Global Warranty Group

Posted:

Failed to provide services

2.5
Global Warranty Group
I purchased an Ipad 2 through a Verizon Wireless authorized dealer in Newark, Ohio, on Oct. 11, 2011. At the time of purchase I paid $150 for insurance on the Ipad through Global Warranty Group.
Sometime the latter part of Novemeber the Ipad was stolen from my vehicle. After gathering all of the necessary documents and filing a police report, I was able to file a claim through Global Warranty Group, on Dec. 15, 2011. I was required to submit an additional $150 for replacement of the stolen Ipad. At this point Global Warranty Group now has $300 of my money.
I was told on Dec. 15, 2011, that I could expect my replacement in 7 to 10 business days. Two weeks later, when I still had not received my replacement, I called and was told the Ipad was on back order and I should give them another 7 to 10 business days. I have called twice a week since early January and get the same response "I should expect to receive my replacement in 7 to 10 business days, it is on back order."
Yesterday, I contacted the Apple Corporation, and explained the situation. I was informed by their representative that it would NEVER take more than 10 days to have a replacement shipped and typically takes less than 48 hours. I continue to call Global Warranty Group daily and they continue to tell me they have no new information.
Complaint comments Comments (0) Complaint country United States Complaint category Laptops / Notebooks

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree