Halco Management / Illegally kept office rental deposit

1 11040 SANTA MONICA BLVD., #400, Los Angeles, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 310-477-0110

In Sept. 2009, I rented an office from them on a 6 month lease and pre-paid four months PLUS 2 months refundable security. they had to install NEW carpets prior to my move in in 09/09 as the existing ones were not cleanable per them. Months went by when I wasn't there, and, I have emails and texts from them asking if I was okay, and if I was 'ever going to actually USE the office' as well as referring to me as "stranger" as I was there less than TEN hours total over the four month period I had the lease with them.
In January 2010, due to no clients from our bad economy, I inquired what would be the fees and even if I could be allowed to be released from the lease. they were very accommodating and we agreed upon an amount ($1293.00), AND, they got a new tenant SO fast, I had one day to get out!

not only can they not charge for that due to 'normal wear and tear' laws, but I HAVE PROOF THOSE CARPETS WERE IMMACULATE AND DIDN'T EVEN NEED VACUUMING!
according to CA law, they now owe me DOUBLE THE AMOUNT I PAID.
they do not return calls, emails and UPS letters signed for by them...AND, after I signed the lease, the agent, Greg Naufal, said, "the owner is a real ###"... I told him, as long as he refunds me my money, I don't care WHAT he is - now I know why he said it - to mess with my head.

Comments

• Mi
      4th of Feb, 2011

I was their tenant for 3 years, I had a residential unit as well as an office unit. Treatment was very courteous, repairs were taken care of promptly, and I got all my security deposit back upon vacating my units. Would rent from them again, anytime.

• Ki
      31st of Aug, 2016
    HALCO MANAGEMENT - They do not return calls, emails and UPS letters signed for by them
    HALCO Management

out of nowhere, I get a check from them for $1095.00 and it said they had kept $195.00 for carpet cleaning'! so, I returned it.

according to CA law, they now owe me DOUBLE THE AMOUNT I PAID.

They do not return calls, emails and UPS letters signed for by them...AND, after I signed the lease, the agent, Greg Naufal, said, "the owner is a real ###"... I told him, as long as he refunds me my money, I don't care WHAT he is - now I know why he said it - to mess with my head. I now consider that to have been a THREAT.

• Ar
      1st of Jun, 2018

I rented from them for 2 years they tried raising my rent by 10% so I didn't renew my lease, I left the place in cleaner and better condition then I found it and they still did not give me back my security deposit. Crooks