Grant Funding SearchFraud

K

This company is a legal scam. I ordered a free cd and only had to pay $1.98 for shipping. Somewhere hidden in the terms apparently they state they will charge you $69.95 if you don't cancel in a certain time frame. When you try to call them you get a voice mail by from someone who barely speaks english. I don't expect a call back and I will probably be out the 70.00 bucks. I have learned a lesson though. I will never order off of sites like that again. File the claim with your bank and cancel your credit/debit card and order a new one. I wouldn't be surprised if outfits like this sell your info.

• Da
    David DiPi Apr 16, 2010

I received nothing for the 1.98 and the 69.95 I didn't authorize. Now their trying to get me to pay 119.95 through a collections department called Natural Wellness Resources. [protected]. I tried to call Grant Funding Search and was put on hold, then was told to leave a message by a computer. I hung up.

• Sc
    scam master Mar 18, 2010

these scammers are from a call center in the philippines! the name of the company is infinite variant outsourcing group. whenever complaints start filing up, they immediately change to another grants name and website. they even have a partner called JECC which is also in Manila.

• Ju
    Justangryme Dec 01, 2009

I am so mad, I used a credit card that I hardly ever use or check, so I ended up being scammed for 500 dollars!!! I am soooo furious! I can´t get a hold of anyone there, and just don´t know what to do. Is there anyone who has filed any lawsuits against them, or gotten a hold of them to talk to them about anything? I have an address on the cd I bought, and it´s 2850 Horizon Ridge Parkway, Suite 200, Henderson, NV 89052. Has anyone gone there and seen if there´s a real office or not?
    Please contact me by email on: [email protected]

• Li
    lina howard Sep 29, 2009

i order a cd from my search 4 grants and funding.com for 1.98shiping and handing from my check account that took 1.98 plus 69.00 dollar and gave my information to someone else and that went in to my account and took 30.00 dollar

• Kd
    KDH027 Sep 19, 2009

I had the same experience. I reported them to The Better Business Bureau at www.BBB.org, I just rcvd a letter from the BBB yesterday asking if I am satisfied w/ the company's response; Attatched was a letter from Grant Funding addressed to me stating that they are electing to refund my account, which was issued March 20, 2009 - Which I have NEVER received! I am returning my response to The BBB of Southern Nevada, 6040 s. Jones Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89118, Phone# [protected], Fax# [protected]. I suggest you also file a complaint ASAP. I did also try to go thru my bank at first to dispute the charge, but in the end, they were unable to help. I was unemployed at the time w/ only $45 in my account at the time and they took that and made me accrue overdraft charges! These people should be shut down

• Ra
    rarmes Sep 08, 2009

I was also just scammed by this company. was put on hold 4 times to wait on supervisor finaly told them I was not going to go away and low and behold got a supervisor. But will not refund the money they just took out yesterday. If someone can tell me were to report them for fraud I would greatly appreciate it.

• Pa
    PATRICIA CHILDRESS Aug 25, 2009

I WAS TOLD ONLY 1.99 AND THEN IT WAS 69.95 AND THEN 69.95. I HAVE WRITTEN THEM AND TOLD THEM I WAS GOING TO CALL THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU AND THE DISTRICT ATTORNEY WHERE I LIVE AND THE FBI, WHOM I KNOW SOMEONE WHOM WORKS THERE. AND ALSO THE CONSUMER AFFAIRS. HEY--I HAVE A BETTER IDEA, SOMEONE NEEDS TO CONTACT A LAWYER AND LETS SLAM THEM OUT OF HERE ONTO MARS. I DO NOT KNOW OF ONE, IF SOMEONE KNOWS LETS GET THE BOAT TO ROCKING AND ROLLING. I AM HERE.

• Th
    the green leprechaun Aug 19, 2009

Another victim of this scam! I too thought I was purchasing merely a CD with info on grant writing. However I was als billed $69.95 and $39.95 from another company (e grants) that I have no idea how they have gotten my bank information. Besides the fact that we never received the CD to begin with .Both my husband and I have called these two companies that were listed. One of the numbers was a fake number, and the other one we got through to with no avail. The phone police for the company are trained to just reiterate the same song and dance "terms and conditions" There does not appear to be any customer sevice protocol what so ever.When I realized that we were being charged this money to our account I cancelled the CD. The following two days we were billed $69.95 and $39.95 against our account. We notified our bank and changed the card number so that no further charges can be debited. Our bank said that they were going to investigate the fraud.
    The name and address is as follows:

Grant Funding Search
    2850 Horrizon Ridge Parkway
    Henderson, Nevada

I am also going to notify other agencies with my complaints. We also asked who owned the company and we were told by the person on the phone that the information could not be disclosed. INTERESTING!!! The people involved in this scam prey off of people who are already struggling. Thats the lowest of the low

• Ro
    ROBIN HARBERT Aug 06, 2009

I am the latest victim of this so called company Grant Funding Search. Apparently I ordered a grant funding search cd, was charged $1.98 and it was delivered cracked. Totally cracked and no way usable. So, I called this number [protected] and spoke with a foreign lady who would not send me another cd without me paying for the shipping and handling again. I was livid. LIVID. I demanded to be refunded for the cd and that I would spend my own money to send the cracked one back to them. They said no. I said send me another one and I will not pay for s/h. They said no. I told them that what they were doing was wrong in treating the consumer in this way. They said they were 100% LEGITIMATE COMPANY, what a crock. They also charged me $3.73 for some ebook, and $3.77 for another ebook, and I still have yet to find where they are at. I asked for a full refund of all charges and they would not refund saying it was all in the Terms and Conditions. They also deducted from my checking account $69.95 and had not told me this until the end of the conversation when I told them that I was going to report them to as many appropriate agencies as I could find. They put me on hold and came back and said they were going to refund the $69.95 that I had no idea about until this phone call. I asked them when had this charge been deducted from my account and they said that it had just been processed today. What a sham of a company. They need to be shut down and prosecuted to the fullest extent possible. I hope some consumer advocate group reads this and does something about all of these stories, because a consumers there is only so much we can do. And, it feels so bad to know you've been taken by a company such as this one, to know that you as the consumer are really right and that nothing you say or do will get your money back. I hope someone takes this company down for good. I am going to contact Angies List, BBB, FBI, and anyone else that I am referred to.

mark canale Aug 03, 2009

upon recieving my cd and order confirmation # I didn't relize I would be charged another 69.00 after the 7 day trial period which wasn't mention on the order conf.# e-mail it wasn't until I tried looking up there web site that I came across this complaint site and that I became aware of the scam, so I cancelled thank you people there full of BS

CarolK Jul 31, 2009

Dear Dark Angel and Others,

Please go back and read my comments on page 10. Dark, you are right! All those old sayings, "You never get something for nothing, There's no free lunch in this world, If it sounds too good to be true, it is, " are all correct. But these criminals change the rules constantly to stay one step above the law. Many of us signed up before they even had the disclaimer on their site in fine print. So many people complained, they had to add it to their website.

Do you realize how much extra time and money the banks are spending simply to handle complaints and closing of customers' credit cards, etc., all the extra unnecessary work resulting from this scam!? How about all the phone calls? It's ridiculous.

If there is an upside to this, it's the lesson we're all being taught about reading every possible letter before signing up to receive anything. But my original point was these dirtbags didn't have that "monthly subscription info" on the ad when some of us sent for the cd. They added it later to cover their a**. If anyone ever hears of a class action suit, let me know. My signature will be the second from the top!

• Bu
    buellster Jul 31, 2009

These people are complete ###!!! I hope they ALL die a very painful and miserable death of some incurable desease. I got hosed just like all of you did. I'll be at the bank tomorrow disputing these charges.

• As
    Ashleyashs Jul 30, 2009

I got screwed over too, has anyone been able to get the money back? I was told I needed to pay the charges $70, and they would cancel my account, I didn't even know I had a count. Something needs to be done. Please help.

• Te
    T.E. Chafin Jul 29, 2009

I thought the Federal Government had a agency that reviewed internet fraud, but, I guess I has wrong.Hey! Obama! Did you cut their budget so you could "BAIL OUT" those banks?:( Thanks for nothing!! THANK YOU!!! guys I was about 2 seconds away from signing up. Something told me to check it out and I found this site...Thanks again!!! I'm unemployed also and I thought the same thing that I could afford $2.00
    Is there any way we can start a petition?
    I don't care that I didn't get scammed.(Thanks to you) I'm still disgusted that 7 months later that it's still going on.

• Ar
    A. Robinson Jul 28, 2009

Has anyone gotten money back form these people?

• Sc
    Scooby Jul 28, 2009

I also went on Grant.Gov and ordered the CD for $1.98 and 8 days later they took $69.95 from my account. I never authorized them to take this money. I called the bank and they gave me the number to call. I called on the 9 day and they said they would give me one month free. I said I wanted my money returned and was told they don't do that. I told them I had not even looked at the CD yet and I would return it for a full refund. He informed me that was no refunds given for either. I had to cancel my debit card and get a new one.

• Me
    MelissiaB Jul 28, 2009

I also got taken in by this I am ashamed to say. I have actually viewed the CD, but their was no link to a list of federal grants, or help and support center! If anyone knows of legal action that can be taken please share it with the public.

• Bi
    bigc4 Jul 20, 2009

I just found out I've been scammed what a sucker. I hate these ### some body going to really kick the crap out of the freakin ###.

• Bo
    bobtheman Jul 20, 2009

You were scammed.

Brenda Munson Jul 20, 2009

I purchased a "Free" CD on grant funding supposedly from the government and paid the $1.98 shipping. There was an unauthorized withdrawal from my checking account for $69.95 by this company. I told them repeatedly on the phone that I was not interested in purchasing anything. I want this money reimbursed immediately.

Brenda boley Jul 16, 2009

OK everybody.I had the same fraud with grant funding search.On 07/13/09 I received an e-mail from them sayiong I did not qualify for a refund.I put in a complaint with the BBB on the same day.Today I checked my checking acc.Surprise ! I had my refund in my account.So the complaint to the BBB did the trick.I had also told the company in e-mails and in snail mail that I would turn them in to the Attorney Generals office and the governor of their state and all the companies that advertise for them or that they use as ad. in their website .So Give it a try.
    Brenda Boley
    [email protected]

• Da
    DarkAngel719 Jul 14, 2009

RE: GRANT FUNDING SEARCH - "Cancel your subscription by calling toll-free at [protected] " it also gives you an option to mail a cancellation letter but theyll ignore it. I suggest you call cuz itll be quicker. I was tricked as well but I just read the fine print. Its at the bottom of the page when you enter your billing info for the stupid cd. It says about the 7 day trial and that you'll be billed 3 somethin twice during the trial period, then 69.95 after and every month after that if you dont call the toll free number and cancel. Not to mention in the fine print they put write the charges in word form instead of numbers {ex: sixty nine ninety five} to try and be slick. If you click on terms on the bottom there itll show you what they tricked us into doing. I had till the 7th day midnight to cancel and today is the 6th day of my trial so I cancelled. Luckily I avoided the 69.95 charge by 1 day but I cant say the same for everyone else. I blocked my credit card and ordered a new one but if I wouldve never called to cancel, they wouldve sent collections on me and messed up my credit. They have the right too, its in the terms which I agreed to when entering my billing info. They answered the phone and cancelled it without a problem but then they tried and offer me something else but I stopped the lady and told her no thanks. We are sort of at fault for falling for it and yessss.. they are cons and deserve to fry in hell but the charges are not unauthorized, these people arent dumb. They played the law and thats why theyre getting away with it. People today are desperate to make a dollar and will do anything to trick people out of their money. Everything these people did was sneaky but legit because it is documented in the terms.. People pls read carefully before signing up for anything else.. One thing Ive finally learned for sure.. NOTHING IN THIS WORLD IS FOR FREE!

Brenda boley Jul 13, 2009

Oh Boy ...I am very grateful to know I am not the only one.They also have more than one address.One in NV and one in Fla.What are we all going to do?
    Brenda Boley Mi.)7/13/2009

• Mi
    michael gallegos Jul 12, 2009

i m from wichita kansas and i too have been scamed i was told to pay shipping on this free grant info, and i was just charged 69.95 5 days later on my debit which i did not athorize what can we do about this im mad as hell and unemployed i didnt have 69-95 to send these creeps and they took it with out my permission what can we do this has got to stop michael in kansas

• Du
    dupped 4 the last time Jul 10, 2009

7/10/09

Hate to admit, against my better judgement oreder the $1.98 cd looking for grants for a non-profit I started. Before I knew it they took $69.95 out of my account and then now I see where another $30.00 went to something called wealth builder which I have never heard of and did not request, authorize, etc. I haven't even looked at the cd, all this happened at a time when many other things were going on and I was not on top of the situation like I should have been. what do I do next? I want the $69.95 and $30 back as I only agreed to $1.98.Since I used a debit card this caused me to be overdrawn! NEVER AGAIN

sargent1 Jul 07, 2009

ordered the c.d for $1.98.Was not informed that my 7 day trial immed. on clicking the button.Did not even recieve the c.d until after the 7 day trial period ended.Thought it started when I got the c.d.Tried calling several numbers.No one wants to give me back my money.If this is a government program that is for free grants, why do I have to pay $69.95 a month?

• Cs
    cskm Jul 06, 2009

My wife fell for this scam as well. We figured it out before they took any money. We canceled our credit card account asap!!! Thanks for the heads up everyone!!! They need the law to come down on them hard!

• Lu
    Lucy Diggs Slowe Jul 02, 2009

I believe I was scammed also, when I noticed two debits from my account of $3.73 and another for $3.77 for some online books I did not order. GFS debited my account for $1.98 shipping and handling charges also, and I did receive the cd within the 7 day trial period. However, when I noticed those two unauthorized charges for some online books I do not need, I called my bank then called GFS immediately. They cancelled my membership and said the incurred charges were non-refundable. What!? I told them I would handle that with my bank. I filed a fraud claim with my bank and they cancelled my card immediately to stop future charges against my account with these ###s. I knew then it was a scam. What company has the balls to charge your credit card without authorization and then tell you it's non-refundable? You do the math. Why is it so difficult to find a LEGITIMATE grant funding website???? I thought I did my homework, but I still got suckered. I am sorry for your $75.00 loss, I guess I got off easy. BTW, the bank refunded my money, your bank should do the same if you filed a fraud claim.

• Mi
    midwest52 Jul 01, 2009

I fell into this scam also. The ad is so convincing with several "success stories" and even some appearing to be in my area. I called [protected] for a refund of the scammed $69.95. They said it was in the fine print and asked if I read it. I asked for their address as I plan to file a complaint with the US Attorney General's Office. They said they would refund my money, but I'm not holding my breath. Everyone should file an online complaint with the US Attorney General's Office.

• Ss
    ssgoldfinger Jun 26, 2009

I also bought the CD. But after they said they would call I got worried. Canceled my debit. Called and complained untill I got a refund from the manager for the 69.95 after seven days( [protected]. """Watch out theirs another member ship""". '''''''''''''''''Additionally, you will have full access to their proprietary wealth building software during your trial. After your 21 (twenty-one) day trial, you will be billed twenty-nine dollars and ninety-five cents for continued access to the Ideal Wealth Builder Club. If you have any questions pertaining to the Ideal Wealth Builder Club or if for any reason you would like to discontinue your service, contact them directly by calling [protected] ext 1''''''''''''''''.

ssgoldfinger

Brittany Lee Jun 25, 2009

This site is a crock as all of you have said. The same thing has just happened to me also. I was charged the $1.99 to get the cd and was then contacted by a rep and asked if I would like to join another program and I said no to cancel my account and they also charged me $69.95 without my permission. I was also charged an overdraft fee from my bank because I didn't know this was being charged to me. This company is the biggest scam I've ever heard of!

• Ju
    Judith Pickard Jun 23, 2009

Grant Funding Search called and woke me up and started with this
    Fee Grant Money stuff. I was hesitant to give my credit card number,
    and asked if there was a monthly fee and the answer was yes $49.00 per month.
    Now I have to hang on the phone because I answered the questions and now from this Website I find it's a Fraud.

SGM1313 Jun 19, 2009

Nice job, your finally found the crack in the armor.

CarolK Jun 19, 2009

TO ANYONE WHO'S BEEN SCAMMED BY GRANT SEARCH FUNDING OR AFFILIATED COMPANIES:

AFTER RESEARCH, BELOW ARE SOME OF THE LINKS INVOLVED IN THIS SCAM, WHICH I AM FORWARDING TO THE ATTORNEY GENERAL, FTC & OTHER AGENCIES:

The web address GRANT SEARCH FUNDING is providing to the banks is:
    www.grantfundingsearch.net

This site contains links to related to companies involved in the grant scams:

http://www.grant-funding.org, PLEASE NOTE: AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS WEBPAGE, THE COMPANY HAS A LINK WHICH READS:

Please Donate To Help Keep Grant-Funding.org Running 100% FREE! We Appreciate Your Willingness To Donate! As of right now have reached our donation Quota, We Do not need any more Donations at The Moment. Thank You Stacy Herkert

Haven’t we donated enough already? They’re trying to convince us people are rushing to donate money to this upstanding organization!

The web pages listed below clearly have the word “TRIAL SOFTWARE” throughout the page and information at the bottom about the trial membership and subsequent monthly charges:

The web pages below are almost identical as the above, but WITHOUT ANY MENTION OF TRIAL MEMBERSHIPS, MONTHLY CHARGES and no information at the bottom of the page:

Below is totally different web page, same or affiliated company, with membership information at the bottom:

Below is an affiliated company offering free government grants WITHOUT MEMBERSHIP INFORAMATION:

Below is another affiliated site, totally different look:

Feel free to use this information in any complaint correspondence you forward to agencies.

SGM1313 Jun 19, 2009

THAT IS WHAT HAPPENED TO ME...CRIME IS REWARDED PEOPLE. WE MIGHT AS WELL ALL GET INTO IT AND START ROBBING EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE. IN THIS NEW WORLD IT IS THE NEW CULTURE> LOOK AT THE BANKS AND THE BAILOUTS. I HAVE HAD ENOUGH AND I AM NOT GONNA TAKE ANYMORE...

CarolK Jun 19, 2009

Don't feel stupid, people! If you're wondering how you could have missed the "Terms and Conditions" statement, here's the explanation. I also signed up for a free CD, only 1.98 for s/h. I never received the CD, but my account was deducted 1.98, plus I had the $69.95 charge, plus other charges for $39.95 and $27.95. I had never heard of the companies that deducted the other amounts. I contacted my bank, had to cancel my card & order a new one. Months later I had another $69.95 charge on my card. I called the bank who told me Grant Funding Search provided them with documentation proving I signed up for a trial offer which I needed to cancel within 7 days, otherwise Grant Funding would charge my account $69.95 per month until I did cancel. The bank gave me the web address, I pulled it up and the site had all the information on the order form page about the trial offer, the $69.95 charge per month, etc. However, I was certain this WAS NOT the website I had placed my order. After a little research, I found this company has SEVERAL different sites with different wording. The site they provided to my bank is one they use as proof you signed up for this offer. The site I placed my order from DOES NOT have a box for you to check which states that by ordering the CD you agree to the terms and conditions. I called my bank again to explain this, but once the company has provided them the information, the bank cannot refile the claim. So basically, this company is providing banks with FRAUDULENT information. The bank then states you must contact the company directly for a refund.

When you call the company, they will not refund your money, stating you agreed to the terms and conditions. Having it in very small print at the bottom of the page does not constitute an agreement, especially since there is nothing on the page about a trial offer, membership, etc. It specifically says you're paying shipping and handling for free software. When you argue this point, they insist you signed an agreement and end the call. It's no wonder everyone is confused. I wonder how many different, separate sites these people have in operation. I also understand they have several "shell" companies that operate using the same method, but have different charges (i.e., $39.95, $29.95), using different company names. I found links upon links upon links!

Someone has to do something about this! When you consider how much money and time they have stolen from consumers, the time and costs involved for the bank investigations and cancellation of credit/debit cards, it has to be an incredible loss to everyone except them. Please report this company to the Nevada State Attorney General's Office, BBB, your Federal and State representatives, etc. Type one letter, copy it and send it off to each of them by email. I'm sure someone has filed a complaint to the NV AG by now.

The Mafia is probably kicking themselves for not thinking of this idea first! Please let me know if you hear any status updates on these criminals.

• Ki
    Kim Jun 16, 2009

I had the same thing happen. Call [protected] (The Grant Express). They gave me a confirmation number today and said they will refund my 69.95. They kept saying I agreed and were not going to at first but I told them I would take furter action if my account was not credited back. She put me on hold to speak to her supervisor, at least that is what she said, and when she came back she gave me an authorization code for my refund. We will see what happens.

• Jd
    JDJ Jun 16, 2009

I also paid the $1.98 for the disc and then was charged 69.95 to my account. I called my bank and let them know that I did not authorize this transaction and they are giving me my money. I also called the grant company and their telemaketers who are located in India. The first woman Sara hung up on me and then I called back and Mika tried to give me a song and dance story that their is fine print. Told her I have donwloaded all information from the site and it is untrue and I will turn it all over the the FBI and BBB, she then told me she will refund my money and take me off the membership list. I asked for the home office number she refused to give it to me I told her so you are allowing me to give the BBB and FBI your name and number she would not respond just that she cannot give me that number.

• Na
    naomi Jun 14, 2009

MY NAME IS NAOMI, THAY GOT MY MONEY TO AND THE CD DOSE NOT WORK ! YOU NEED TO KEEP THOSE PEOPLE FROM TAKING OTHER PEOPLES MONEY I WANT MY MONEY BACK ... NOW!

SGM1313 Jun 12, 2009

HOW ON EARTH ARE THESE PEOPLE STILL NOT SHUT DOWN< OUR SYSTEM IS FALLING APART. CRIMINALS ARE REWARDED, THANX FOR THE CHANGE OBAMA...THESE PEOPLE HAVE BEEN REPORTED TO THE FBI, BBB and everyone else hundreds of times and still allowed to operate...