Great Expectations / false claims of match/dating

United States, Colorado, Denver Review updated:
Great Expectations
I signed up for Great Expectations in early March 2009. In my interview they showed me profiles of perspective males in my age range. I was given a break on enrollment if I paid up front using my credit card. I was then given a time to come back in to have my photo and video shoot. After my video shoot I was told that to get my photo ready for my profile that there was an additional fee. After my profile was posted that night I began my search and sent out about 5 invitations . I waited about a week and got 2 negative responses. I sent out 4 more invitations and got more negative responses. While others still have yet to respond. It has been more than a month and not one positive response. I have gone on to other FREE websites and used the same photos with emmediate response and have even met a few men. I know there are no guarantees in dating but there should be some sort of recourse when you don't get what you pay for. These companies are taking advantage of people and need to be stopped!!! If you know of anyone who is thinking about joining this group please tell them to do some research first. I know there are lawsuits in several states against Great Expectations. I'm not sure there are any favorable outcomes for clients of Great Expectations but if we can prevent anyone else from being taken maybe that's the best we can hope for.

A  16th of Jun, 2009 by
Total rip-off. I had a similar experience at their Dallas location. Showing me profiles of all these wonderful men to entice me into signing on the dotted line, only to get negative response after negative response to my invitations once I had paid in full and had my profile posted. I am a very attractive and successful woman and had more dates than I could handle on match.com and yahoo personals but was looking for a more professional, successful and serious minded person to build a long lasting relationship with. Two of the three gentlemen I went out with (and I use that term loosely) were alcoholics and the third was an ego maniac that I don't feel was honestly looking for a long term relationship. I wish I had done some research before my interview so I would not have been so gullible to their sales tactics. Unfortunately we often have to learn the hard way.