Gorman's / Furniture delivery!

1 Shelby Township, MI, United States Review updated:

Gorman’s Furniture (Lakeside Store), Shelby Township, Michigan – Ordered one (1) loveseat, one (1) couch, and two leather recliners mid October, 2007. Were told by our salesman (Craig) that orders take 8 to 10 weeks, but were also told we would have our furniture before Christmas, 2007. Furniture did not arrive. No contact from Gorman’s since initial purchase. Mid January, 2008 we received a letter from North Carolina furniture manufacturer that our furniture was scheduled to ship from the factory on February 28th. Still no contact from Gorman’s since initial purchase. After calling or salesman he was surprised we had received the letter, and said he would call the factory. Our salesman called three days later simply restating the factory’s delivery date. No response from Gorman’s since mid January. Sent an email (via Gorman’s website http://gormans.com) on February 24, 2008 to their Lakeside store expressing my dissatisfaction with their service, and lack of contact with our salesman. No response from Gorman’s. Sent a second email on March 2, 2008 to all Gorman’s stores listed on their website. The second email included a copy of the first, and my demand that my furniture be delivered by March 14, 2008. No response from Gorman’s. My wife left a phone mail message with our salesman on March 12, 2008 demanding they contact us. No response from Gorman’s. TWENTY-ONE (21) weeks have passed with only one useless contact from our salesman (Craig). They have $2500 of our money, and we have nothing. Please give due consideration before purchasing furniture from this company. March 14, 2008.

More Gorman's Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• We
      30th of Mar, 2008

Call the Macomb County Department of Consumer affairs.

• 28
      25th of Jul, 2012

Had similar experience. Ordered love sear and sofa in February. We were told it would take month to month a half to have the items shipped from oversea and delivered to us. After month waiting, the sales person (Dan), did not even have an estimate delivery yet. It took numerous phone calls and follow ups to find that that our delivery is scheduled for the beginning of April. Mid-march we contacted Gormans's, and they found out that the delivery is delayed another month until beginning of May. We had to contact Gorman's due to lack of communication on their end about the status of our items. Dan told us Gorman's can not provide estimated time of delivery or when the products will arrive from overseas. Could not take it anymore. Filled complaints with BBB and the State of Michigan Department of Attorney General. I call up a week after the complaint. The person on the phone had to put me on hold because there was a "note" on my profile. After a few minutes, I was informed that the items we ordered arrived from overseas this same day I called. She even asked me when I would like to have the items delivered. Usually, Gorman's doesn't do that. They have a route and visit certain areas certain days of the week. It is very intriguing what a public complaint can do. Beware if you want to deal with Gorman's. Otherwise, take your business elsewhere your business and hard-earned money are appreciated.