Gurus2go / Poor ethics!

1 Knoxville, TN, United States Review updated:

This company likes to hire contractors then find reasons to not pay them for the work they perform. The management will tell outright false statements about customer complaints and loss of business then tell you they are not going to pay the service tech. If you want to work for free then call them. They will use very mean and aggressive tactics to get you to go away, they will even threaten you with a lawsuit if try to pursue them for your compensation. They told my friend that they were not going to pay unless she sued them. When you said she would they sent her a letter threatening her with a law suit for damaging their reputation. This is one of those companies that thinks they can use people and get away with it because most tech have limited resources and can not afford to get a lawyer.

Comments

• Mi
      30th of Mar, 2009

I am having a similar problem as a guru. I was late to a job site due to the fact that the paperwork could not be downloaded, so G2G decided to reduce my pay, which was not part of our agreement. I have contacted the president of Gurus 2 Go and will let you know the result of my complaint. My best advice would be to follow the general rule of advertising and tell as many people your story as possible. Word of mouth can be a valuable tool.

• Gu
      31st of Mar, 2009

Mr. Shatswell, if you feel we have breached a contract with you then you should contact an attorney in this $25.00 dispute. Gurus2go assigned this specific job to you on February 19th, 2009 for an appointment on March 24th. The specific instructions sent to you indicated

***PLEASE DOWNLOAD ATTACHED INSTRUCTIONS.*** Gurus2Go WILL CONTACT YOU PRIOR TO APPOINTMENT TIME FOR REVIEW This is a time specific appointment. This service requires assisting in a presentation. You cannot be late as there can be up to 50 people waiting on your arrival. If you have any questions please call Gurus2go" The attachments were available at that time for your review.

When Gurus2go contacted you the day before this appointment you indicated your were good to go for the appointment, when in fact you were not. 20 minutes before the appointment you called and indicated you were having problems printing the instructions. At that time your were at least 30 minutes travel time from the location of service.

During your service for Gurus2go you completed 31 requests for service without any payment issues. The fact that we withheld $25 from your payment due to the fact your tardiness severly jepordized our relationship with this large, national customer quite frankly deserved more severe action on our part but to be fair to you we paid the majority of the cost of your services.

Lastly the services agreement you agreed to speicifally allows for much more severe action:
    …Subcontractor shall arrive at Client’s site no later than the time specified on the Service Request Notification to perform the service required and further agrees to promptly notify Gurus2Go of the Subcontractors on-site status by calling into the interactive voice response systems as outlined in the standard instructions provided by Gurus2Go. Subcontractor agrees that time shall be of the essence and understands that damage to Gurus2Go may result from failure to respond in a timely fashion …

As a contractor to Gurus2go, we have the right to pick and choose which companies we work with as partners and represent us well in the market to our customers. Your service on this specific request did not meet neither our or our customers clearly stated expectations. Futhermore your inability to accept responsibility clearly presents our case that your services are no longer required.

Sincerely,

J.D. Bryant
    President
    Gurus2go, LLC

• Ph
      31st of Mar, 2009

I am a contractor for Gurus2Go, and I close out my service requests ON TIME and send in paper work WHEN FINISHED and I have NEVER had an issue with payment, and I've done well over 100 jobs for them.

You do as you're asked and you get what is agreed upon. If you expect anything else then your a horrible business person/contractor. If agreements are made and you can't follow through, why on Earth should you get whatever you want?

• Mi
      17th of Feb, 2010

Gurus2Go,

Thank you for proving my point with regard to that threat. The reason I was running late was because you were not able to provide me with the necessary paperwork to leave for the site. You provide what you are supposed to and if you do not, how can you expect me to do what I am asked? You are the person(not the entire company) who cannot follow simple instructions, so why on Earth should you expect to get whatever YOU want?

2nd of Jul, 2010

DO NOT WORK FOR ANY OUT OF STATE CONTRACTORS. Its simple, just do not work for them. They are stealing your business. You could have those leads, all you have to do is utilize the internet for marketing because thats what these middlemen do. Put up a basic website with your local keywords city + serviceprovided and get it ranked in google. You will start getting these calls and you WILL see that their leads generated in the area drop significantly. The plus to this is no more headaches from contractors who hassle you and you get all of the money, not a tiny percentage of it. Do not support Barrister or Gurus2Go or any of the other companies.

- Owner of a computer repair business

• Yo
      19th of Feb, 2012

I have had a similar expperience as a contractor for gurus2go, onforce, barrister, and servicelive. These companies are all very approachable and friendly when they are soliciting you to work for them. They are far less diligient when it comes time to reimburse the subcontractor. I also have the advantage of having been an employee of Barrister. I know the inner workings of these organizations and can tell you without a doubt that subcontractors are a disposable resource. In addition, I can also attest to the fact that, despite claims otherwise, the only 'screening' that is done of subcontractors is wether or not they are a warm body wiolling to say yes. There is no varification of skillsets, qualifications, ect... Lastly, it is very common for these companies to ask yourself to misrepresent yourself as being an employee of some other company when dealing with the enduser. They go so far as asking you not to drive a vehicle with your company logo, ect... They are not only being dishonest with their subcontractors, they are also making promises they cannot keep to the entities that contract them. Unfortunatley, I will still take the chance and accept the odd call because the economy has hurt my business so badly. I am currently waiting for payment from Gurus 45 days after service completion on 3 calls.