Gold's Gym V.S.L / membership transfer

Aug 12, 2015
Gold's Gym
3131 Cote Vertu
Phone: (514) 543-4653
I have had a membership with above mentioned gym for several months, i was no longer able to continue the membership and asked if there was a cancellation fee, which i was advised no but i can find someone to do a membership transfer.
It took me 2 months but finally i found someone, we went in to do the transfer at which time the manager then told us it must be a NEW member only not a previous member.
I asked to speak to the higher up manager in which i was told again the same thing, i asked to show me where in the contract does it mention that the membership transfer must be to a NEW member only. She was not able to provide me any document that states this, the only notes on the contract is that it is at the discretion of the manager. They have refused to assist me in anyway, i have tried to make arrangements and they refuse to co-operate.
I called another Gold's Gym in Beacons field and spoke to the manager there, she told me at her gym they make exceptions like this all the time and that the manager at Saint Laurent location is being unreasonable.

Gold's Gym Logo Gold's Gym