Global Ocean Freight / Fraud and cheating

Global Ocean Freight
I hired Global Ocean Freight in Plantation Florida, to move my furniture from Bend Oregon to Toulouse France.

One week before my departure they could not tell me if they would be able to find a truck to come pick up my shipment. I had to cancel and asked them to send me back my deposit of $1400. They said they would but never did.

I had just enough time to hire a local company who did an excellent job and did the pick up and delivering right on time.

I kept calling from France and sending emails to global ocean but they kept lying in my face and to this day, never received my deposit.

To those who do not know, they have now gone out of business. Thanks God. I hope they are prosecuted for scamming so many people and I hope they all spend a long time in jail!

A  8th of Mar, 2009 by
Did you fill out a formal complaint and if so where did you fill one out with? I believe GOF has scammed me and I want to talk to the lawyer that handling this case? Please let me know

A  10th of Mar, 2010 by
We did a job for Global Ocean Freight, Plantation Florida for a returning Nigerian national in March 2008 and sent them proof of delivery. Till date (March 2010) they have not paid us.

We made a formal complaint to the Moving Association (then HHGFAA) to which we all belong and Global Oceanfreight has refused to pay our money.

I advise any Moving Company World wide and potential Clients who have not fallen prey to the fraud to beware of them. They lack integrity and are a source of shame to US based moving comapnies. We never believed such companies could still be found in countries like the United States of America in this 1st century. The relevant authorities in the USA should make sure they are prosecuted for being a scam company.

Candid Logistics Limited,