Gratitude Farms

Posted:

No refund of deposit

Gratitude Farms
East Bethel, Minnesota
We contracted with Gratitude Farms in May of 2011 to acquire a South African Boerboel puppy that had yet to be born. They required a $250 refundable deposit in order for us to reserve a puppy. They cashed my check, #6012, on May 10, 2011. Several months later we were contacted by Gratitude Farms. They indicated that the female dog had gone into labor. They then told us that only one puppy had been born. A day later they called us back to say that this single puppy had not survived. We had initially agreed to leave the contract in place in the hopes of acquiring a different puppy from Gratitude Farms. When it became clear that Gratitude Farms had no plans to offer another breeding in the near future, we asked that our $250 deposit be refunded. To this point in time, we have not received our refund. Phone calls and emails are not returned. We have since purchased the same breed of dog from another breeder. And so we have no need for a puppy from Gratitude Farms. All we require is for our $250 deposit to be returned to us, along with interest.
Complaint comments Comments (11)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Dog Breeders
More Gratitude Farms Complaints & Reviews
Gratitude Farms - Outrageous fee for my puppy! [1]

Comments

A  1st of Mar, 2012 by    +2 Votes
They also refused to refund my deposit. I initially reserved a puppy from a litter that was already on the ground in Dec 2011. I later requested that my deposit be transferred to the next litter. I was told that the next litter would occur in Jan 2012. In the fall of 2011 I contacted Tammy to inquire on the status of the breeding and was told that the breeding did not take but another one was planned for early 2012. I became concerned when the second of their two females was listed on their web site as being for sale as the other one had been listed previously. Tammy informed me that either the second female would be sold with puppies back or one of their co owned females would be used. I was not comfortable with this and requested my deposit be returned. This was denied. I also was never informed of the Summer breeding or even the possibility of one despite being on the waiting list longer than the original poster
N  17th of Mar, 2012 by    +1 Votes
That sounds like a very shady operation. They sound completely unprofessional. I hope you get your money back. Try sending a certified letter demanding your refund. If that doesn't work, try small claims court. You can sue them for more than your $250 for your time and inconvenience. Don't let them get you.
A  23rd of Jan, 2013 by    +2 Votes
Consider yourself lucky. We have had 2 ### dogs (pardon my language) from her. First one was 10 months old and scared out of his mind at everything. Sweetheart, but we took him on the road with us and he wouldn't get out of the car for 2 days. Our replacement puppy is now 7 months old ( we got him at 7.5 weeks) and is dog aggressive and now people aggressive. I've had 3 extremely well known breeders tell me they wouldn't tust the dog at all nd I should consider putting it down. Oh, and when i contacted herbshe said she could evaluate him for $30/ day.
And as for having ICCF certificate, ask for it...she never gave us papers, said she still needed to file. Maybe she has by now, but when we called she wasn't a registered breeder. I can suggest some wonderful breeders I've met if you'd like. Email misty@180balance.com if you want info.
N  30th of May, 2017 by    0 Votes
@Mistymae very familiar...You do not get your registration papers from this breeder. Your damn lucky if you get a copy of your contract.
She will lie and tell you
a. Her printers broke or
b. Theres no more copys-she will mail you one.
She takes your dog, if you breed it.
She takes the puppys SHE WANTS.
or hides the puppys and tells you the momma layed on them and killed them...she might pick a few crappy ones and let you keep those..
(only to find your dogs whole litter on line..she sold behind your back).
N  20th of Aug, 2013 by    +2 Votes
I'm so glad I went on line to check out "Gratitude Farms" . My Husband and I Fell In Love with the Italian Mastiff, King Corso, and Cane Corso Breeds. While I was at work yesterday on my lunch break, I seen a Cane Corso in a car, and started talking to the owner . She then told me were she got her dog. He was Beautiful, and was Very Friendly,
But, I don't think that I'll be going thru " Gratitude Farms " to get a dog . I like to know that the Breeders are " Good People" and " Stand Behind Thier Word " . Thank You So Much for posting about your problems with this Breeder, I'm sure I'll find a Breeder that has Better Reputation .
N  19th of Mar, 2014 by    -2 Votes
Well I'm not sure what you guys did to piss her off. I bought a cane corso from her April 2013. He has been then most well mannered dog I've ever met. If you're dog is scared or aggressive towards you it's for a reason. I've never had a problem with Tammy. I've gotten advice, help, training, food samples all for free. She has been a great breeder to work. I'll buy from her again any day. I highly recommend her.
D  21st of Apr, 2015 by    0 Votes
This breeder puts on a good front. Smiles, flirts, sweet as pie as long as she gets what SHE wants. RUTHLESS!!
Tammy Gimple is dishonest, greedy, withholds your dogs papers..FORCES you to pay her off, for the life of your dog, if you use your dog for a "breeding" or show quality dog??? She takes 1/2 your litter. SHE welps out your female..she cares for the litters, picks the best, and you get the left overs..AND YOU GET THE HEFTY BILL for all that care.
Used another Breeders , Did NOT acknowledge that Breeders Kennel, in association with the and tacked HER Kennel name on to that litter... took 3/4 of the litter and billed the owner, and completely took advantage of this mans kindness and lack of knowledge.
I bought a blue cane corso, who had mange( a genetic flaw, breeding blue on blue)... paid hundred to treat it. Spend thousands on "Handler" fees( HER personal handler was used of course)She insists you "SHOW your dog, if you purchase her show quality. and if you dont?? She comes back and TAKES your dog, claiming you BREACHED your contract. Then She will NOT give any money back, EVER. She never finished my dog, stole her from me, broke the heart of my children!!! ( claiming I was refusing to "show" her_FLAT OUT LIE), and is now in the process of using my Baloo for a breeding in her breeding program.
This is a despicable Breeder, and an embarrassment. Tammy Gimple has beautiful dogs, but because they are tied to her? They are worthless.
N  1st of Sep, 2015 by    -2 Votes
Wow, I didn't realize this site even existed...so people can make up pretend names and lie about what they buy and try and ruin someones good reputation and they just post it all...very nice!! If anyone truly wants to know about me (Tammy Gimpl) and my kennel (Gratitude Farms) feel free to stop out. Too bad there are so many haters out there!!
N  19th of Jul, 2016 by    -1 Votes
Will this breeder take cane corso puppies no questions asked, if one of her dogs was purchased without breeding rights unintentionally impregnated another full bred cane corso and that person is having a hard time finding homes for the puppies?
A  2nd of Dec, 2017 by     Best Advice +5 Votes
File a complaint with the city. This lady is a lt fire chief too in the community and is also animal control although she doesn't have that listed on her business. She doesn't try to find the owners of the dogs she "finds at large" she's a crook. The city's page said she's suppose to notify animal humane society, Craigslist and fb when she finds a pet and it has been discovered that she does not do that and once that was brought up to her "somebody" went on the the city of east bethels page and changed it to that she only had to post with Facebook when she finds a pet. And when she post to fb she only puts them on her personal business page and doesn't post with lost dogs mn which is a widely used database that she is aware of and has said she notifies them when she picks up dogs but that is also untrue. She charged families various outrageous prices from 150 for one night to 110 for a few hours when she has picked up family dogs.
N  7th of Dec, 2017 by    +1 Votes
@YouSuck!! Well said, unfortunately the city employees are very incompetent in their own right, so I don't think much will get done.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree