn't record the calls, and they are paid by commission. A field agent is more likely to push into something. Because they are on commissions and if they only offer one product. They will push that product. Do your research people, there are many satisfied returning customers. And some companies will route your call to Ehealth to use the licensed agent when their agents get busy.
Lo
  15th of May, 2013
Agree Disagree -2 Votes
I did not enjoy my overall experience with ehealthinsurance.com at all. Be very careful if you deal with them.

My complaint is not with the people who I talked with on the phone. My problem is with ehealthinsurance.com as a company and the insurance company from whom I bought insurance!
So
  11th of Jul, 2013
I filled out an application for a quote, including dental and the insurance agent denied they would withdraw funds until August 1, 2013 my anticipated start date. Today is July 11, 2013 and they already took out the money! Another representative was quite rude when she informed me against applying for different quotes, notifying me I could get multiple charges and double the quoted premiums without agreeing to the cost AND exclusions they could set forth. She told me I failed to read the small print authorizing this withdrawal. This site is quite misleading to the general consumer and I would call the individual company, as well as request written information about premium hikes coming in January.
Su
  30th of Sep, 2013
Last May (2013) I purchased a health plan from e-insurance. To start, the plan became active 6 weeks latter than stated and the hospital of choice / MD would not accept the policy. Consequently, On 6-24-13, I cancelled the policy in writing (USP) and via email. Presently, I have been receiving bills from Horizon stating I owe them money for the entire length of the policy.
Horizon BCBS told me they never received my initial check or the cancellation information.
When I talk to e-Insurance all they will commit to is sending a note to Horizon.
They will not commit to cancelling this policy.
Also they take no responsibility for the lost check. Horizon never receive it from
e-Insurance and my bank has no record of it being cashed.
This situation has also negatively affected my credit rating.
This experience w/ eInsurance has been a Nightmare that I never wake up from.
I strongly discourage anyone from using their services.
Eg
  29th of Oct, 2014
I would stay away from ehealthinsurance.com

I sign up with them. Then 2 days later I had fraud on my account. They tired to use it for 900.00 at home dept and then at a smart and final. I use my card at regular place unit I use it at ehealthinsurance.com that when it went in hell with my card.
Ma
  13th of Mar, 2015
Most of you people with your negative complaints about eHealth sound uneducated and ignorant. You should probably think about what you are complaining about because you sound stupid and no one cares. I take responsibility for my own decisions in my life. I don't make a mistake and try to blame someone else for my lack of knowledge.
Ma
  13th of Mar, 2015
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
BTW... It's eHealth insurance not ehalthinsurance. Example of the lack of intelligence and sense of entitlement. Nothing in life is free people... Hello!!!
Ke
  8th of Oct, 2015
Don't do business with this company!!! Don't do business with this company!!! They have tricky wording in the fine print. Went to cancel my policy. They said they need 10 days notice. So, ok. Then they still bill me an entire month because they don't bill partial months. So I am wasting an entire months premium because I already have other coverage. So I am out $500. I will continue to post this everyone I can.
Ra
  16th of Oct, 2015
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I went online to ehealthinsurance.com and filled out their form. Not thinking clearly, I gave them my phone number. For two days, I had agents all over the US calling me non-stop. I contacted ehealthinsurance, they said I should have read the fine print. There was nothing I could do but change my phone number. I refuse to do business with them or anyone associated with them.

Healthinsurance.com Logo Healthinsurance.com