Heald College / They care more for $$$ than helping u

Fresno, CA, United States Review updated:

if YOU decide to go to heald college..think again...U MUST READ THIS!!!

IT WAS A BIG MISTAKE GOING TO HEALD!!!

Their advisor will tell U any lie to get you in. PLEASE NOTE: The ADVISOR are the salesman...salesman tells lie...
--The advisor told me I can take a leave of absense no matter the situation.
--I can change from morining class to night class if anything comes up.
--I can take online class.
--I can get a $100 gas card if I refer a friend.
--I can get my degree in 2 years.

ALL ARE LIES!!
--The advisor lied about being able to take a leave of absense (LOA) for the quarter. The only reason your program director can grant u a LOA is w/dr. note or military duty...ADVISOR=LIERS!!!

--I can't change from moring to night class...because all morning classes are FULL. The only time I can get in the morining class is IF there's an opening, that's what the student services told me...PRETTY STUPID HE SOUNDS LIKE HE DOESN'T EVEN WANT TO HELP ME.

--Yes, i can take online class if they cannot work w/my work schedule...BUT IT COST $125 more per class and per quarter..., which your loans or finanal aid doesn't cover...WHICH THEY DIDN'T TELL ME THAT IT WILL NOT COVER!!! These are the hidden fee!!! BEWARE. out of my pocket in a year i own $1300.
--i refer a friend to heald and was "suppose" to get my $100 gas card...BUT NO...everytime I ask them about it their excuse is "we ran out but we'll place a order for you." ###! LIERS! they just want more $$$ to come in but doesn't follow through w/their words!! !LIERS!! i ASK couple of students and they were given the same excuse.

--after graducating...i have to come back for another year to get my degree. This is how they keep you coming back so their $$$ keeps coming in...SUCH LIERS!!! the 2 years that i was working so freaking hard was to get an "applied in learning degree"--meaning brain knowlegde only...not a degree !!!

So with a total of $27, 000 in loan that i own, now i still have to go back to get my degree, which will total up to $35, 000. That's only LOANS! they have so many hidden fees that they won't tell you about n those hidden fees have to b pay out of your pocket.

For example, if you take a LOA "before' the quarter ends you will own then thousand of dollars. They don't want to help you. If you don't know and choose to take the LOA during the quarter and when you decide to come back there will be a huge amount of bills you'll have to pay b4 re-enrolling. When you talk to them, they won't give you better suggestion like "it's best if you finish the quarter first b4 taking the LOA, that way you won't own any $$." BUT NO! THE MORE YOU OWN THEM...THE MORE $$$ THEY GETS.

HEALD COLLEGE IS NOT ABOUT HELPING YOU GET A BETTER FUTURE...IT'S ABOUT GETTING MORE $$$ IN AND CONTINUE MAKING MORE $$$ TO COME IN...

Comments

• Ve
      May 20, 2010
    Heald College - Over charging students
    Heald College
    California

Hello to everyone in here who have been victimized by Heald. I also atteded Heald in 2017 to 2017 and didn't get my degree due to a big misunderstandings, confusion, and lies by ALL staff from Heald. I am not going to go through the whole story because it just angers me to much. All I can say is that now I owe over $2, 000 to Heald and they are now in collection, on top of my $15, 000 student loans. I did exit Heald not owing them a dime and all my loans where through Citi Bank. How did they come up with me owing them over $2, 000??
    I am going to talk to a lawyer and will like for your support, if anyone here would like to join me and get answers please email me at [protected]@yahoo.com. I appreciate it and God bless.

• Le
      Oct 31, 2010

Hello, I am introducing myself, how are you? Well, I have been attending Heald since 2017 and 2017 is my graduation date in Jan. So I am looking forward to extra bad news from these people at this school. I hope to here back from you as soon as possible. Thnak you, Leslie C.

• Jm
      Jan 12, 2011

With this BAD ECONOMY even Heald knows you don't have leverage against their lies and greed.

• Bv
      Jan 29, 2011
    Heald College - no financial aid
    Heald College
    Stockton
    California

I have had the hardest time trying to get information on my financial aid, first I was told that my second quarter I over spent so I wasn't going to get financial aid so I said ok. My third quater was never processed and who knows what's happening with my fourth and fifth quarters. When I requested my excess funds back (in Oct.) I was told it would take 10 weeks to receive it well here we are almost feburary and still nothing! I would not recommend Heald to anyone now I'm stuck playing back and forth with the financial aid department not knowing what to do. If anyone has any suggestions I'm open to hearing it.

• Im
      Jan 29, 2011

The College may be receiving state or federal funding. If it is not a privately funded college, then you should carefully document your problems in a letter to your State Representative. The emphasis on earning a college degree pushes politicians to pay careful attention to ear-marked funds. Any institution that can be CUT OUT of the funding will enlarge your politicians free cash. He/she will assign an aide to look over the circumstance and take appropriate actions. Their main concern is to give YOU the satisfaction you need to stay in school and get your degree. No dropping out!!! So use your clout. Call the State Rep and howl at the moon over this injustice.

• Ms
      Mar 29, 2011
    Heald College - Tuition
    Heald College Stockton
    Stockton
    Phone: 2094735200

I enrolled in June and was given a set amount for tuition and I was told that I would have a set amount and that it would not go up. However I was told this quarter that my tuition would be increasing and there is nothing I can do about it. The guy who advised me it would not go up has been terminated for the false information. My number is 2099387277

• Cr
      May 18, 2011

I am a returning student to Heald. I came back to finish my CJ degree. I filled out my Fi aid in October of 2017, and I started back in january. It's now MAY and I have yet to receive any of my aid. My pale grants came in, but nothing else. I was asking about it about twice a month, and was told in april that someone !canceled! My loan application 2 months before! I had to redo the entire thing. It's closer to the end of may, then not. And still not a dime.

• Cr
      Jun 17, 2011

I don't know what to say, I might be a lil off topic, but to be honest I am a heald student too and YES it sucks there!! I got my Cal grant and when i went to the FA office to ask if I can get it for the next qtr, they were like no.. Heald doesnt take cal grants anymore .. like WTF!??!!
    I so want to complaint but I dont know where or who to go to.. any suggestions?

• Ra
      Aug 15, 2011

I attended heald college for 2 years and just graduated a month ago. In my 2 years of attendance I had multiple issues with the school.
    First, I went in for my assesment and to fill out financial aid paperwork in april but told my advisor I didnt want to start til the July quarter. I never recieved a tour of the campus but I was rushed around to fill out financial aid and take the assesment tests. They enrolled me full time for april quarter (should of been july) and after a phone call in late may asking why I didnt show up to my classes, I had to argue this for over 4 months to clear it up and be refunded and reset my GPA. I was given backpack and school supplies and almost died of stick shock when i saw how badly they rip off us students!!
    Secondly, depending on your loans, you recieve a check every quarter and i didnt recieve my 2nd quarter check til 4th quarter. I needed to take a break from school so i filled out all the paperwork 2 weeks early and was reassured multiple times that it would not effect my 4.0 GPA. So I come back after my quarter off to find 5 F's on my transcript and a 3.5 GPS because one teacher said that i attended one of her classes (upon meeting with this teacher she stated she never seen me before) I made Heald college remove the F's and reset my GPA to 4.0 (again!) When I came back from my break I was told i had to sign a attendence agreement and pay $100.00 out of pocket(out of $800.00 total) until they figured things out beacuse of my recent 5 F's on my transcript. A few weeks later I look at my transcript to find that they changed my F's to Withdraws (withdraws=you showed up to a class and dropped out for no reason) which potential employer take it as a sign of unresponsible/lazy/unreliable person! So that was another couple months argument that I made them correct and was told I couldnt recieve my $100.00 until i get my NEXT quarters check.
    Last but not least, on 2 different occasions I had to talk with my advisor that the a few of the classes that they scheduled me for, I not only already took, but i got 100% in all those classes!
    I am almost ashamed to put them on my resume and I would encourage ANYONE who is condisering heald college to re-consider! MTI was voted the best Vocational College for a reason and have a 91% job placement rate! Heald is actually the most expensive vocational college with the worst reputation and job placement rate.

• Li
      May 30, 2012

when i was there tuition went up 3 time bull ###

• Li
      May 30, 2012

i have 30, 000 to pay abck in studen loans it sucks and it not fair when there dreege are not worth the paper they are printed on

• Jp
      Jul 23, 2012

Tuition is going up and they told me this TWO days before school starts for this quarter. I have been there since january 2017 going part time because i work full time. Now i need to postpone this quarter or pay $825-$1375 every three months. Absolutely rediculous and not what i signed up for

• De
      Aug 23, 2012

I rely on my excess loans to get me by through the three months that I am in school.. bills gas food etc. I was expecting a refund check and when I went to inquire about when I should expect it or if there was anything I should do, they said I was fine and would get some back (First week of July 2017 quarter). I went this week on Monday and they told me that I OWED money and that I would not be receiving money back at all. I got my electricity turned off, I have no way of paying for gas, and I WAS NEVER GIVEN AN OPTION TO STAYW ITH HEALD OR GO TO ANOTHER COLLEGE BECAUSE OF THE INCREASE! I WAS NEVER EVEN TOLD until I went to pick up my check. Very sad. I am now on the verge of being homeless and all they can do is tell me to call a 800 number for the care program but another student I know got a refund check of 1, 600. Really sad. Please let me know what it is that I did to get treated this way because I really am interested. I don't feel like this is a personal attack, no, but I do feel that if they were more in tune with students they would see that I get a large amount back and now I won't get anything they should e-mail my personal (or Heald) account to let me know or even call me. They can call me endlessly to tell me that school is starting but they can't send out an automated call informing students tuition went up? Please have someone contact me ASAP

• Ab
      Nov 30, 2012

I have come back to Heralds to finish up my education and I filled out my financial aid application and i was except . I waiting for my check and never got it as a full time student that has been attending school, i don't miss my class have good grade and still i would not receive my check, i had to keep on going and asking what is going on and finally receive one check, it has been 3 month that they are giving me the run around saying that i owe them and i showed them that i don't, every day i go in and ask they say you will get it on Wednesday and not thing.The stress that they have put me through unbearable. i need help to get what i deserve and is rightfully mine.

• Jd
      Jul 16, 2014

I agree im 35, 000 In debt and thats with my grants and still no job after graduating 1 1/2 years ago.