Gtahotels.com / Canceled reservation after full payment

1 330 West 38th Street SuiteNY, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-888-210-2543

Had gotten a week's worth of Hawaii hotel reservation for our anniversary. I get an email from them using the email address (noreply@gtahotels.com - so I can't even reply back with anything) saying that the reservation had been canceled blaming their "supplier's website" for placing the wrong pricing on their website. I tried calling them and they said that their headquarters are in Singapore or Turkey and they can't do anything. So I created an online Ticket/Complaint through their site. Its been over 15 hours now and no response. I have my plane tickets and no hotel.

Hotels are now more expensive than before and even though gtahotels.com offered a hotel reservation at cost to them, there is no email to ask for this deal or phone number to call for it... Apparently 170 customers were affected during this "technical glitch". Could just hope for a class action suite so they learn their lesson.

Ar

Comments

30th of Jan, 2009

I'm with you with that class action suit... my mission right now is to advise the public about how this company scams their costumers!!! They've ruined our vacation and the vacation of many others. My friend called directly in Turkey to speek to the owner but he or she never wanted to speek on the phone. Usually, you want to make sure your customers are well treated and satisfied but I guess for this company it is not the case!!! I've sent a bunch of e-mails to Caroline (customer care manager of gtahotels) @ agentinfo@gtahotels.com and filed a complaint with BBB.org, www.consumer.state.ny.us/default.htm and the complaints board. I would never rebook with them even if they offer the accomodation for free in fear of arriving at my destination just to find out I no longer have a room available.

• Mo
      3rd of Feb, 2009
    gtahotels.com - Did you find a deal at GTAHotels.com
    GTAHotels.com
    New York
    New York

Did you find a deal at GTAHotels.com. DON’T COUNT ON IT!! It may be canceled and refunded in a couple of weeks. We have our trip plan on this hotel and they have cancel our hotel. Refunded our money and no news on what can be done. They did not stand on their Terms and Conditions. We are stuck with 2 plan tickets non re-fundable.

7th of Feb, 2009

I also been scamed by this travel agency. they told me that they were very sorry and they would rebook my hotel at there cost plus a 5% discount on top of that. This sounded like a good deal until they quoted me the price, it was the same if not higher that the other companies. I feel that this was a bait and switch scam that they pulled. I will never do buisness with this shady companie again and warn everybody about gtahotels.com

• Gt
      28th of May, 2009

Dear Joline

Thank you for your comments. As I posted on this sitev 65 days ago in relation to your same complaint;

It would be nice to update that as per my e.mail to you dated 26th Feb 2009

'' I am pleased to be able to confirm your reservation for 2 rooms at the Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel for the period of 29-Mar-2009 to 11-Apr-2009 .''

It was very pleasing that we found a solution to your complaint.

We are a well established company and over the years we have helped millions of clients to book their hotel accommodation at the best possible rates on the internet.

We have also been members of the BBB since 2006 and have a very satisfactory record with them. Over the past 12 months we have a total of 2 complaints recorded with the BBB and these have both been resolved. You can check our report through the Better Business Bureau members pages.

We received a letter from the BBB dated 12th January 2009 thanking us for our participation and contributions to the effort of the BBB - Hardly a letter that would be sent to a company that was not reputable

Caroline
    Customer Care manager
    Gtahotels.com
    caroline@gtahotels.com

• Ap
      22nd of Jun, 2010

I just had exactly the same experience. Gtahotels took 400 euros from my account before checking the rooms were available and when we called they said it would take a minimum of 7 days to return it. That's after our trip has begun and certainly after we will need to pay for a hotel. It doesn't seem a particularly complicated idea to check the availability of your own partner hotels before taking money from your clients. Caroline seems pretty smug that one successful resolution in a dozen complaints here (and there are no short supply of similar ones on other sites) constitutes being a reputable company. Not a great track record in my reckoning.