Hands N Paws / No way to contact, merchandise not received

After several attempts to contact this company by email, and one month after having paid for a pet carrier, I have neither my item nor an explanation from the company. My credit card was IMMEDIATELY charged for the merchandise, with no follow up from Hands N Paws as to when I might expect delivery of the pet carrier. There is no phone number included in their website, and no customer service contact person with whom one can call to discuss any problems. The "email us" with any problems section is bogus, as no one responds to your queries.

I have contacted my credit card company for a full refund.

This company is a scam and should be investigated.

Comments

11th of Feb, 2008
    Hands N Paws - Lack of Professionalism
    Hands N' Paws
    3219 EAST CAMELBACK ROAD; #824
    Phoenix
    Phone: 602-522-8300
    www.handsnpaws.com/

I ordered a pet carrier through this company. It took 2 months to ship, and then was returned to the company. I emailed their company to let them know of the wasted time and effort put forth and this was my response:
    "WHere's the RMA number please for the return? We don't recognize packages shipped goodness knows where outside the return policy. ALso, if you work, then get someone else to sign or sign the waiver like everyone else. It's not brain science and clearly spelled out on the site and the order confirmation. It's negligent for you not to read the terms and conditions and arrogant to think you can do your own thing. Make sure you tell the BBB that. We will.

feedback-form@mail.zoovy.com wrote:

Sender Email: sarlynn012@yahoo.com
    This package was returned to your store. Please reship and do not require a signature because I work during delivery times. I am extremely unhappy with this order due to the fact that it took almost 2 months to receive this item. I have tried to inquire about my order and got no response. I understand that your company was backed up over Christmas, yet I feel it was negligent to let an order take this long to process. This Sherpa carrier is available from other businesses that do not neglect their customers and can process orders in a professional timely manner. I will be contacting the Better Business Bureau about this. Thank you. "

• Kr
      20th of Mar, 2008

This compay is a fraud. I also have been a pawn in this game. I also ordered from them, for which my credit card was IMMEDIATELY charged and I too still do not have my pet carrier. I did however notice 2 other telephone numbers, both of which are no good and come under another name, they are as follows (if anyone wants to try them)
    Sophistication Alley 888-289-6385 / 602-522-8300. They may answer but are of no help and are extremely rude. I will be contacting my bank today to see what I can do to redeem my monies.

• Ad
      18th of Apr, 2008

I totally agree! They are absolutely terrible as their UNSATISFACTORY RATING ON THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU can attest:

Seriously, do not order from HandsnPaws aka Sophistication Alley, Ltd. You WILL be ripped off.

• St
      22nd of May, 2008

if only i thought to research this company before placing an order, they are so grossly horrible and i thought it was just our order but appears they make a living out of ripping people off. over a month of time went by while received a portion of our order while the second item was never shipped. upon requesting a tracking number they sarcastically told us they shipped separately 'if we actually read the packing list' (which we did already read and understand). we were informed it didn't ship because they didn't have a big enough box. later we were told it had been on backorder the entire time.

just communicating with this company is unprofessional enough. all seems fine to place an order but to get any customer service is impossible. they have an online system for sending emails to which they respond rudely. never ever expect to talk to them on the phone because it won't happen. their contact number is an answering service with 'strict instructions' to only take orders and the women taking calls sound as frustrated as the scammed customers. i see now in all their bizarre responses that it is all a game and not a productive resolution. they have affiliate sites that make things even more complicated, watch out!

our card was charged before items were shipped and i doubt we will get our refund for the item we never received.

somebody please stop this company! it is heartbreaking to order something for your dear pet and come home everyday excited for a box that will never show up. they seem to be doing this over and over and getting away with it despite their reputation and BBB rating.

• Li
      8th of Jun, 2008
    Hands N Paws - Lousy customer service
    www.handsnpaws.com

Customer Service Stinks! I ordered a dog collar in February, and never heard a word from them until April, at which time they charged my credit card and gave me a tracking number. The item was not shipped until a week and a half after they tracking number was e-mailed to me. I was able to contact them, and they apologized, and offered me a $10 off coupon for my next order. I was satisfied at that time that they were trying to make it up to me, so I again ordered another collar and a collar and leash set. These arrived 5 weeks later; however the collar and leash set was minus the leash. I was a little frustrated, and I let them know that I would like to return the collar part of the set for store credit (not a refund), and purchase another item of equal or lesser value. Little did I know that because I purchased with a coupon, nothing was returnable. They offered to send the leash, and give me another coupon! Wasn't going to fall for that one again. Whoever handles their e-mail replies pretty much insulted me by saying that I didn't "get it", and I then told him to keep his coupon, keep his leash, and I would reciprocate by never recommending them to ANYONE and give them all the BAD PRESS I could. He then had the nerve to e-mail me back and say that was extortion, which was against the law. Another thing... they close for every holiday they can think of... they are not reachable by telephone, and they take forever to answer e-mails. These people should be tarred and feathered and run out of town... I work for a manufacturing company, and we bend over backwards to satisfy our customers. We can't afford to have our customers go elsewhere. Maybe Hands N Paws can. All they had to do was let me return the collar and I would purchase additional items from them and be a somewhat happy customer. Instead they decided to be rude and obnoxious, and I had no choice but to go elsewhere and continue to spread the word on what a lousy company this is.

• Ke
      16th of Jul, 2008

hi,
    my husband placed an order online with hands and paws in az
    spending close to a hundred dollars and only half the order was shipped...he sent them an email telling them he was upset with the service and asking where the rest of the order was.
    he recieved an email back telling him
    "you sound like an idiot"
    nice company, at that point i have lost all patience...
    im calling the bbb and filing a report with them, hopefully other people read some of these before giving those thiefs any more of your hard earned money...they have absolutely no integrity, they dont have a land line, you have got to be kidding me.
    sincerely,
    kelly

• So
      15th of Aug, 2008

Does anybody know a way to contact hand n paws, I have placed an order and haven't got it yet. thank you

• So
      15th of Aug, 2008
    Hands N Paws - awfull service
    hand n paws
    72 wayside drive
    White Plains
    New York
    Phone: 914-338-3578

I have placed an order with hands n paws for a cat traveling carrier over 3 weeks ago, I have no tracking number because they haven't sent me one and I have no way of talking t anybody from the company in this manner. I am so frustrated, They are terrible I have to travel soon and I don't know what to do, they have chrged me already and I have nothing to carry my cat in. They are awfull and unconsiderate, the e-mail they have is utomatic no personal I am so pissed.

• Ke
      20th of Aug, 2008
    Hands N Paws - Horrific customer service
    Phoenix
    www.handsnpaws.com

SAVE YOURSELF THE HEADACHE - DO NOT ORDER FROM HANDS N PAWS!!! Cumbersome directions on the website indicates that if status of a "order" has not been moved in a queue for a week or more to contact the company via email which I did no less than 8 eight times without having received anything other than an automated response (which did not address my specific inquiry). Phone number listed on the website and subsequent searches revealed that all prior phone numbers have been disconnected and MANY posts as to similar complaints from many other consumers. One of the phone numbers I found for the company is an old number for what appears to be an attorney - enough said.

• Mr
      30th of Jan, 2009

The complaints made against this company are over a year old, and there is a new owner of this company. I must say that the new owners are working hard to fix their web page to be more usser friendly and improve their customer service. I had bought a pair of snow booties for my dog and they were not the ones I thought I had ordered. I tried for 2 weeks to get in touch with them, and finally not only got an email back, but a telephone call from them directly after. They were having problems with their web page, and the answering service they had been using were not doing a good job. I think they are going with a different service.

It was a rought start, but we finally got the return finalized. Once we made contact, I found this company to be warm, funny and willing to do whatever it took to make me happy. (not an easy task sometimes).

I not only got the refund, I have a new friend in Arizona. We even exchanged dog pictures, her's was way funnier than mine. This is now a family run business and they are trying hard to erase the bad name the previous owners gave this company.

I highly recommend this company for you pet needs. If you email them, they respond quickly and follow up with a phone call. Super nice folks. I am 100% satisfied with them.

I say give them a chance because they were not the owners of the company at the time all the complaints were made.

• He
      8th of Nov, 2009
    Hands N Paws - Poor service
    handsnpaws.com

WOW! What a WEB-site. One of the best with almost anything you could want for your puppy. However, I ordered stuff on 10-24 and its now 11-8 and no shipments. Emails requesting ship information have not been answered. According to the terms listed they can take up to 4 weeks or longer to ship. OK, you got me. We as consumers are accustomed to quick shipments. We do not check the T & C for everything we order. I will never order from these folks again. I just hope I get what I have already ordered and paid for.