Grant Funding Search / Offered CD for 1.99 & then debited my bank account $70.00

1 Suite 200 -89052Henderson, NV, United States Review updated:
Phone: 8882102544

I am crippled from serious injuries sustained in a bad car crash in 2001. I have to continue to search for money/grants in hopes of treating my injuries as well as assistance in paying for previous medical expenses, as I was hit by an uninsured motorist; and, was forced to make trips to the Emergency Room.

Two days ago, I found a site offering a "Grant Funding Search" CD for $1.99 - including postage and handling. I found out last night that I had been scammed and that they had the audacity to swindle a debit my bank account - a crippled woman - for $70.00

I tried to reach them by e-mail, but my searches come back as "no such address." I've tried to call without success. I realized I had been scammed when I checked my bank account and; in addition to stealing from me; they don't even have my name on it! I am going to try to send you the CD; and hope you can punish these terrible Godless people for what they have done to me and probably countless others. Honestly, what is this world coming to? Please stop them. Thank you.

Judith A. "Crista" Perry-Rogers
Disabled American
4575 Millenium View Court
Snellville, GA 30039
[protected]

Comments

Mi
Grant Funding Search - took more money than said
Montana
grantfundingsearch.com

This company stated that they would charge only $1.98 and send you a DVD containing information to get government grants and what ones are right for you. Well a week later they charged my debit card another $69.95 and when you try to contact them it sends you an error message. This place is a scam. I know I'll never see my money again. I am a mother of 3 small kids. 5, 3, and 7 months. My fiance is going to college so I am the only sorce of income we have and I work at a minimum wage job. Do not trust these people. I cant believe that I trusted them. And now I'm out $70 that I could have used to buy my kids new cloths or maybe pay some bills with.

Mi

SCAM

Tr
  8th of Jan, 2009

people, never send money to recieve something for free. Thats not how the world works. Somehow they got my phone number, and wanted me to pay for shipping, i said hold on one minute my husband is an attorney, they hung up.

Li
Grant Funding Search - Grant Funding Search
Henderson
Phone: 8882102544

While searching for scholarships and loans for school, I found this company on a supposedly reliable website (fastweb.com). I never authorized more than 1.98 for a free cd, anlthough 7 days later I have a $70 charge on my credit card. I called the company, they will not refund it because they said I signed up for membership and I had 7 days to cancel it before they charged the card. I didn't sign up for anythign except a cd, so I blocked my credit card, and will dispute this. I am also writing to fastweb and letting the them know.

De
  10th of Jan, 2009
Grant Funding Search - Fraudulent/Misleading
Valparaiso
Indiana
Phone: 219-405-0693

I also was searching for college grants and received this offer for a $1.99 CD. The site said you will receive the CD and get a trial membership.
While I am waiting for the CD thinking I need it for the trial they are counting down the days. When my card is charged 69.95 I call and complain
and the operator said the CD means nothing there is access to a website. It would be nice if I were given the website instead of waiting for the CD.
Needless to say I didn't get a refund and now I have another charge 29.95 by another company that is supposed to be a "bonus offer "from Grant
Funding Search that had to be cancelled in 21 days? Who knows who this company has given my credit information to. I cancelled my bank
account and opened a new one. THIS IS A TOTAL SCAM and I am out $100.
2850 Horizon Ridge Parkway
Suite 200
Henderson, NV 89052
888-210-2544

Su
  11th of Jan, 2009

I too was looking for college grant money and found this ad on myspace.com - silly me :-{. I ordered the $1.98 CD presentation (which turned out to be NOTHING MORE THAN A POWERPOINT PRESENTATION!) Then, on Christmas Day, they took out $69.95 from my debit card. I didn't find this until after the new year and I cancelled my card and disputed the charge 'cause NO WHERE in their pitch did they state there would be additional charges; I also emailed them to inquire about additional charges and to cancel my "membership" if there was. I am on a fixed income and can't afford anything more than what is needed to get by. Two emails to them and no response back - no one answers the phone, just get a voice mail recording. I even notified myspace.com about the scam and they replied they are aware of the questionable business practices and are investigating it. I am happy to state that my bank has credited back the $69.95 (so now I can get paper towels, tp and dog food!!) Unfortunately I didn't follow my own inclinations to do due diligence with this one; usually that is the first thing I do. There won't be a next time! Before you "take advantage" of an offer, google their name -- if their business practices are questionable, you are certain to find out within a few key strokes. If one slips by and "gets you" for $, cancel your card and dispute the charges with your bank; hopefully you will get refunded.

Cy
  11th of Jan, 2009

i too had a phone call from Grant search, and the lady said i was qualify for a grant, so i didgave her all my inforation, and taught it would help me get the money i really wanted, so i could hel p with my education, and some death payments, i told her i just buried my sister, and i, m now going through a hard time, so i was glad for some help i waite for the email, so i could get the help from, the support center, and i could not get their websit, as she gave me. I call the number, and no body answered me, how can io get my monies back, and how can i get some help i really need can some body thelp me, or stop thease suckers from taking advantage of people who is so vaunarable, at a point in there lifewhen they loose a loved on?.

Ms
  14th of Jan, 2009

I too was decieved. They were charging me $1.98 for the free cd. Which charged my account $3.15. Not to bad. But I never recieved the cd. I think this is awful and unlawful to even take a single thing from someone. Don't normal people get fined or jailed for stealing? Why is it that others can just take and never get stopped?

Ms
  14th of Jan, 2009

I am calling the BBB today. I tried to report them, but when I try to use the id and password for the 25th time today. The sight www.grantfundingsearch.com would not accept my info. There for when you click on anything on the site it always ask for your id and password. I cannot view a address, contact number or anything. Someone needs to they to stop these people. I went back to the site that had the link and they have removed the link to grant funding search. If someone can give me this info I will sting. Thank stop at nothing to get everyones money back. I read the site over and I should have wrote down all the info that I cannot get now. Someone let me know something. Thank, Rita

Cy
  15th of Jan, 2009
Grant Funding Search - additional charge on account of 69.95 which was not disclosed when I ordered the CD
grant funding search
223 pierce ave.
Lancaster
Ohio
Phone: 740-653-3016

I recieved an email about cash grants. I clicked on the site, which I don't remember the website address. I ordered the CD for $1.98 and charged it to my credit card. I got my credit card bill today and saw where I was charged $69.95 also. There was nothing on the site when I ordered the CD about the additional charge. I have not played the CD on my computor as of yet because I was having some problems getting it to play. I did not in anyway authorize to additional charge of $69.95 as I did not have that much available credit on my card so there is know way I would have agreed to that charge. It was billed from Grant Funding Search 888-2102544 UT if that is any help. How do I go about getting that removed from my credit card?

Cynthia L Logue

cynthialogue@att.net

Ge
  19th of Jan, 2009

I received the same thing. Still no cd though. I told them their email to cancel would not go through. The supervisor I asked to talk to was not available. I argued until I was blue in the face. What efforts can we take to get this company and our money back. Oh yeah, and they canceled my account. So even if I wanted to I couldn't get on it. She was not in America and the reason for this is unclear to me. Let me know, we have to do something
Carolynn Eilts

Va
  20th of Jan, 2009

internet offer by grant funding search $1.99 for cd debt my account for $70. unauthorized.

Ho
  20th of Jan, 2009
www.grantresearchfunding.com - unsolicited e-mail-unauthorized thefts from bank account
4575 Millenium View Court
Snellville
Georgia
Phone: 770-760-7808
tarheel982@yahoo.com

Disabled in high-impact rear-end car collision in 2001 - pelvis blown apart & dead - requiring resusitation. Received unsolicited e-mail from this company offering CD of comprehensive grant information for "free" w/only $1.98 shipping charge. I live below federal poverty level; and very ill; and every penny counts. This company debited the $1.98; then a week later $69.95; and, even after I made reports to CPS; FCC; BBB both here and location of "Grant University", and the local law enforcement; the following week an additional theft of $29.99 was taken out. What kind of Godless human beings could steal from a crippled woman on SSI? They have taken food from my mouth. In addition, the lack of necessary funds for medication resulted in a recent seizure of such intensity that my mouth/teeth clinched in reaction; and I lacerated my tongue very badly (all documented). I may never be able to talk again. All I wanted grant info for was much needed costly assistive devices that Medicare covers 80%; leaving me to cover the remaining 20%. I don't even have or know what TTY is. Please help me.

Ca
  20th of Jan, 2009

I am another one$#&%%*%. I ordered the same cd and i even asked on the phone if they were going to charge me anything else and he said no, they would only charge me the 1.99. I got the cd i put it in my computer and i wouldn't even work then i went to my account online and they charged me 69.99 so i called and the lady told me there was no superviser there to call back and she hung up on me...
I called my bank and the fraud department and i am pressing charges on this company through my bank..
WE NEED TO SHUT THEM DOWN!!!

MAKE SURE YOU TALK TO THE FRAUD DEPARTMENT AT YOUR BANK AND PRESS CHARGES IT'S THE ONLY WAY...CANDICE

Ma
  21st of Jan, 2009

AGREE WITH YOU THEY GOT ME TODAY, AND I AM PRESSING CHARGES, I GOT THE CD AND ONLY THE INTRODUCTION WORKED THEN WHEN YOU GO TO SIGN UP IT WENT TO RED HATS.COM THEY ONLY GOT 1.99 THEN I SHUT DOWN THAT CARD AFTER READING THESE REPORTS LETS SHUT THEM DOWN!!!

Lp
  21st of Jan, 2009

I ordered the supposed free CD for grant searching and agreed to the $1.98 shipping fee and then they charge my account for $69.95 that I did not authorize. this is a total rip off, and I demand my money back. The FBI needs to find these suckers and put them under a jail.

Ra
Grant Funding Search - Felony Credit Card Fraud/Theft
2850 Horizon Ridge Parkway, Suite 2000
Henderson
Phone: (888) 210-2544
support@grantfundingsearch.com

This outfit is run by a bunch of Mexicans (Probably Illegal Aliens) stealing peoples credit card numbers and charging them as they please at $69.95 a draw. They have a professional looking Web Site plus backup sites rating them as a 5 star service. When you show interest in their site they call you on the telephone and say anything necessary such as: Only a $1.98 mailing fee, $120.00 Special gas card offer for members, Unmatched Grant filing Assistance, and regardless of your situation say you are qualified for a grant in your area using your Zip Code as part of the scam. It's gonna take the FBI to take these guys down, they are extremely well organized and more than Intelligent enough to know loopholes in the law to where a normal citizen can't touch them. They stole $69.95 from me, and there's nothing I can do about it except have the bank issue me a new debit/credit card with a new number. EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS COMPANY IS A LIE, DO NOT GIVE THEM ANY OF YOUR BANKING INFORMATION.

Ma
  22nd of Jan, 2009

I ordered the cd for 1.98 and got charged 69.95 for being able to use the web site.

Pa
Grant Funding Search - overcharge
123 Overton Lane
Jasper
Alabama
myspace.com

I ordered a Grant Funding Search cd, paid the $1.98, was charged the additional $69.95 after a week, and did not even receive the cd until 2 weeks later. Once I received the cd, I couldn't even get past the first page to search for grants because it asked for a password and username that it does not let you sign up for but ask you to already have. Nobody ever gave me this information. So, I'm being charged all this money and can't even use the services. YES!!!IT'S A SCAM!!!

Gr
  25th of Jan, 2009
Grant Funding Search - Scan -- unauthorized credit card charges
Nevada

Ordered "free" CD on 12/29/08. Supposed to get follow-up call, and when we didn't get it, we cancelled via E-mail on 12/31... support@grantfundingsearch.com. Did not receive a reply until 1/6/09. The reply said our account was cancelled, but found out later that on the SAME day, our credit card was billed for $69.95. Disputed with credit card company, but guess what... our credit card number was passed on in the meantime to another company IWBClub, who charged $29.95 on our credit card on 1/13. Called this company yesterday and they agreed to credit our card, sending us a confirmation of this via E-mail. We'll see... Anyway, STAY AWAY from Grant Funding Search. We are trying to find out where to report them.