Govdeals.com / Gathering data for fbi?

1 Montgomery, AL, United States Review updated:

The problem govdeals.com has is a slow computor system. It state clearly on the aplication process that if you dont get a responce from them or to gain access to the site right away to call the customer service # . I had to do this 3 days after I registered to get access to the site.I have been a happy customer since. The reason for the info is because you purchase directly from the depts or agencies.If you dont pay or pick up within specified times, they will ban you from the site.

Je

Comments

• Cl
      18th of Mar, 2009

I am clay brakefield and lived in Huntsville Alabama, know living in Miami FL.I was with govdeals for a few years with know problems, ever and I bid on a $20 item and could not pick it up and called and talked to the seller and asked if I could pay for the item to be relisted and pay for the item that i won and resale it.They never got back with me they just did whatever there brain told them to do.With know word just baned me from there site! And this has been 3 years now...PLEASE WHO EVER IS THE WATCH DOG OVER govdeals.com I WISH SOMEONE WOULD CONSIDER CLOSING THE COMPANY'S DOORS FOREVER...THERE UNACCEPTABLE AND WILL NOT BE TOLERATED BY EVERYONE WATCHING...PLEASE POST MORE COMMENTS MAYBE ONEDAY WE THE PEOPLE THAT ONCE USED THIS SITE.WE ALL HAVE A TRUE DEMEANOR AND THIS IS JUST NOT RIGHT AS TO WHAT GOVDEALS.COM DOES TO PEOPLE AND GETS BY WITH IT...IF YOU HAD A ISSUE WITH THIS GOVDEALS SITE MAKE IT YOUR RESPONSIBILTY TO POST YOUR COMMENT.THANK YOU

• Jp
      18th of Jun, 2009
    Best Best Advice +6 Votes

You are a fraud and a liar anyway Clay Brakefield always pretending to be rich. You are a broke down fraud and I am sure that their investigation of you proved just that. That is why they have banned you to save their reputation and to prevent a possible lawsuit

• Fl
      2nd of Jul, 2009

Ive been using govdeals for a good while now and it clearly states that if you are the winning bidder and default that you will be banned so I allways go after anything that I win on doesnt seem too complicated to me.

• Ab
      31st of Jul, 2009

I think they do commit fraud some times to boost the bid.

• Aa
      20th of Jan, 2010

I've bought seven cars and several other items on the site. I was almost 2 weeks late (22 days instead of 10) on the first car I bought. I contacted the seller ( a TN police dept.) explaining my situation. They were very understanding and gave me no problem or hassle. I love the site, but remember, shipping and ALL shipping arrangements are the buyer's sole responsibility.

• Jj
      15th of Feb, 2010

www.govdeals.com is restricting the competition so they can buy the products themselves, then re-sell them through other auction sites like eBay.com. They're a scam. They requested more security information from me than I've ever been asked for in my life, and they still denied my application to be a bidder on the site.

• Jc
      2nd of Mar, 2010

www.govdeals.com is a completely legit and legal site. I have been a loyal customer for years and never once have I encountered a problem. The reason they ask for "proof of residence" is for the simple fact that some people register with false information. If the address and telephone number provided do not trace back to the name on the registration, they simply ask you to fax in or email proof of residence. They even advise you to mark out account information and totals. The only reason one would not be allowed to bid on the site is because they are using false information and not able to prove that the information provided is their correct and legal information or they are trying to cheat the system, win an auction, not pay for the item, and then when the account is locked register with other people's information. GovDeals tries to avoid fraud for the protection of the agencies involved in selling the items as well as keeping con artist off the site. I am simply amazed that people are more than willing to give out credit card information to websites that they know nothing about but, then have a problem with sending in a utility bill that simply states your first and last name and the address with ALL other information blacked out. I am glad that they are able to keep out thieves and scammers, it makes my bidding a lot easier knowing that I don't have to deal with people of that nature. If you bid on item and have intentions of paying for the item or picking the item up, then don't bid on it. Leave the item from people like myself who plan on following through with the legal agreement that they entered into.

Keep up the good work GovDeals!
    A Loyal and Grateful Customer!

• Li
      29th of Nov, 2010

About to purchase my first set of 71 laptops for extremely cheap on GovDeals. Let's hope it goes as planned!

• Cm
      14th of Dec, 2010

Gov deals does not care about those who bid on the items, over all the transactions I bid on nearly half were incorrect contact information. 20% of items were junk, or were not as described. Their customer support is the worst.. I was unable to pick up an item and was a few hours late. I got banned . In over a year I spent over $14, 780 in 37 gov deals auctions. That does not matter to them. I think most of the positive posts here are made by Gov deals workers to cover their company. LETS see them ban a Township for bidding fraud, I over hard one township worker commenting on how he bid on a vehicle, is that fair? Or lets see Gov Deals refund a transaction when what we buy is not as described and actually missing parts that were there in the photos. Gov Deals does not care. They are all about the money and buyer beware it seems.

• Df
      24th of Mar, 2011

They are just [censor]s. When I register, they told me my address cannot be verified and asked me to send them a recent utility bill. I sent them the bill and never hear back from them. What a bunch a [censor]s that runs this company.

• Ro
      11th of Jul, 2011

My brother asked me what site I buy my surplus items on. I told him govdeals.com. With in the last few weeks he purchased something off the site and didnt follow through with the terms and conditions. When govdeals locked my brothers account, they also locked mine for what they call association. Ive purchased at least 12 items mostly cars and have followed through each time. Ive called and questioned them about my account being locked. They reply that as soon as my brother clears his matter with them that I can continue to do buisness as usual. WTW? Can they really hold my brothers actions against me? I like the site and it is a value to my lifestyle...Ive complained to the Federal Trade Commission and told them that I had just bought 2 cars from the state of NC that cost me around $3300 and that I paid for them through a credit card transaction and also picked them up as agreed. Someone explain this one.

• Dt
      31st of Jan, 2012

Over the years I have purchased a few things from GovDeals.com, but as of late, everything that I bid on within a 1/2 hour of closing up to the last minute, I have been keeping track of, and following up to find out, that it re posts a few days later, usually less than the 10 days for default. I have also noticed the initials of the winning bids that I focus on always seem to be the same person, I have started to put two and two together. Some one runs up the price of the bids, since this would only benefit the company, I would assume that its them or the township that has posted the bids, I try to focus on my home state, and I see this persons ID, on ALOT, and I mean ALOT of bids. Unless he has millions of dollars to waste, there is something fishy going on here. I bid on some jewelry the other day, 5 min before it closed, it was at 3k, in 5 mins, it went from 3 k to 6k. I do a lot of trading in that business, and there was not 6k worth of value in the lot. If you know anything about Jewelry, you would have known that.

1st of Mar, 2012

This is what I know about Goverment deals.com This is not a goverment liquidator auction site they are totally a PRIVATE Company! Having worked with them the following is true! (1) They bid on items to maximize the profits on some of the items. (2) There starting bid on any item is way over inflated! Often they will over inflate the starting bid on a item to sometimes discourage bidders so that they can have there people bid on the item and get it at a resale value price. (3) They control every aspect of the bidding price for example when someone tries to come in at the last minute and out bid someone in the last few seconds of the auction if they want that item there going to get it! (5) They have most of the counties and munincipalites property auctions in the lower 48 states.
    (6) They keep there adress where they are headquarterd some what secretive not so easy for the general public to find with no contact information to the Main corporate office! This is to avoid small claims lawsuits and complaints from customers on a item that they mis represented!
    (7) AVOID GOV DEALS.COM LIKE THE PLAGUE I recomend you using ebay and if you have a complaint against the company the firs thing to do is file a complaint with the ethics commision in your state! (2) File a complaint with the better buisness bureau in your state! (3) Contact your state congressman and give him a written complaint on this company and then contact your attorney Generals office! (4) Most importantly post your complaint on all public complaint boards on the internet they are some really good consumer complaints boards that if you google they come up with the complaint against the company! (5) you have a right to sue this company in small claims court which is a really simple process to do takes about a day worth of work a jury most of the time will side with you in your even just 40 percent right on the case! THIS IS ONE OF THE MOST SLEAZY AUCTION SITES ON THE INTERNET THE PEOPLE THAT ARE INVOLVED IN THIS SCAM ARE SLEAZY SMELLY TIRDS THAT NEED TO BE FLUSHED! remember this is a private auction company not a goverment run company! They are having there people buy against you on this website and then selling the items on ebay and trough other methods!

• La
      7th of Mar, 2012

Govdeals in plain terms is BS. They are catering for the interests of the agencies selling through them and not, the interest of it's buying customers. I refused to pay for one of the Transit Buses I bid on there, because the selling agency falsified their advertising as the buses being in a certain condition, and when I went to pay and pick up and DID refuse payment for one bus, Albert Eby of Wave Transit in Wilmington NC, refuse to release my title, keeps me waiting for over 5 hrs pretending to be at a board meeting and Govdeals bans you.
    Why they will not investigate my assertion of False advertising on the part of the agency, I don't know. Now they are banning anyone they assume is associated with me or even if someone buy on your behalf, that someone also stands in their wrath of getting banned or having their account locked. I can't wait to see a New Auction site arise and take over their business. Check http://www.publicsurplus.com. You company and bankrupcy will soon be bedfellows if such attitude persists any more longer.

• Gj
      15th of Jun, 2012

i have had just 1 transaction with govdeals and it went through very smoothly but when i went back to check on the bidding history, i found there out that towards the close-time of the auction someone with the same initials bid 2 or three times consecutively without someone else bidding against him/her thus pushing the bid way up. i decided to be checking the histories of items am interested and true to what DTTN says, with just a few minutes remaining the prices just seem to skyrocket and i found that some of this last minute bidders bid way above the bid increment figure and like i said before they even bid consecutively! check on the file that i have upload and see the discrepancies on the highlighted lot

• Fo
      29th of Jul, 2012

I quit buying on GovDeals when I bid on an item and won. GovDeals sent me their award certificate. When I called the municipality seller to arrange payment & pickup, the seller never returned my calls. About a week later, a GovDeal representative called, stating that the seller had cancelled the auction, that my bid amount was too low and seller decided not to sell. I reminded him that an award certificate had been sent, that the auction ended, not cancelled, with my bid as the successful winning bid. Too bad he said. I have never been back to site again.

• Te
      22nd of Aug, 2012

I have been buying equipment, chairs, tables lamps etc... online for my business for years.
    This is the worst costumer service I have ever dealt with. They just do not care about you or the money they could be making if they were customer oriented. They use there power corruptly by blocking accounts if you have a phone confrontation with them.
    Apparently my husband and I can not have a separate accounts even though we own different businesses. They told me that he was not allowed to bid on items because I was bidding also so they blocked his account.
    We have always followed through with our transactions with them.
    Something is strange, it is almost like they are dicouraging participation, and bidding!!!
    Why?? The customer service people do not care and the manager snidely referred be to other sites, like go here instead!
    It is so frustrating. If my business was run this way out would be out of business, they just do not seem to care. Which leads me to assume that something is fishy. I even called about putting the 1, 000 dollar deposit down, and at first they said they hold it on a card, said by luke and steve, and then they changed their tune and said it had to be sent in by money order and they actually deposit it.
    We have always picked up items ontime and paid ontime. The manager Kerry treated me like a lying thief when all we are trying to do is spend money on there site.
    I am really frustrated as conceptually this is a good idea, but there is something not fair or honest about this site. If you are going to restrict people it should not be up to the whims of the staff but by a account by account basis relying on a transaction history. If you offer a deposit, it should be held on a card not charged or taken from the person unless there is a default.
    Again something ids amiss in this company. I am deeply upset by how I was treated and not sure if I want this company to have any of my money. I have bought lots of stuff on public surplus, and I think I am going to contact my state representatives and recommend they use this company instead.

• Ta
      27th of Aug, 2012

I've bought ALOT of items on GovDeals in the past 3 years. I finally ran into a problem with an the sellers agent (who was sort of a jerk). The seller's agent was gone on vacation for 4 (day 4 through 7) of the 10 days after the bid. On the 12 business day, the item was relisted and my account was pulled. The sellers agent was the only contact # I had and payment was received while he was gone on vacation. I am trying to resolve this dispute with Gov Deals but am not getting a good faith effort from them IMOA. I will be reporting them to the BBB if they or the seller does not make an attempt to mediated this dispute.
    The GovDeals Better Business Bureau link is as follows:

• Fe
      10th of Jun, 2013

I have bought 6 automobiles, 3 riding mowers, and 3 farm tractors from this site. I have had nothing but positive experiences.
    The site simply lists items from State and municipalities. Some places are easier to work with than others, but this was not govdeals issue. I would caution, as with any auction, that you know what the item you are bidding on is worth before bidding. if you are unsure...go inspect item before bidding. If you are looking for items in pristine condition...look elsewhere and pay a higher price. The site has saved my farm thousands.

• Go
      3rd of Dec, 2013

govdeal is a scam, the inflate prices and worst of banned people in the name of associate. HOW COME MY ROOMATE DEFAULT HAS TO DO WITH ME? now we not living together and im still banned. i tried to get him cleared the fee but he wasnt complying . that doesnt add up to me i cant make him and i can pay for some reckless behavior . IT SHAMEFUL GOVDEAL, U GUYS CAN DO BETTER